AldermachXI

Xbox Community...Get it together!

Ok...So after a few days of giving up on Xbox completely, today I decided to give it another shot. Hopefully this is due to the time of day or something. But Xbox players are TERRIBLE at getting matches together. Using the Xbox F13 Fan Community page is nearly useless. A bunch of people asking for invites and not joining when you send them, or you get spammed invites to servers with no one in them.

No one is gonna get anywhere if this is how we choose to go about it. We need to use the posts on the group, establish 1-2-3 hosts first (add more as needed), and actually starting meeting up in ONE PLACE. Otherwise, we'll go in these circles all day.

I don't care if I host or join. I have no intention of hording Jason - it should be random or turn based. I will be hosting more regularly on Xbox in an attempt to get the ball rolling.

But good god Xbox players...figure it out. The tools are there. You guys just aren't using them.

I haven't had any issues with it at all actually. People are pretty chill there and i always find a game.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I haven't had any issues with it at all actually. People are pretty chill there and i always find a game.

How many in the lobby you're in right now?

3 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

How many in the lobby you're in right now?

i'm at work that might be my girl playing.

I have a different experience/impression- I use the "Looking for Group" function.  I have to refresh a lot because so many posts are added and people join them so quickly to the point when I try to get in, the lobby is full.  When my friends or I create a "Looking for Group" post, people usually join our lobby in less than a minute.

If you are using the same function (sorry I am unclear if you are- "posts on the group?"), then be sure not to click on "I'm interested," when opening someone's post.  Go to their profile below that and click "join game."  It will allow you to do so even if you are not friends.  If that option is greyed out, it means their lobby is full.  If the host is showing as "offline" but has other gamertags confirmed below his, you can click on theirs and join through them.  Of course, they need to be showing as online.   If join game is greyed out for them, the lobby is full.

"I'm interested" doesn't fare too well with this game because the looking for group option is the only way to play the game currently, and a lot of players join through profiles- bypassing you having to wait for the OP to confirm and send an invite.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Agreed 100 on this 

Apparently it gave an error when trying to connect to me. Might be why.

Was using my 2nd Xbox in the living room and not my primary one. Could be why.

AldermachXI,

I'll be on later this evening (I'm in CST). Feel free to add me/invite me to whatever group you form.  I haven't played much, but I'm a very fair player.  No griefing and no BS here.

Gamertag: c0nsilience

4 minutes ago, c0nsilience said:

AldermachXI,

I'll be on later this evening (I'm in CST). Feel free to add me/invite me to whatever group you form.  I haven't played much, but I'm a very fair player.  No griefing and no BS here.

Gamertag: c0nsilience

Be happy to play with the both of ya

gamertag: lHeart Breakerl

But aldermach already has me added

• Like 1

Just now, AldermachXI said:

I'll probably host around 10-11 pm tonight. I'll stream it too.

See ya tonight then.

Go to "Parties" and select the "Looking For Group" function.

As mentioned above it allows you create your own Customer Game and there is no shortage of joiners as Private Match is the only semi-dependable way of playing on XBox right now.

Just remember... if you're HOSTING - i.e. you initiated it... don't leave when you die.  It crashes the game for everyone else.

1 hour ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Be happy to play with the both of ya

gamertag: lHeart Breakerl

But aldermach already has me added

Cool!  I'll send you both invites when I'm able to wrap up work for the day and get on this evening!