GunMedia_Ben

Savini Jason - Statement from Gun Media

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

The banhammer striketh. 

And justly; that strike was severely earned.

Now that the...disturbance has been removed; to clarify I'd really just like Gun to tell us where the PS4 update stands; the last information we got was it was coming Tuesday and that never happened; no news today; so what's going on?

2 hours ago, SamazingReptar said:

Gotta question about the codes, I know you all addressed that we are having issues with the codes but will we receive new codes for us people that did receive codes but couldn't receive the dlc due to the error? 

I have the codes for PlayStation but this is what pops up every time I try to re-enter the code hoping that the update fixed the dlc but did not... Would just like to know if us Backers from Kickstarter and Backerit would be getting new codes since the codes did not work the first time an not purchase the dlc an not receive it but yea glad the team cleared everything up with this situation at hand... 

Also curious about this, I saved my original code for the counselor clothing DLC that didn't work just in case but I would also like to know if we will be receiving new codes like those on steam did

Just now, Austin.JM said:

Sorry I don't know why that posted multiple times

You had me scared there. 

14 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

Now that the...disturbance has been removed; to clarify I'd really just like Gun to tell us where the PS4 update stands; the last information we got was it was coming Tuesday and that never happened; no news today; so what's going on?

They posted an update on Facebook about an hour or two ago. 

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

They posted an update on Facebook about an hour or two ago. 

I just read it; they didn't really give any update for PS4 at all. But again both Steam and XBOX still have some DLC, PS4 has NONE; none of the codes were activated.

2 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

I just read it; they didn't really give any update for PS4 at all. But again both Steam and XBOX still have some DLC, PS4 has NONE; none of the codes were activated.

I understand they are having issues and I love the game but I really want what I paid for

3 minutes ago, Austin.JM said:

I understand they are having issues and I love the game but I really want what I paid for

That is understandable at the heart; but I just think it's unacceptable that PS4 doesn't have ANY of it active yet.

• Like 1

I actually tried to back a few times and it never successfully processed for me....

Thank you guys for taking a strong stance on this. This was available to everybody and I'm happy that I backed this game. 

12 minutes ago, GraveKeeper said:

That is understandable at the heart; but I just think it's unacceptable that PS4 doesn't have ANY of it active yet.

Its killing me a little bit everyday that I can't play with Savini Jason yet. Its nice to see that Xbox and Steam at least have theirs working. I can wait a little bit more.

• Like 1

Well, the only thing kind of crappy is a ton of folks who backed it are just selling their skin off for hundreds of dollars (or trying to anyhow).

i would guess with the server issues etc, it would be beneficial to let people purchase it rather than getting it scalped, to keep ppl around. One major problem with these multiplayer asymmetric games is once the community is irritated and starts bailing, the game is done. It may just be a skin, but it would entice some people to hang around longer for sure. Hopefully this hangs on through the touch start because it's pretty fun so far

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

We sent multiple emails to backers to ensure they have their orders set. If you had listed a PS4 key in your order, we can help...but if your order lists Steam, apologies...but there is nothing we can do. 

When I purchased the Savini skin with my PS4 preorder last September, there was one option. It did not say what platform it was for. In the cart, it did say Steam. I assumed that was a placeholder after removing it and searching for one marked PS4 multiple times, or a way to choose PS4 on the only one there. So this means I am out of luck?

16 minutes ago, MCPooge said:

When I purchased the Savini skin with my PS4 preorder last September, there was one option. It did not say what platform it was for. In the cart, it did say Steam. I assumed that was a placeholder after removing it and searching for one marked PS4 multiple times, or a way to choose PS4 on the only one there. So this means I am out of luck?

That's what exactly they are saying to us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kuebel33 said:

Well, the only thing kind of crappy is a ton of folks who backed it are just selling their skin off for hundreds of dollars (or trying to anyhow).

i would guess with the server issues etc, it would be beneficial to let people purchase it rather than getting it scalped, to keep ppl around. One major problem with these multiplayer asymmetric games is once the community is irritated and starts bailing, the game is done. It may just be a skin, but it would entice some people to hang around longer for sure. Hopefully this hangs on through the touch start because it's pretty fun so far

Agreed I'm having alot of fun with it despite not having my skin yet; though I still want it. But they did say DLC plans are coming in the future and I can't wait. Uber jason anyone?

@GunMedia_Ben It's a massive relief to see this statement posted. I was worried for a moment that perhaps Savini Jason may have become available some time in the future, as some developers just don't care or they cave in to all the complaining. To see this post and know that he's going to forever be exclusive is a huge relief; I have the counsellor clothing pack on Xbone and the Savini Jason for Xbone and PC, and I'm really happy to know that they'll forever be our rewards for our support. Much respect where it's due :) There are thousands of us who love this game, keep up the good work gents and ignore the nay-sayers. 

I bought the Savini Jason, can't use him yet as I'm on PS4, but yes this is a great post.

An exlcusive item should be exlcusive forever and not cave to the cry children that can't stand when someone has something they can't get.

I didn't get the DLC counselor clothing pack, I'd like it... but you don't see me blowing up the forum or messaging people crying about it.

I had my chance and I blew it. Oh well.

I'm looking forward to using my DLC codes on the PS4. Great game! It's all I've been playing since release.

Thanks for this info @GunMedia_Ben!!!! glad to see that words are kept :)
i secured TWO codes for the Savini Skin via Backerkit for PS4, one of myself and the other one was ment to be given away for FREE on twitter to a random follower and RTer ,which Randy said was totally ok :)

so if you dont have the skin and you want it... head to my twitter "@IH8YH" and follow and RT. Be sure that i will make sure that you have the game on PS4 before i give you the key so i can be sure you wont be selling the code.
Now the only thing i need is to Sony Europe to actually send over the codes to GunMedia/IllFonic so they can send them out to EU users aka me.

Once that has happened i will give away the extra code to one lucky and honest person.

9 hours ago, Pasco said:

That's what exactly they are saying to us.

That is really shitty. I preordered when the game was due out in Oct 2016. Now I get punished because they didn't post their BackerKit store correctly? Lovely.

Well, anyone have a PS4 code they would like to trade for a Steam code?

• Like 2