GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

1,685 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Bulldawg2010 said:

Crazy.

Without the people that backed the game, this game would have never happened.

I didn't back it, but even I understand that you can't piss those people off.

These guys just seem not to care, taking the approach that if you ignore it, it will go away.

I've compared this game to the master chief collection and I'm gonna do it again. 343 did the EXACT same things, releasing a broken game, taking months to fix said game, ignoring it when it was clear it couldn't be fixed, lied to people regarding it being the exact same halo games we remembered, etc.

I feel for you guys, and even if the devs don't appreciate y'all, just know that I do. I love this game so thank y'all.

Im sorry that the devs have lied and refuse to respond on this matter.

I disagree on importance of backers and claim game would not have been made without them.  The only difference I see his with kick starter, they wouldn't require oversight from a bigger studio (I'm assuming they could of gotten funding with f13 license). They probably wanted to be their own bosses and didn't want strict oversight. That's what backers can be given credit for,  letting these guys be their own bosses and not accountable to a larger studio. 

1 minute ago, Manny1985 said:

I disagree on importance of backers and claim game would not have been made without them.  The only difference I see his with kick starter, they wouldn't require oversight from a bigger studio (I'm assuming they could of gotten funding with f13 license). They probably wanted to be their own bosses and didn't want strict oversight. That's what backers can be given credit for,  letting these guys be their own bosses and not accountable to a larger studio. 

I believe this game would have been called Summer Camp or something along those lines without the donations of backers to help them acquire the Friday lisence.

Has it been taken off the marketplace at least so no one else can get it? Last I saw it was up all day yesterday but if it's gone now I am sure many people missed out

Just now, chromeXskull said:

Has it been taken off the marketplace at least so no one else can get it? Last I saw it was up all day yesterday but if it's gone now I am sure many people missed out

Wasnt the license gifted?

I'm pretty sure it was taken down last night.

It's off the store

Just now, ThePainkiller said:

Wasnt the license gifted?

Yes, it was.

Yes, after 12 hours it was finally removed from the Microsoft store.

So if you didn't get him, you've missed your chance.

Just now, Bulldawg2010 said:

I believe this game would have been called Summer Camp or something along those lines without the donations of backers to help them acquire the Friday lisence.

I disagree. They didn't put the project on kickstater until after they were given the license.  Also the reason they gave for putting the project on kick starter didn't add up to me.  They didn't want to tone down the Gore? Games like last of us, evil within,  and God of war are still much more gory.

Just now, Bulldawg2010 said:

Yes, after 12 hours it was finally removed from the Microsoft store.

So if you didn't get him, you've missed your chance.

It was more around 17. An insane amount of time.

Don't worry if you missed the chance check ebay they are selling new accounts with the skin and clothes for 10$ you just need to buy the game

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

It was more around 17. An insane amount of time.

Either way 12/14 hours was way too long.

Along with the fact that the club I'm in with like 30 people was posting it, so everyone in that club has savini now.

i bet the bigger clubs with thousands of members had the majority of their members get him.

Its just no longer exclusive, and it's a bummer. I use to get so excited when I saw someone with Savini. Now, not so much.

Something tells me Gun is trying to figure out what the hell to do.

18 minutes ago, lachrymotion said:

kfDEpOf.jpg

@Kodiak sorry for double post. But are they actually going to revoke them? holy shit.

IN B4 "Y NO TAKE AWAY PS4" comments.

Which is a valid argument. 

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

They already skipped town after that leak they just have a automated service answering now :P

Just now, Pulze said:

They already skipped town after that leak they just have a automated service answering now :P

Check the post above yours. Someone linked illfonics reply.

They may actually take away the skin.

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

O backers lol. Just give them a gold star or something on there name.  Most just care about the title and status. 

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Check the post above yours. Someone linked illfonics reply.

They may actually take away the skin.

Highly doubt it and if they do people will just abuse the other way still lol... there is always loop holes with consoles :(

Just now, Pulze said:

Highly doubt it and if they do people will just abuse the other way still lol... there is always loop holes with consoles :(

Definitely true.

1 hour ago, Manny1985 said:

It's much easier for creators to show they worked in good faith,  than for backers to prove they didn't.  You are most likely not getting your money back,  nor do you have recourse for getting your money.  Sorry,  but that's just reality. 

No you are absolutely incorrect. Randy Greenbacks name is all over the receipts and a 25$ filing fee in ones local municipality will have Randy appear at that court for a small claim or judgement rendered against him. There will be no lawyers present and it is show or lose. As the sale was completed in the local municipality with an online transaction the local municipality is within it's jurisdiction. Don't think for a moment Gun is untouchable. There are a myriad of ways for them to be bankrupted in legal pursuits. One doesn't have to chase a class action as individuals have a right to file a small claims lawsuit against any individual they choose to and a day in court will happen and nothing can be done to stop it.

I say that simply because should Savini accidently be released on Steam i'm coming for my 6 dollars in the most expensive legal way possible. I'm tired of the bullshit sincerely. Get it fixed and secure and stop dicking around.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

@Kodiak sorry for double post. But are they actually going to revoke them? holy shit.

IN B4 "Y NO TAKE AWAY PS4" comments.

Which is a valid argument. 

It's not a valid aregument.

PS4 players had to pay 5.99, the same amount backers had to pay to get him.

Microsoft released it for free.

Since Microsoft released paid content for free, they can take it away.

Since Sony released paid content, and people bought the paid content, Sony couldn't do anything about it as far as revoking it.

Difference is money.

I feel like there will be a lot of Xbox gamers coming to the forums bitching once it gets taken away.

2 minutes ago, Pulze said:

Even if microsoft pulls the skin,  backers are still going to demand further compensation.  I don't think there is anyway to please them aside from putting them in the game and letting everyone know they backed the game. 

kfDEpOf.jpg

Hey, guys.

Remember this tweet?

Thats like the only official word on it?

They just fucking deleted it.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Caliph said:

No you are absolutely incorrect. Randy Greenbacks name is all over the receipts and a 25$ filing fee in ones local municipality will have Randy appear at that court for a small claim or judgement rendered against him. There will be no lawyers present and it is show or lose. As the sale was completed in the local municipality with an online transaction the local municipality is within it's jurisdiction. Don't think for a moment Gun is untouchable. There are a myriad of ways for them to be bankrupted in legal pursuits. One doesn't have to chase a class action as individuals have a right to file a small claims lawsuit against any individual they choose to and a day in court will happen and nothing can be done to stop it..

then you get into arguments of exclusive and timeline for gifts. Winning in small claims also isn't a given.

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

kfDEpOf.jpg

Hey, guys.

Remember this tweet?

Thats like the only official word on it?

They just fucking deleted it.

I was about to say I just went to their twitter and couldn't find it.

Wooooooow.