GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,685 posts in this topic

On July 28, 2017 at 7:39 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

We would like to update fans of the game concerning the unexpected free availability of the Tom Savini designed Jason Voorhees skin designed for Friday the 13th: The Game on the Xbox Store. A technical issue labeled the skin as a free download whereas it was only intended to be offered to those that received tokens to download via pre-order on BackerKit or as a reward via Kickstarter per an appropriate backer tier. 

The link to the free download that was discovered by fans has been around since the launch of the game, unknown to Gun Media or IllFonic. Upon discovery, we worked with Microsoft to correct the error and ensure that the skin could no longer be accessed. For technical reasons the link will remain on the Xbox Store, but will only be available for download by its intended recipients. We are also working with Microsoft to remove access from those that should not have been able to download the content.

This was an unfortunate circumstance, one that was in no way intended by Gun Media, IllFonic or Microsoft, and our apologies to our backers who purchased this skin with the knowledge that it would remain an exclusive to backers as thanks for their support

Actually, I completely missed this post!!

Well, there we have it. Much as I figured and, while I again feel badly that this happened to the team at Gun Media, it's not that big of a deal and will hopefully be resolved by the fire skins being removed from their accounts (no mad conspiracy of them intentionally going against their word to win back xbox users, lol). I didn't even realize this statement was made (I've been a bit out of the loop).

Shit happens!! I wish people wouldn't get so hyper-critical about it. I sometimes feel like anyone doing anything in public has a million cynical eyes studying them through microscopes for any sign of imperfection, which they will then roast them for.

I know that some of the mistakes made need no microscope to see, and things need to be improved... but, c'mon. It's a fun and innovative project and, if the smearing doesn't end their run, its only going to get better.

- Just my thoughts

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We have unconfirmed reports from users that the skin is being removed, but MS has not directly confirmed with us just yet. We're pinging them to find out. Until we know 100%, we continue to maintain that it's being looked into. 

I heard that those were from the exploit SJ's. I believe a fix for those was in the patch notes. Here's to hoping the free ones are next.

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Damn man. Congrats I'm happy for you. Glad we can still have you around this dive bar. And I'm sure your family is even more happy.

Thanks man. It was silly of me to include that, and maybe I should edit it out, but, yeah, just apparently felt like offering my personal perspective, hehe. I'm just fortunate, really. Others go through much worse than I. Anyway, maybe I'll make a post about that elsewhere - just wanted to say thanks.

10 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We have unconfirmed reports from users that the skin is being removed, but MS has not directly confirmed with us just yet. We're pinging them to find out. Until we know 100%, we continue to maintain that it's being looked into. 

Sorry that mix-up happened, Ben! Also, I understand not wanting to call more attention to this than necessary, but I completely missed your post on Friday, addressing this issue, hehe.

Not that it really mattered that much to me (what you said is, roughly, what I figured and expected, as I'm sure you guys would want the free skins removed from the accounts if/when possible). More so, I think some of the others who were upset about the issue may have missed your post. I don't know why people jump to negative assumptions, but they do... ANYWAY... all the best to you and the team!

23 minutes ago, Nomadder said:

Actually, I completely missed this post!!

Well, there we have it. Much as I figured and, while I again feel badly that this happened to the team at Gun Media, it's not that big of a deal and will hopefully be resolved by the fire skins being removed from their accounts (no mad conspiracy of them intentionally going against their word to win back xbox users, lol). I didn't even realize this statement was made (I've been a bit out of the loop).

Shit happens!! I wish people wouldn't get so hyper-critical about it. I sometimes feel like anyone doing anything in public has a million cynical eyes studying them through microscopes for any sign of imperfection, which they will then roast them for.

I know that some of the mistakes made need no microscope to see, and things need to be improved... but, c'mon. It's a fun and innovative project and, if the smearing doesn't end their run, its only going to get better.

- Just my thoughts

Well at least those who downloaded Savini will realize he is far from OP. Part 8 is still the best.

3 minutes ago, TastyChurro said:

Well at least those who downloaded Savini will realize he is far from OP.

Agreed.

3 minutes ago, TastyChurro said:

Part 8 is still the best.

I wouldn't agree. Then again, it is all depending on someones play style.

1 person likes this

lol as said before he is completely OP if you are a competive person as most who do the tier lists or have a lot of games in will all agree he is far OP and know how to play him extreamly well. Destruction + Shift + Damage + Weapon Attack range is all a broken combo especially right now how the current game is. you guys can claim hes not but when you can attack about 3 characters away in length through windows objects like fences and everything else and it only takes 2-3 hits there done. then you add in destruction for early game breaking everything down in 2-3 hits again. + shift which is the most used skill that leads to winning hes is far op. there is no down side to him.

18 minutes ago, Pulze said:

lol as said before he is completely OP if you are a competive person as most who do the tier lists or have a lot of games in will all agree he is far OP and know how to play him extreamly well. Destruction + Shift + Damage + Weapon Attack range is all a broken combo especially right now how the current game is. you guys can claim hes not but when you can attack about 3 characters away in length through windows objects like fences and everything else and it only takes 2-3 hits there done. then you add in destruction for early game breaking everything down in 2-3 hits again. + shift which is the most used skill that leads to winning hes is far op. there is no down side to him.

Read through pages 1-30 something. Don't really feel like getting into an "ERMAGERD SAVINI OP" debate again. So i'll leave it at that.

ive been read threw 1-30 lol I started in here on page like 10. He is hands down the best Jason in the game there is no need for + stalk so that is off the table there really is no need for + Morph right now in the game since your gona be chasing people down most the time aka shift for that. + traps pointless due to body blocking. +run speed again pointless when you got shift. So that leaves +weapon dmg amazing right now especially with thick skin nerf + shift hands down the best skill +Destruction break all the doors early 2-3 hits and late game they got no where to run to. then the MAJOR bonus + weapon range by a retarded amount. he is hands down top tier and always will be again its like playing a moba and being locked out of a full blown class. or better yet might as well lock us from a counselor also lol.

2 minutes ago, Pulze said:

ive been read threw 1-30 lol I started in here on page like 10. He is hands down the best Jason in the game there is no need for + stalk 

I disagree.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XxDaddyDakxX/video/33636224 My victims POV.

The rest we can just agree to disagree on. I'm tired of the Savini OP discussion. 

lol dude stalk isn't worth it ya you can get that one kill every now and then or do the fake outs its old people are over it especially in my lobbies. I never get tricked with that or the shift fake out to make them go out the window and back in . Stalk isn't close to being on a level ground of weapon dmg / destruction / shift. let alone the negative effect isn't even bad on him for that lol. so again hes hands down the most broken Jason in the game.

2 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

That's good to know.

I imagine we will get a crap ton of new threads being started if this is true. Those guys will be pissed.

But they shouldn't have gotten it anyways. And I don't feel the least bit bad bc so many people got paid content for free.

32 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

That's good to know.

I imagine we will get a crap ton of new threads being started if this is true. Those guys will be pissed.

But they shouldn't have gotten it anyways. And I don't feel the least bit bad bc so many people got paid content for free.

People will know if it's true when they hop into an XB1 lobby and find that not every Jason is Savini, since people were saying they were flooded. Any XB1 players notice a difference? I'm on XB but haven't had time to log on in the past couple weeks.

And anyone not on XB can just assume they were taken away and start once again sleeping at night.

1 minute ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

People will know if it's true when they hop into an XB1 lobby and find that not every Jason is Savini, since people were saying they were flooded. Any XB1 players notice a difference? I'm on XB but haven't had time to log on in the past couple weeks.

I haven't been on the game since the leak. But yes, lobbies were full of them. Not sure if thats changed. I'll do a search with @Brigadius tonight.

3 hours ago, Smitty_Voorhees said:

And anyone not on XB can just assume they were taken away and start once again sleeping at night.

Couple guys said theirs was gone. Other ppl I know who got it say they still have it. But once the oooo ahhhhh factor was over, people went back to thwir familiar Jason.

The amount of stress on this board over a digital carrot amuses me. 

Well whether or not they have started to pull them I can say that I've seen quite a bit fewer Savinis in matches tonight than I did on Thursday which was the last time I was home to even play.

Hype gone...so basically daily i see feww SJ not more and even when leak started I see just couple more....I never see more than two SJ in the lobby, never.

So enough moan and cry, go back play guyz

36 minutes ago, Earmack said:

So enough moan and cry, go back play guyz

Actually just played last night. Saw a total of four not including myself in the lobby (using LFG).

Please don't limit statistics to your personal experiences.

Posted (edited)

I play with regulars, out of about 12 rotating players only I had it legit, now all of them have him.  Six always play him.  The exclusive factor I paid when I supported Gun when they asked for help is gone at the moment.  Still waiting on the statement that confesses they boned me.

Actually that gave me an idea, thinking about how I felt.  If you aren't able to get Savini taken away from those who aren't backers because it's out of your hands, I'll tell you what you could do for backers that will REALLY make it up to us that you CAN do.  Take the machete model, copy it, change the skin so that it resembles the dagger from Jason goes to Hell and make it a dlc weapon that backers get, be sure to mark its price behind the scenes as $10,000 and give it the ability to stab Savini Jason in the back to kill him.  How's that for unfair?

Make sure the animation can only be done from behind, you know, stab him in the back like I feel.

Edited by Malevolence
Appehpany
1 person likes this

Was in a lobby most of the late night early morning with 3 other savini jasons and me. I've mained him since the get go though. Cut my teeth on him.

3 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Actually just played last night. Saw a total of four not including myself in the lobby (using LFG).

Please don't limit statistics to your personal experiences.

I was gonna say, I play every night, and I've seen lobbies with 4 - 5 people with Savini, and that doesn't include the fact that myself and one of my friends have him (as backers) but don't use him (I opt for random Jason now, and he plays Part 8).

3 hours ago, Malevolence said:

I play with regulars, out of about 12 rotating players only I had it legit, now all of them have him.  Six always play him.  The exclusive factor I paid when I supported Gun when they asked for help is gone at the moment.  Still waiting on the statement that confesses they boned me.

Actually that gave me an idea, thinking about how I felt.  If you aren't able to get Savini taken away from those who aren't backers because it's out of your hands, I'll tell you what you could do for backers that will REALLY make it up to us that you CAN do.  Take the machete model, copy it, change the skin so that it resembles the dagger from Jason goes to Hell and make it a dlc weapon that backers get, be sure to mark its price behind the scenes as $10,000 and give it the ability to stab Savini Jason in the back to kill him.  How's that for unfair?

Make sure the animation can only be done from behind, you know, stab him in the back like I feel.

How did they bone you?

Or maybe you don't understand the meaning of the word. It was a mistake that this happened and they have already said that they have asked MS to help them fix it.

I mean you got YOUR skin right?.. and we ALL know they are revoking everyone elses skin right? because they already said they are working with MS to do just that... I mean damn at least give them some time to fix it, this mistake was JUST found a week ago and it had been active since the game launched.

Some of you guys are very unreasonable as to when you want things to get fixed, you think MS is hustling to get this taken care of? Honestly they could give a damn about a kickstarter exclusive blah blah nonsense... They are working on it I'm sure but there is no priority on their part to do so.

Xbox is getting savini's by having a person with savini login to their xbox and download it to their system and then delete the downloaders account of the downloadees xbox. I literally just saw this happen and a guy explained it to me. The one kid left the lobby saying his friend was giving him savini and when he came back in he had him. 

@lHeartBreakerl i just witnessed some utter bullshit.

5 minutes ago, Brigadius said:

@lHeartBreakerl i just witnessed some utter bullshit.

I knew this was happening but I thought it was resolved. So you literally just watched some kid emerge from his cocoon as Savini? That pisses me off.

@GunMedia_Ben should see that.