GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,685 posts in this topic

On 10/1/2017 at 2:05 PM, Malevolence said:

I also agree with bewareofbears on this in the not arguing on it as much as it doesn't really fit so well with them.  The first leak was a believable accident and we were even given a believable explanation as to why they wouldn't be able to take the skin away.  However the xbox live leak was complete incompetence and when they "found out" about it they said they'd make a statement which they avoided for an entire month no matter what they claim, they were extremely mum on it and had that idiot on twitter constantly saying "We are looking into it and we'll make a statement when we know more" only for them to come on here what? A week ago to say that they couldn't refund them past a certain point.  That's fine, just refund the thousands that showed up over night. That's the lie I'm specifically talking about and how they claim they can't do anything about it, they CAN as I said earlier there are ways they could fix it, they just aren't.

Backers get fucked over continously. Savini is one thing (a pretty big thing) but with backer copies not even shipping with the artwork that was promised is total BS. 

Got a great idea, since Savini Jason is never supposed to be sold and although  1000's of them have been leaked, sold on ebay or gameshared, it's no longer a "backers exclusive", heck I know a dude that has a youtube channel based on Savini, although he bought it on PS4 when they slipped up. 

@GunMedia_Ben @GunMedia @GunMedia_Ben SO I see we are raising the bar from 101 to 150. How about "unlocking" SJ at 150? it would REALLY give an incentive to keep playing. Then you can release a SKIN version of him that only backers could get. I mean it really is pay to win with him. I've watched so many videos and he really is better than other Jasons. He can actually break doors without getting his shit fucked up (part 6), he has the fastest cooldown on shift, longest reach, SO at least either change his looks and let him be unlockable (which wouldn't make as much since because so many have him) but you could make him different for the backers. He really is a better Jason than anyone else and just because some of use didn't even know about this game or for whatever other reason (hell I would have threw money your way). I just think it's so wrong that it's not just a backers thing, it's a fucking hacked, sold, stole, exploited item that really has divided the players. 

Keep your word, don't sell him, make him the top tier unlockable Jason and do something special for the backers that makes him stand out. I beg you guys, it's literally the best way to make everyone happy. You could do something as simple as make a skin like on part 3 purple nurple and have either his weapon flaming for the backers or something that wouldn't be hard to implement but would make them stand out.

Trust me, I've read soooo many backers opinion about this, basically they for the most part feel it's not backer exclusive anymore, and I think they should just release him and do something different. What about changing any backers font or color on their name in the lobby, or put some Red chevrons or flame style chevrons on his mask or something easy to pay tribute to backers. 

I'm pretty sure all most EVERYBODY wants Savini released and something else done. 

4 people like this

All I want for Christmas is my Sa-vi-ni.  My Sa-vi-ni.  My Sa-vi-ni...

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Trust me, I've read soooo many backers opinion about this, basically they for the most part feel it's not backer exclusive anymore, and I think they should just release him and do something different.

Yep, me in a nutshell.

35 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Got a great idea, since Savini Jason is never supposed to be sold and although  1000's of them have been leaked, sold on ebay or gameshared, it's no longer a "backers exclusive", heck I know a dude that has a youtube channel based on Savini, although he bought it on PS4 when they slipped up. 

@GunMedia_Ben @GunMedia @GunMedia_Ben SO I see we are raising the bar from 101 to 150. How about "unlocking" SJ at 150? it would REALLY give an incentive to keep playing. Then you can release a SKIN version of him that only backers could get. I mean it really is pay to win with him. I've watched so many videos and he really is better than other Jasons. He can actually break doors without getting his shit fucked up (part 6), he has the fastest cooldown on shift, longest reach, SO at least either change his looks and let him be unlockable (which wouldn't make as much since because so many have him) but you could make him different for the backers. He really is a better Jason than anyone else and just because some of use didn't even know about this game or for whatever other reason (hell I would have threw money your way). I just think it's so wrong that it's not just a backers thing, it's a fucking hacked, sold, stole, exploited item that really has divided the players. 

Keep your word, don't sell him, make him the top tier unlockable Jason and do something special for the backers that makes him stand out. I beg you guys, it's literally the best way to make everyone happy. You could do something as simple as make a skin like on part 3 purple nurple and have either his weapon flaming for the backers or something that wouldn't be hard to implement but would make them stand out.

Trust me, I've read soooo many backers opinion about this, basically they for the most part feel it's not backer exclusive anymore, and I think they should just release him and do something different. What about changing any backers font or color on their name in the lobby, or put some Red chevrons or flame style chevrons on his mask or something easy to pay tribute to backers. 

I'm pretty sure all most EVERYBODY wants Savini released and something else done. 

That's was great idea! If they want more money:D

48 minutes ago, AlessHart said:

That's was great idea! If they want more money:D

Well they said they wouldn't sell him, well how bout make it a level 150 unlock. I mean i'm a bit salty that true backers should be the only ppl to have him, but he's been released on all platforms and I didn't get in on it, If nothing else, Give him away (or for fucks sake sell him for $19.99 or whatever, I know i'd pay for it cause I feel the game will never be complete without owning him) and give him something to standout for the real backers, and maybe do something else for the backers also. Just don't make a counselor or a Jason that is superior. 

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

They can’t even properly glue the sleeves of the backer edition game. Or even send the backers what they paid for. I have zero faith they would ever keep their word and give the Savin Jason backers a true exclusive. 

I love that you all are standing firm on this, I love the Savini Jason and wish I had him and those that helped you all out from the start do deserve something special and I hope this finally ends people's requests you all rock and your game is awesome.

1 person likes this

I have a firm rule that if a company offers time-limited in-game exclusives of any sort for a game, I refuse to purchase that game. I dislike being threatened with unavailable content to prevent me from assessing the quality of a game after its release before choosing to buy it, and any content (even cosmetic) falls into this category. Having any content be unavailable annoys me, makes me feel as if I'm playing an incomplete game, and generally kills any desire I might have had to play the game. As a consumer, I have every right to feel this way, and am likely in the majority -- not of the people on this forum, but of the population of game purchasers in general.

That said, I found out about THIS game just the other day. I purchased it immediately because it looked fun (at full price), and then learned about the whole Savini Jason thing shortly thereafter. I wish I had done a little research first, because I wouldn't have bought it. It's a sad state of affairs when I have to do that every time I purchase a game, but that seems to be what the industry has come to. This is a good game, but this exclusivity is an unacceptable practice coupled with a mildly insulting explanation from Gun Media. As it stands, I might continue playing the game since I already paid for it, but I definitely won't purchase any DLC, recommend the game to anyone else, nor even consider playing anything else from this company in the future.

Would I pay $10 or $15 for the content and forgive Gun Media for this snafu? Sure, as long as they didn't try to pull the same stunt again. I've bought games that have been through this before after the developers came to their senses, and probably will again. Doesn't look to be the likely case here, though.

My two cents.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:04 AM, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

I think this is very fair. I'd totally be down with a de-powered Savini Jason. I just love how he looks, it doesn't matter if he's in line with the rest of the Jason roster ability-wise. Let the backers have the full-powered version.

Seriously, I'm such an asshole for not grabbing him during the KS campaign. How much was he, again? Like, $10 or something? Fuck.

I don't how many times everyone has to hear it, but...

No.

1 person likes this

@Dolemite Savini Jason was $6 dollars actually.

@Camp_Blood_Killer Savini has NOT been released on all platforms for your information. PC is the last platform where it has not been leaked. Which to me strengthens Gun's stance on Microsoft and Sony fucking up on the leak and not Gun. If it were Gun it would have also been leaked on Steam. And just because console players see a ton of leaked Savini doesn't mean I want to see it all over PC. I bought Savini and I very rarely see him in lobbies. You also mentioned he can actually break doors without getting his shit fucked up (part 6). This is absolutely NOT TRUE. His "shit" gets fucked up just as much as all the other Jasons. He is also vulnerable to all the bugs and exploits counselors use just like all the others. As far as this whole "pay to win" bullshit that everybody and their brother keeps vomiting out just shows you know NOTHING about Savini Jason. I get just as many kills using part 8, part 6, part 4 and part 3. Part 2 and 7 are sore spots for me but I don't try them as often as I should. I also get just as many counselors who escape with me as Savini just like part 8, part 6....blah blah. Yes the +shift is nice but he absolutely sucks in water. Dog shit slow. So I cringe every time I use him and there is a boat because I know counselors will escape if I don't play it right. 

All of you're ideas are unacceptable to me and I'm very happy so far with Gun sticking to their, well, guns on not releasing him. You're not getting him...just deal with it and move on.

1 minute ago, undrtkr said:

@Camp_Blood_Killer Savini has NOT been released on all platforms for your information. PC is the last platform where it has not been leaked. Which to me strengthens Gun's stance on Microsoft and Sony fucking up on the leak and not Gun. If it were Gun it would have also been leaked on Steam. And just because console players see a ton of leaked Savini doesn't mean I want to see it all over PC. I bought Savini and I very rarely see him in lobbies. You also mentioned he can actually break doors without getting his shit fucked up (part 6). This is absolutely NOT TRUE. His "shit" gets fucked up just as much as all the other Jasons. As far as this whole "pay to win" bullshit that everybody and their brother keeps vomiting out just shows you know NOTHING about Savini Jason. I get just as many kills using part 8, part 6, part 4 and part 3. Part 2 and 7 are sore spots for me but I don't try them as often as I should. I also get just as many counselors who escape with me as Savini just like part 8, part 6....blah blah. Yes the +shift is nice but he absolutely sucks in water. Dog shit slow. So I cringe every time I use him and there is a boat because I know counselors will escape if I don't play it right. 

All of you're ideas are unacceptable to me and I'm very happy so far with Gun sticking to their, well, guns on not releasing him. You're not getting him...just deal with it and move on.

Salty much? and FYI there are more "shared" Savin-weenies on PC than both platforms together. 

1 minute ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Salty much? and FYI there are more "shared" Savin-weenies on PC than both platforms together. 

lolwut?

There are so few Savini Jason's on PC...I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm usually the only Savini Jason in a lobby and people actually still get excited to see him on that platform.

Not salty at all. Just pointing out you're falsehoods. And if the "shared" thing was true I'd see a lot of him in lobbies now wouldn't I. Also reverting to name calling them just shows that you know I'm right.

Just now, AldermachXI said:

lolwut?

There are so few Savini Jason's on PC...I don't think you know what you're talking about. I'm usually the only Savini Jason in a lobby and people actually still get excited to see him on that platform.

well I read on plenty of post how easy it is to somehow "share" him with friends, maybe that person was wrong. Who gives a shit really. He's not exclusive, and yes I watch hollow hunter break down doors on youtube and cuts like butter, my part 6 usually takes at least 4 extra hits.

1 minute ago, AldermachXI said:

lolwut?

Same here...and no Aldermach...he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I do hear the occasional "pay to win" vomit but yeah..most of the time players get excited to see Savini because it is so rare.

3 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

well I read on plenty of post how easy it is to somehow "share" him with friends, maybe that person was wrong. Who gives a shit really. He's not exclusive, and yes I watch hollow hunter break down doors on youtube and cuts like butter, my part 6 usually takes at least 4 extra hits.

The "share" thing is only on console...might be exclusive to only XBox not sure. But it is definitely NOT a PC thing.

Yeah..part 6 sucks with doors. It's always taken 6 hits with him since launch. However, part 4 is 3 hits and so is 8. When part 4 was first released it only took 2 hits. So they "fixed" it in the last patch for him.

4 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

So you don't even play on PC yet you went ahead and claimed that...Good look.

Anyone who has him on PC and didn't pay for him did so through a hack/mod of sorts, and a lot of those people were actually caught and banned.

and yeah @undrtkr, still definitely get the odd "pay to win" whiner. I had a real salty one the other day. First he called me a hacker because I got a lucky Morph and landed right on him near the phone and he didn't seem to understand how Stalk works, so he went into a full rage. He was Jason the next round and I trolled the shit out of him the entire match. He tunneled me and I still escaped.

4 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

So you don't even play on PC yet you went ahead and claimed that...Good look.

Anyone who has him on PC and didn't pay for him did so through a hack/mod of sorts, and a lot of those people were actually caught and banned.

and yeah @undrtkr, still definitely get the odd "pay to win" whiner. I had a real salty one the other day. First he called me a hacker because I got a lucky Morph and landed right on him near the phone and he didn't seem to understand how Stalk works, so he went into a full rage. He was Jason the next round and I trolled the shit out of him the entire match. He tunneled me and I still escaped.

LOL, yeah I was playing Sunday afternoon and got a salty guy as I entered the lobby with the "pay to win" and 4 others jumped on that bandwagon. They were arguing about it with me and I kept trying to explain to them not to make stupid mistakes and I probably won't get them. Well I ended up killing all of them and only 2 counselors escaped. But the only reason I was able to get the "salties" was because they made such stupid mistakes. Two of them were in the same cabin as I was approaching. Both doors barricaded so I proceeded to take out the windows. All the while the two were chanting "pay to win". One of them climbed out the window as I was rounding the corner so I was able to throw him back through it. The other then proceeded to say "see, you are pay to win" as he does the EXACT same thing on the other side of the cabin. LOL. The other three I used stalk and just got lucky with shift grab because they were standing still. 

32 minutes ago, Camp_Blood_Killer said:

Savini Jason ain’t that great. He’s not any better than most of the other Jasons. He has his strengths and weaknesses. Part 4 can break through doors quicker than him. Savini’s shitty grip strength and how easily he’s stunned makes him less desirable for me. I only use him occasionally because he looks cool. That’s it. 

48 minutes ago, undrtkr said:

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

And you're right...Savini Jason isn't the ALL-POWERFUL MONSTER that everyone is making him out to be. He's got good and bad attributes just like any other Jason, but for some reason people think he's death incarnate or something. Hell, I was in a lobby the other day and some squeaker was bitching that everyone should leave because one player had Savini selected. "But he's OP!!" he whined. Shut up, asshole.

43 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

lolwut?

Yeah, I agree...you actually rarely see Savini on PC. Hell, I was playing earlier and someone actually popped up in the lobby for a sec who had him, and I was psyched and hoping he'd end up being the Jason player...but then he left.  :(

53 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

And you're right...Savini Jason isn't the ALL-POWERFUL MONSTER that everyone is making him out to be. He's got good and bad attributes just like any other Jason, but for some reason people think he's death incarnate or something. Hell, I was in a lobby the other day and some squeaker was bitching that everyone should leave because one player had Savini selected. "But he's OP!!" he whined. Shut up, asshole.

Yeah, I agree...you actually rarely see Savini on PC. Hell, I was playing earlier and someone actually popped up in the lobby for a sec who had him, and I was psyched and hoping he'd end up being the Jason player...but then he left.  :(

He's not OP. I'm more effective with J6 or J8. Even J2 is better in a lot of ways, since he can run. Savini stuns real easy and it can be hard to hit counselors with the pitchfork. It catches door frames, walls, etc...J8 and J3 are best for slashing.

btw, add me on Steam if you're looking for people to play with on PC @Dolemite. Same username as here.

WHY THE FUCK ARE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS? 

life isn't fair. you're not getting savini jason. i didn't get him and somehow, I've managed to survive. 

54 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

btw, add me on Steam if you're looking for people to play with on PC @Dolemite. Same username as here.

I will do so.