Elprez

Is it worth $39? Would probably pull the trigger at $29

Hmmm....looks like a work in progress release......looks like fun though....get it now or wait for an obvious upcoming sale?

It'll probably be worth the $40 once single player is out. Everyone gets it in a patch as long as you bought the game.

But for now i recommend waiting until the servers are fixed then hopping in. 

1 minute ago, Elprez said:

Hmmm....looks like a work in progress release......looks like fun though....get it now or wait for an obvious upcoming sale?

This game is a lot of fun if you are playing with friends. My friends were iffy about this game until they saw me play it. They ended up buying the game and we have been having a blast.

Sure there are bugs and stuff,but those are getting looked at as we speak.

As someone who is lucky enough to only have experience a few minor problems here and there, I think it is totally worth it. It's a lot of fun, and I've paid more for less.

With that said - I acknowledge the fact that there are lots and lots of people with issues. PC seems to be the most stable at the moment though. If $$ isn't really a huge issue for you, and you like Friday the 13th, grab it! They will get stuff ironed out soon, I'm sure. 

The game is a lot of fun and worth full price.

If you are in love with the F13 franchise, then it is worth a whole lot more.

It certainly was not worth it about 5 days ago for me as I had the database login error but now I think it would be fine to jump in, you could wait for a sale but you just never know when that is going to happen. In the meantime you will be missing out on a lot of fun. 

Oh it hasn't worked very well.  The developers have held their hands up and explained why.  As a paying customer I'm frustrated by the delay but as a grown adult I appreciate them taking the time to provide us with very detailed explanations and updates.

But...

When it has worked... it's bloody amazing.

It's genius.  It's addictive.  It's entertaining.  It's very well made.

Worth full price definitely but admittedly it hasn't worked correctly for everyone at release and they're still fixing it.

When the patches are up... grab it.  You'll kick yourself if you don't.

• Like 2

At its best i would say 40$ is fair, you already have players with 80+ hours played, currently the game is not at its best however.

I guess the best thing you can ask yourself is what else are you really going to do with that $10? If you're willing to jump in at $29, then you might as well support these guys with the full $39. That said, the game is a ton of fun. It just needs to get that quick play patch. 

No way in hell I would have paid $40 for this game if I had known I wasn't going to get a working product . I could look past the fact that it's 3 very similar maps and only one game mode if it actually worked correctly . 

Is the game worth it right now? I personally don't think so. Its a great game, but it has a ton of problems right now. I'd recommend waiting until the game gets fixed.

• Like 1

I'm a horror fanatic and I would honestly pay $200 for this game...dream come true for this horror hound convention nerd...the only possible better thing would be my #1 favorite franchise Halloween being the subject of a game just like this...but Friday the 13th is #2 :D  Looking forward to thank Savini and Hodder personally at the next con I catch them at.

People whining about this game are either non-horror fans or millennials who just feel the need to complain about buying anything...frankly I feel like too many play this game like it is Call of Duty and not a horror genre anyways, but that is for another thread.

15 minutes ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

People whining about this game are either non-horror fans or millennials who just feel the need to complain about buying anything...frankly I feel like too many play this game like it is Call of Duty and not a horror genre anyways, but that is for another thread.

Sorry I am 40 years old been a HUGE F13 fan since the first one and have met Hodder several times . I go to Monster Mania in Cherry Hill Nj every chance I get .  I am not whining about anything just stating my opinion which I absolutely have the right to . 

11 minutes ago, Kidchaos831 said:

Sorry I am 40 years old been a HUGE F13 fan since the first one and have met Hodder several times . I go to Monster Mania in Cherry Hill Nj every chance I get .  I am not whining about anything just stating my opinion which I absolutely have the right to . 

As do I :D

I am a huge Friday the 13th fan so I purchased it day one. If you love the series the game is absolutely worth it. If you are not, then I would sayit is not worth the price tag right now due to the lack of content. 

My philosophy is that if I wouldn't buy it at 39 dollars, I wouldn't buy it at 29 dollars. I'm in the boat where if 10 dollars means the difference, you probably shouldn't really be considering it. That said, I'd buy it again at 39 dollars if the servers were working properly. I would not buy it at all had I known there were gong to be so many issues. That said again, I still enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

That is a bit antagonistic. I am a backer and have greatly enjoyed the game when it worked. But I feel guilty encouraging my Canadian friends to buy it since it was $53 there and they haven't been able to play.

After being able to play too much of it, I am starting to feel the lack of content and variety in matches as well as kills. The kills can be contributed to bad players who use the same kill over and over, which irks me that I can't even get a decent death. Then sometimes you have to reuse kills to not let them get away as some Jasons, such as Manhattan, need room to perform their Jason specific kills and you can't do them in a small cabin that is close to their escape.

I would say it just depends on how much you want to play it...if a person is like you and would pay a crazy amount of money for it...yes, it is worth the $40. For more casual people, I do not think it is not worth it. Even after the servers are dandy, there are still too many things that need to be adjusted/fixed and maybe even added for this to be a $40-50 game...in my opinion, of course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TastyChurro said:

This game is a lot of fun if you are playing with friends. My friends were iffy about this game until they saw me play it. They ended up buying the game and we have been having a blast.

Sure there are bugs and stuff,but those are getting looked at as we speak.

Lucky you, I can't get my friends to Like this game. Except for two. One is a big fan of Jason, and the other likes survivals. All my other friends refuse the game because "Jason is Op". They just don't get it. Luckily this game across all platforms has an amazing Community with teammates that actually communicate in game.

9 minutes ago, Jayy said:

Lucky you, I can't get my friends to Like this game. Except for two. One is a big fan of Jason, and the other likes survivals. All my other friends refuse the game because "Jason is Op". They just don't get it. Luckily this game across all platforms has an amazing Community with teammates that actually communicate in game.

There are a lot of cool people in the Community, but my friends knew little to nothing about the Franchise. I had to tell them the back story of each Jason and why Part 4 and Part 5 are not in the game and who Tommy Jarvis is. It feels good to finally use my knowledge of F13 to use.

1 minute ago, TastyChurro said:

There are a lot of cool people in the Community, but my friends knew little to nothing about the Franchise. I had to tell them the back story of each Jason and why Part 4 and Part 5 are not in the game and who Tommy Jarvis is. It feels good to finally use my knowledge of F13 to use.

I agree I've already made so many online friends playing this game because of the awesome community, I just wish More of my Irl friends would like it too, because it's such a fun game! but alas they don't see the good in the game. They only see the bad.

This as with most expenses, it is not something you can make a decision on based on public opinion. It comes down to what you see value in. I personally think $40 is a bit low but it's a fair price. Others of course do not share that view. So you really have to ask yourself what am I getting for $40 and is it worth it for what I am receiving? Everyone has a different financial situation. Your best bet is to weight your options and see if this is something that is of value to you.

Totally worth the money for me and i spent $100+ with kickstarter and backerkit. It might get boring for some after a while of playing the same maps over and over but ive played 20 hours+ so far over 2 platforms and its lots of fun all depends on the group u playing with some can be real fun talking over the chat others not so much.

To be completely honest, with what we've got, I feel like as of right now, this is a $9.99-$14.99 game. If it had no bugs or glitches..... $29.99. If it had no bugs or glitches and added a few more maps and a couple more Jasons with new abilities, and a few new counselors, and improved the graphics and brought them into this era......$59.99. 

The current game isn't worth $40 for the casual Friday the 13th fan or gamer. As a fan of the franchise, I'd have been dumb enough to pay $60, etc. :) That said, maybe the single player content will improve the value to some folks. Single player is likely something we won't see until September or October though and when people buy the game (without being forum or social media fiends) it really isn't explained more content is coming.