GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

The "Evidence" in this thread is speculation and is baseless. You did not need to purchase the game to obtain the savini skin. It was a stand alone item that anyone was allowed to purchase during the backer period. I know of several cases where people purchased the skin so they could have it, than purchase the game on release because they had funds in their accounts on their platforms. I also know of streamers who purchased multiple copies so that they could participate in giveaways on their stream. Just because someone disbelieves that does not make it fact.

3 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

Do private matches work for you? Have you tried?

Yeah, they work. That's how I've been playing, but game crashes to dashboard every 20-30 minutes without fail. So if I am in a game that gets dragged out, chances are that I'm gonna D/C or crash before it ends. Only games I finish are ones in which the cops are called quick like.

2 minutes ago, Stranglemania said:

Yeah, they work. That's how I've been playing, but game crashes to dashboard every 20-30 minutes without fail. So if I am in a game that gets dragged out, chances are that I'm gonna D/C or crash before it ends. Only games I finish are ones in which the cops are called quick like.

Sorry to hear that.

10 minutes ago, JPops said:

The "Evidence" in this thread is speculation and is baseless. You did not need to purchase the game to obtain the savini skin. It was a stand alone item that anyone was allowed to purchase during the backer period. I know of several cases where people purchased the skin so they could have it, than purchase the game on release because they had funds in their accounts on their platforms. I also know of streamers who purchased multiple copies so that they could participate in giveaways on their stream. Just because someone disbelieves that does not make it fact.

Salty bitches being butthurt... thats what it is....

11 hours ago, JPops said:

The fact that I have no "Hard physical evidence" does make it speculation I guess. But, it is not BASELESS. This streamer said multiple times they were given the skin by Gun Media as a sign of love. You are telling me they are lying. I understand it is possible for people to have the skin and not have the game(Although I'm sure that is rare). This particular streamer had no idea this game was even coming out until they saw other streamers streaming it. Was not a backer. Did not pre-purchase the skin. Blatantly said to their community that they were gifted it from Gun Media.

11 hours ago, IH8YH said:

Salty bitches being butthurt... thats what it is....

Yep, salty and butthurt about being charged money to get lied to........How dare I? Go lay down somewhere.

• Like 1

I can see backers and other being salty because despite being called a skin, its a whole different character with different perks. if they thought it was just going to be a cosmetic item like the clothes pack, that is a bit messed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If this is true, it pisses me off.

Care to post or DM the streamers name?

@bewareofbears what do you make of this?

This is the first I've heard. I avoid streamers like the plague though. ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stranglemania said:

The fact that I have no "Hard physical evidence" does make it speculation I guess. But, it is not BASELESS. This streamer said multiple times they were given the skin by Gun Media as a sign of love. You are telling me they are lying. I understand it is possible for people to have the skin and not have the game(Although I'm sure that is rare). This particular streamer had no idea this game was even coming out until they saw other streamers streaming it. Was not a backer. Did not pre-purchase the skin. Blatantly said to their community that they were gifted it from Gun Media.

I'm sure alluding to a special inside connection to Gun has nothing to do with adding a level of official or elevated status to the stream. Nah, couldn't be that. I'm blatantly saying he's lying. Tell him to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Caliph said:

I'm sure alluding to a special inside connection to Gun has nothing to do with adding a level of official or elevated status to the stream. Nah, couldn't be that. I'm blatantly saying he's lying. Tell him to prove me wrong.

Its a pretty big streamer who I highly doubt needs help from a small game studio to grow their channel. In fact its probably more benificial for Gun that they are streaming their broken game. Which is another reason why its plausable Gun would give "love" to streamers. Especially sucessful ones with big audiences. Even AAA game companies "reward" big streamers who stream their games. Good try though... 

1 hour ago, Stranglemania said:

Its a pretty big streamer who I highly doubt needs help from a small game studio to grow their channel. In fact its probably more benificial for Gun that they are streaming their broken game. Which is another reason why its plausable Gun would give "love" to streamers. Especially sucessful ones with big audiences. Even AAA game companies "reward" big streamers who stream their games. Good try though... 

You're here making a claim with zero evidence any of this is true. He's full of it or you are. One or the other. But you know you can always prove it. You seem kind of hostile so there's always the chance you're just making claims to try and damage the reputation of Gun. Maybe you want the Savini skin and this is just an attempt to make that happen by implying they are handing them out anyway or spite because you aren't getting one.

What I find funny is that you go through all of this effort to bring this to the attention of people but then act like your above telling people who the streamer is. Maybe you're the streamer and this is a veiled threat? I don't know, you tell us.

Your credibility is suspect. I mean you do have 6 hours on the forums and have managed to accuse the devs of being dishonest and cheating their backers.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Caliph said:

You're here making a claim with zero evidence any of this is true. He's full of it or you are. One or the other. But you know you can always prove it. You seem kind of hostile so there's always the chance you're just making claims to try and damage the reputation of Gun. Maybe you want the Savini skin and this is just an attempt to make that happen by implying they are handing them out anyway or spite because you aren't getting one.

What I find funny is that you go through all of this effort to bring this to the attention of people but then act like your above telling people who the streamer is. Maybe you're the streamer and this is a veiled threat? I don't know, you tell us.

Your credibility is suspect. I mean you do have 6 hours on the forums and have managed to accuse the devs of being dishonest and cheating their backers.

Yep 6 hours. I just made the account today, because its the only way to get any info on when they are going to fix their game that was supposed to have a day one patch a week ago. It's a shame.

1. Gun has damaged their own reputation with this launch more than I ever could.

2. I know what I heard and what I saw. Name dropping streamers would prove nothing and only cause problems for them.

3. Yeah, I am going through some effort to make a new account in these forums and make my voice heard. That's what people do when they want answers. You can question my credibility and tell me to tread lightly because I'm new around here, but that's you appearing hostile. 

4. Charging people money for a broken game and not being honest and transparent about fixing it is DISHONEST. It does not take a week to certify a day one patch. F13's twitter is nothing but smoke screens and finger pointing at Sony and Microsoft. And that's when they aren't showing personal attention to a big streamer doing a live review on their game. It wouldn't let him log in so they personally went to his channel to help him fix it. And my claims of special treatment for big streamers seems far fetched? BTW I don't need to drop the name of that streamer. Its all over their twitter. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stranglemania said:

Yep 6 hours. I just made the account today, because its the only way to get any info on when they are going to fix their game that was supposed to have a day one patch a week ago. It's a shame.

1. Gun has damaged their own reputation with this launch more than I ever could.

2. I know what I heard and what I saw. Name dropping streamers would prove nothing and only cause problems for them.

3. Yeah, I am going through some effort to make a new account in these forums and make my voice heard. That's what people do when they want answers. You can question my credibility and tell me to tread lightly because I'm new around here, but that's you appearing hostile. 

4. Charging people money for a broken game and not being honest and transparent about fixing it is DISHONEST. It does not take a week to certify a day one patch. F13's twitter is nothing but smoke screens and finger pointing at Sony and Microsoft. And that's when they aren't showing personal attention to a big streamer doing a live review on their game. It wouldn't let him log in so they personally went to his channel to help him fix it. And my claims of special treatment for big streamers seems far fetched? BTW I don't need to drop the name of that streamer. Its all over their twitter. 

Yeah I hear that rhetoric for every new game. If it was that bad you had a refund option. If you chose not to use it then you wait for the fixes.

You made accusations back them up. Because you know I heard you're here to undermine the community because you're pissed about Guns decision to keep the Savini exclusive. I won't name drop where I heard it from but the guy is really credible and I have no reason not to believe him. He's a mega streamer and as such I feel obliged to let everyone know that he said you were here to do that. He has no reason to lie. It's all over twitter. It seems really possible too because you know you're in the thread regarding the decision about the Savini and not one regarding day 1 patches. Why would that guy lie?

Also, pardon me while I giggle at your insinuation that Sony and Microsoft, the companies that certified the game for sale on their system, are blameless here. You do understand what certified means right?

Let me help you

• officially recognize (someone or something) as possessing certain qualifications or meeting certain standards.

Oops. What standard was that?

We can blame Gun for attempting a little too much at once for the size of their studio but Microsoft and PlayStation did as much quality control as the Maytag repairman.

• Like 1

Bought the skins multiple times because of a weird billing issue (That got sorted out, got a receipt that was wrong.) Was told twice that the charges would got through later. Been sending messages since January about this and nobody has contacted me. A little upset and depressed that it's probably gonna be "Too bad" and have no chance at it despite having Emails and having kicked in $200 because I loved the idea of the game.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Caliph said:

Yeah I hear that rhetoric for every new game. If it was that bad you had a refund option. If you chose not use it then you wait for the fixes. You made accusations back them up. Because you know I heard you're here to undermine the community because you're pissed about Guns decision to keep the Savini exclusive. I won't name drop where I heard it from but the guy is really credible and I have no reason not to believe him. He's a mega streamer and as such I feel obliged to let everyone know that he said you were here to do that. He has no reason to lie. It's all over twitter. It seems really possible to because you know you're in the thread regarding the decision about the Savini and not one regarding day 1 patches. Why would that guy lie?

Also pardon me while I giggle at your insinuation that Sony and Microsoft the companies that certified the game for sale on their system are blameless here. You do understand what certified means right?

I actually have posted in a thread about day 1 patches. No updates in those threads. Big suprise. I came in here because I felt the thread message wasn't being 100% genuine about backers being the only ones to get the skin. So I questioned that. 

Have never heard any other game companies point the finger so much at Sony and Microsoft. Plenty of games require day 1 patches. None take a week to release.

Not sure what you are trying to defend?

34 minutes ago, Perky said:

Bought the skins multiple times because of a weird billing issue (That got sorted out, got a receipt that was wrong.) Was told twice that the charges would got through later. Been sending messages since January about this and nobody has contacted me. A little upset and depressed that it's probably gonna be "Too bad" and have no chance at it despite having Emails and having kicked in $200 because I loved the idea of the game.

Hmmmm. Let me guess. This is another person making a new account to come in the forums and undermine this game. Seems to be a lot of new members posting in these forums. Wonder why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stranglemania said:

Hmmmm. Let me guess. This is another person making a new account to come in the forums and undermine this game. Seems to be a lot of new members posting in these forums. Wonder why?

What are you talking about?

Alright let's cool it a little bit. This is a forum, it's a place for discussion. In such discussion people will voice their own opinions. Whether right wrong or indifferent they are allowed to have an opinion. Feel free to discuss opinions but let's refrain from this topic heating up as it is kind of making its way in that direction. 

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

This is the first I've heard. I avoid streamers like the plague though. ;)

Streamers are the plague dude! ;)

On 5/31/2017 at 0:34 PM, GunMedia_Ben said:

Our team offered a digital skin of Jason Voorhees as a Kickstarter reward for those that wanted it at specific tiers as listed. 

• $65 Jason Voorhees Digital Pro Pack
  • $99 Physical Game Edition + Digital Content
  • $129 Physical Game + Digital + Extra Download Key Pack
  • $140 Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector Pack
  • $140 Rev. 2 Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector Pack 
  • $230 Signed Physical Game + Digital Content
  • $275 Signed Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector pack
  • $275 Rev. 2 Signed Physical 'Machete' Steel Collector Pack
  • $400 Camp Crystal Lake Counselor Database
  • $500 Virtual Team Member
  • $750 Youtube Star
  • $1,000 Jason's Victims
  • $1,199 Name a Cabin!
  • $1,250 Design & Name an Achievement/Trophy
  • $2,000 Jason's Victims + Design an Achievement/Trophy Combo Pack
  • $2,500 Dev Team Hangout
  • $5,000 Design-a-Kill!
  • $6,000 Horror Icon Dinner
  • $7,500 Launch Party
  • $10,000 Be in the Game!

We initially stated that our team would only offer the Tom Savini designed skin as a Kickstarter-only item to thank our earliest supporters. They would be the only ones to get the skin, and would get to have something exclusive for gameplay. Our thanks to them, and their way to show off a bit to others that they were there at the start. 

Of course; we hit 12,000+ backers. Not all of them got that skin. Many opted for the cheaper options that got them the base-game, and many are now realizing that each tier lists rewards. Simply backing the game did not get you the skin. So we decided to take another route when Backerkit opened soon after the end of Kickstarter. 

We offered the skin as a standalone product for backers at the pricepoint of $6USD. The same can also be said in all regards for the counselor clothing pack; they were a la carte items. You were given a menu in which to choose what you wanted, what they were to get for your level of backing, and when all was said and done we would deliver on those items. 

We made that clear on Day 1 of the Backerkit that these two DLC were for backers; both Kickstarter and Backerkit. Kickstarter was a month of funding, while Backerkit lasted until the end of March 2017. We made multiple forum posts. We made multiple Facebook posts. We made multiple Twitter posts. We made multiple statements to our Backers, we posted to all current Backers on Kickstarter/Backerkit via updates and emails to ensure they had the right items they wanted and to ensure they bought for the correct platform. We showcased the skin as a teaser, we posted a video, we had Tom Savini reveal his creation on our social channels with final warnings that this skin was not going to be sold after the conclusion of our backer campaign. 

So here we are and here is where we are always going to stand; that skin and those clothing items are not for sale. They are not for secondary sale. They are for those that backed us and have been with us from the beginning. They are the people that took a chance on a campaign that has produced a game that is overall fun. Sure, we have issues that are being addressed at this time, but no amount of comments, complaints or insults or suggestions are going to bring that skin back. There was over a year and a half time for someone to feasibly learn about that content and purchase it for $6 or $9; you did not even need to buy the game is you did not wish too at the time. 

This team stands firm that for those of you who missed out; sorry. You missed out. Our backers believed. They funded. They supported. This is our thanks to them with a skin that is in no way superior to the other versions of Jason present within the game. I am sorry for those that want it now, but you missed out. We did everything we could to ensure that the word got out through our channels, press and otherwise, but the answer remains the same; we will not sell them. 

With all of this said,

For those who backed the game who got it on one platform.... (For instance I got it on xbox one)

Is there anyway for those people to get the DLC (even if they have to pay again) on a different console (like PC) so that they can have the content on both platforms? Or would that be handled case-by-case?

Also side-note: I noticed that the Savini Jason stats on my account (which is on Xbox One) were different than the stats seen when watching streamers play.... was that intentional, like did you make stats different based on the platform it was played on? Or was this a glitch in the matrix?

Thank you for your time spent in these forums!

1 hour ago, GameGeek126 said:

With all of this said,

For those who backed the game who got it on one platform.... (For instance I got it on xbox one)

Is there anyway for those people to get the DLC (even if they have to pay again) on a different console (like PC) so that they can have the content on both platforms? Or would that be handled case-by-case?

Also side-note: I noticed that the Savini Jason stats on my account (which is on Xbox One) were different than the stats seen when watching streamers play.... was that intentional, like did you make stats different based on the platform it was played on? Or was this a glitch in the matrix?

Thank you for your time spent in these forums!

The skin that you purchase during that period will be the skin you have access to. There will not be separate sales of the skin if you had backed on another platform. Xbox One is missing a day one patch I believe that once that pushes through they will fall in line with what is seen on steam. The stats are not different from platform to platform. 

7 hours ago, Stranglemania said:

If there was a streamer to "name drop" you would have by now. you're just trying to restart the circle jerk streamer hate lmfao. 

39 minutes ago, JPops said:

The skin that you purchase during that period will be the skin you have access to. There will not be separate sales of the skin if you had backed on another platform. Xbox One is missing a day one patch I believe that once that pushes through they will fall in line with what is seen on steam. The stats are not different from platform to platform. 

Okay thank you for clarifying! Right now my Savaini Jason can Sprint as oppose to breaking doors fast XD haha

Again. thank you for being active on the forums! It really makes this whole process easy :-)

~T

• Like 1

I heard the DLC is so exclusive not even make-a-wish can get a copy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brigadius said:

I heard the DLC is so exclusive not even make-a-wish can get a copy.

I know what to do now just in case.

"I dont care if you can get Selena gomez, Ellen and the rock. I want savini jason!"

• Like 1

It sure seems curious that so many people had issues with buying the Savini code through BackerKit, getting Steam codes instead of PS4 codes.

I bought mine in September, and I distinctly remember checking multiple times for anything indicating what platform the Savini Jason code was for and not seeing any. It said Steam in my cart, but in the store it wasn't labeled as there was no place to make a choice. I (wrongly, obviously) figured that meant it was for whatever platform I was pre-ordering along with the code, and it saying Steam in the cart was simply a bug.

And now they "discourage" and lock any thread looking to trade keys? Someone elsewhere said my best bet was to buy it in PC if I wanted to use the code. That's literally one of the stupidest things I have ever heard, and I used to live in Kansas (so you know I've heard some stupid stuff).

As much as I love this game, Gun Media certainly isn't making it easy for me to want to support them in the future.

• Like 1