GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

I am genuinely sorry for those that missed out.

But, I still back this 100% and it's good to have a definitive statement to point to.

I wish they would get this fixed for consoles so we can change clothing and use savini Jason. As for the secondary market (IE : Ebay ) @Ben @wes  how do you plan to stop these people from selling them ? There have already been so many sold on Ebay. If you can't stop them then all that has been done is abuse and profit from a $6 item.

I have both DLC's and won't sell them. I just want to be able to use them ! I'm on PS4 and have had a great time playing.

19 hours ago, Sweedy said:

I brought the game day one, didn't back it and didn't receive the skin. I'd love the skin, but I completely understand and in fact, applaud, the fact that the skin will remain exclusive to backers. It is only right and fair.

Exactly.  I know the servers thing has been an issue, but really do we need to be compensated?  If the game is fixed and running smoothly and the team continues to do their best to keep it that way, and maybe add content for us later, then that works for me!

The Skin was a way to show gratitude to those that were there for the team from the beginning...if you didn't (like me), then that is a reward you don't get. 

I only feel bad for the people who are stupid enough to buy a digital character for $300 on eBay. Maybe not, maybe I feel bad for their families. It's not worth $300 and I hope anyone caught selling/buying gets some form of suspension or ban. I thought eBay had a policy against this kind of thing anyway?

A digital character in a video game is something you never actually "own". People need to relax. Though I'm wondering if some of the "buyers" are streamers. Who could afford $300 for a video game character? Seems crazy/stupid.

That's the only problem with exclusive items people will try to sell them and people really want them! 

The only thing I don't like is it's an awesome looking skin and it's a shame there is not another skin in game with the same level of effort put in.

Reading Reddit and Steam- people are losing their shit over this.

I guess this a "no win" situation and they went with the lesser of the two evils. I think they made the right call. If someone buys an "exclusive" anything- it should stay exclusive. Exclusive literally means people will be excluded. That's the entire concept of exclusivity. I'm sure there's even legal recourse, etc- which would be really sad but extra incentive to keep their word.

Those who helped make the game possible and backed at the appropriate tier or purchased it seperately deserve the exclusivity for putting their trust and money into the development of a game. Not knowing is not an excuse. That's on you, no one else. The game only exists because of the faith of those backers. This on the level of complaining that you can longer name a cabin, become a counselor, etc. Those were exclusives also- rewards for folks who put even more money and faith into the game than most.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Reading Reddit and Steam- people are losing their shit over this.

I guess this a "no win" situation and they went with the lesser of the two evils. I think they made the right call. If someone buys an "exclusive" anything- it should stay exclusive. Exclusive literally means people will be excluded. That's the entire concept of exclusivity. I'm sure there's even legal recourse, etc- which would be really sad but extra incentive to keep their word.

Those who helped make the game possible and backed at the appropriate tier or purchased it seperately deserve the exclusivity for putting their trust and money into the development of a game. Not knowing is not an excuse. That's on you, no one else. The game only exists because of the faith of those backers. This on the level of complaining that you can longer name a cabin, become a counselor, etc. Those were exclusives also- rewards for folks who put even more money and faith into the game than most.

Completely agree.

You don't see people complaining about not being able to get the Counselor clothing pack, or not being a counselor in the game as you've mentioned. Those were exclusives as well, so whats the difference here?

Whats an example of steam and reddit blowing up about this? i'm curious.

Just now, ConGamePro said:

I feel pretty fucking stupid now. 

Theres no reason to feel stupid. If you missed out, it sucks. I feel your pain, i've missed out on other exclusives with other games.

4 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Completely agree.

You don't see people complaining about not being able to get the Counselor clothing pack, or not being a counselor in the game as you've mentioned. Those were exclusives as well, so whats the difference here?

Whats an example of steam and reddit blowing up about this? i'm curious.

Theres no reason to feel stupid. If you missed out, it sucks. I feel your pain, i've missed out on other exclusives with other games.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/1291817837619651238/

But Orion though is talking sense.

The title of the thread is literally: "The backers/devs superiority complex"

Jesus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

But I do.

Because 1) F13 is my all-time favorite shit. 2) I had the resources to purchase a lot of the exclusives. 

Oh well just gonna have to chop up some counselors later so I can feel better. 

23 minutes ago, ConGamePro said:

Oh well just gonna have to chop up some counselors later so I can feel better. 

Now thats the spirit.

More lies....

How come certain Twitch streamers are getting the Savini skin without being a backer?!!? You can't make a stand and say that the time to get the Savini skin has come and gone, but then turn around and give free codes to big streamers who stream your game. Gun media shady AF!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stranglemania said:

More lies....

How come certain Twitch streamers are getting the Savini skin without being a backer?!!? You can't make a stand and say that the time to get the Savini skin has come and gone, but then turn around and give free codes to big streamers who stream your game. Gun media shady AF!

Do you have evidence of this?

Just now, lHeartBreakerl said:

Do you have evidence of this?

Other than the streamer saying on stream to his/her community that "Gun Media" show them a little "Love" and sent them the Savini skin? No. Fact is this streamer did not even purchase the game until early this week. Was not a backer and is playing as Savini Jason. So either they are lying about the "Love" they got from Gun Media and bought the skin from Ebay or Gun Media is showing favortism to certain streamers for keeping their game popular during rough times. I'm more inclined to believe the streamer who really has no reason to lie to their community about such things then believe Gun Media, whom has not shown much reason to believe them as of late.

1 minute ago, Stranglemania said:

Other than the streamer saying on stream to his/her community that "Gun Media" show them a little "Love" and sent them the Savini skin? No. Fact is this streamer did not even purchase the game until early this week. Was not a backer and is playing as Savini Jason. So either they are lying about the "Love" they got from Gun Media and bought the skin from Ebay or Gun Media is showing favortism to certain streamers for keeping their game popular during rough times. I'm more inclined to believe the streamer who really has no reason to lie to their community about such things then believe Gun Media, whom has not shown much reason to believe them as of late.

If this is true, it pisses me off.

Care to post or DM the streamers name?

@bewareofbears what do you make of this?

2 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

If this is true, it pisses me off.

Care to post or DM the streamers name?

@bewareofbears what do you make of this?

Not going to mention any names but I will say its not limited to one streamer. I have seen a few streamers who did not buy the game until Sunday/Monday playing with Savini Jason. At first I thought they must have bought the skin from Ebay. But now I'm not sure. Not sure why established streamers would need to lie about getting shown some love by a game studio.

But now I'm not sure. Not sure why established streamers would need to lie about getting shown some love by a game studio.

Probably because it would piss off backers and others who didn't get the skin. Once one person gets something others don't have, there will be riots.

Well, virtual riots.

But without names, links or videos I'm going to remain skeptical. 

Glad it's staying exclusive. I'm tired of spending extra money on an "exclusive" item only to see that same item released to everyone later. Good job guys. Just fix the console version of this game and you got my vote for Game of the Year. 

15 minutes ago, Stranglemania said:

I would tend not to believe since Gun seems very sted fast on the matter; but also SOME streamers bought multiple codes to give away themselves which is a different matter entirely. I also understand some people being upset but I'd like to point out as before I'm sure more Jason's and Counselors are coming once the problems are resolved.

1 minute ago, GraveKeeper said:

I would tend not to believe since Gun seems very sted fast on the matter; but also SOME streamers bought multiple codes to give away themselves which is a different matter entirely. I also understand some people being upset but I'd like to point out as before I'm sure more Jason's and Counselors are coming once the problems are resolved.

Well, I would tend to believe well established streamers who have no reason to lie to their community. If they bought multiple codes to giveaway, they would say so. No reason to lie about that. If they were gifted a code from another streamer or even a friend, they would say so. No reason to lie about that either. But mentioning they got shown some love from Gun Media?  Especially no reason to lie about that. 

Gun Media was also very sted fast about getting this patch out. We see how well that turned out. They can't even be truthful and transparent to the people who bought their game.

• Like 1

Well, I would tend to believe well established streamers who have no reason to lie to their community. If they bought multiple codes to giveaway, they would say so. No reason to lie about that. If they were gifted a code from another streamer or even a friend, they would say so. No reason to lie about that either. But mentioning they got shown some love from Gun Media?  Especially no reason to lie about that. 

Gun Media was also very sted fast about getting this patch out. We see how well that turned out. They can't even be truthful and transparent to the people who bought their game.

This is true unfortunately...we PS4 users are still the only ones without active DLC and no explanation.

Just now, GraveKeeper said:

This is true unfortunately...we PS4 users are still the only ones without active DLC and no explanation.

And us Xbox users still have no quick play or even a day one patch without explanation.

Just now, GraveKeeper said:

I play on Xbox One. I can't even finish a game unless the cops are called in the first 5 minutes. But I guess thats what we get for being console plebs and not super important PC streamers who get special treatment.

3 minutes ago, Stranglemania said:

I play on Xbox One. I can't even finish a game unless the cops are called in the first 5 minutes. But I guess thats what we get for being console plebs and not super important PC streamers who get special treatment.

Do private matches work for you? Have you tried?