Sign in to follow this  
LordIsMyShepherd

Please give all Counselors points based on how many people survived.

If you give ALL Counselors more EXP based on how many Counselors escape...... then you fix the following problems :

- If Jason is chasing me, then I will happily distract Jason and stall for as long as I can to help the others escape. I will get more Points this way.......  because as it is now, being chased by Jason and distracting for everyone else is a waste of my time.  I'm going to die anyway since it's impossible to escape a good Jason...... and I get no benefit by stalling Jason to help everyone else.

- This opens up a new strategy - "DISTRACT COUNSELOR"..... which is someone who picks a Counselor with high speed and stamina, and equips good Perks..... and purposefully makes a lot of noise to attract Jason and then tries to waste Jason's time as much as he can to help everyone else escape.   The more people who escape, more points the Distractor and the survivors get.

• Like 2

I like this idea, giving players a personal score and a group score, maybe with a screen explaining where you got the points from.  Right now chars like Bugsy, Adam, and to an extent Vanessa are self-imposed death sentences at best, or outright menaces at worst.  They attract Jason like flies to you-know-what given how noisy they are and in their desperation to survive often to lead him towards slower lower stamina chars, who he kills, before quickly finding and tracking them down again because it is near impossible to move as those chars without bringing any halfway decent Jason down on your head.

However... if, like you said, you got points for distracting and keeping Jason busy and just in general being a problem for him, then there would be more reason to play them IMO.  You'd get rewarded for a good distraction run, even if you know you probably won't actually get to survive yourself and get the points for making it out.

19 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

I like this idea, giving players a personal score and a group score, maybe with a screen explaining where you got the points from.  Right now chars like Bugsy, Adam, and to an extent Vanessa are self-imposed death sentences at best, or outright menaces at worst.  They attract Jason like flies to you-know-what given how noisy they are and in their desperation to survive often to lead him towards slower lower stamina chars, who he kills, before quickly finding and tracking them down again because it is near impossible to move as those chars without bringing any halfway decent Jason down on your head.

However... if, like you said, you got points for distracting and keeping Jason busy and just in general being a problem for him, then there would be more reason to play them IMO.  You'd get rewarded for a good distraction run, even if you know you probably won't actually get to survive yourself and get the points for making it out.

Perfectly stated.

I'd pick a guy like Bugsy, then equip the More Stamina while near a Radio perk, and 2 other good perks, and then intentionally attract Jason to that radio.... and frustrate the crap out of him while everyone else escapes.

I'd like it as a trait or perk, that's about it.  But even then everyone would just equip that perk and they'd be rewarded for essentially nothing.  That inflates the value of EXP and turn the game into a grind fest rather than into the goal of escape.  Helping friends becomes compelled rather than a choice.

Otherwise I don't think we should regard this as a team game.  It's not, necessarily.  I'd like a counselor to have as much of a chance to escape alone than in a group but that won't happen, because Jason's sense is so damn strong.

I would weaken the sensitivity of sense.  Force Jason to rely more on sound rather than fear.  Because currently fear is absurdly powerful, because it detects exact locations and you are tired out giving no chance for escape or at least any good moments.  As soon as Jason has you and chases you, he has you, especially with the dame "Shift + Grab" combo.