c0nsilience

Xbox One 'Day One' patch/fix available yet?

How the hell is there still no update on this? I thought the rumor was today and now I am reading it hasnt even been sent to Microsoft? Not to mention isn't this just for bugs and has nothing to do with the matchmaking problems? I got a feeling this patch wont happen this week and we still cant do Quick Matches by the weekend. Absolute bullshit if that happens. Done posting ill just check a couple times a day and hope I see something positive for us Xbox players

• Like 1

It's gonna be called the week 2 patch by the time we get it. Meanwhile, pc and ps4 are onto there 3rd or 4th patches in the same amount of time probably. Ridiculous that the most important thing, ie getting into an actual match is taking so long to fix. 

1 hour ago, chromeXskull said:

How the hell is there still no update on this? I thought the rumor was today and now I am reading it hasnt even been sent to Microsoft? Not to mention isn't this just for bugs and has nothing to do with the matchmaking problems? I got a feeling this patch wont happen this week and we still cant do Quick Matches by the weekend. Absolute bullshit if that happens. Done posting ill just check a couple times a day and hope I see something positive for us Xbox players

There was an update on the issues#3 thread about Xbox requiring more time to test before they release the patch.

Sounds like typical Microsoft...not that I hate the company, but they can be very cumbersome at the most inopportune times.

So what is going on with the servers and actually being able to play Quick Matches? I get the patch isn't live yet but I am pretty sure this is for a few bugs and has nothing to do with fixing server issues. Correct me if I a wrong.

Am I actually going to be able to play this weekend? The game is still a complete mess for me and I didn't even bother trying last night!

2 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

So what is going on with the servers and actually being able to play Quick Matches? I get the patch isn't live yet but I am pretty sure this is for a few bugs and has nothing to do with fixing server issues. Correct me if I a wrong.

Am I actually going to be able to play this weekend? The game is still a complete mess for me and I didn't even bother trying last night!

They said the patch for xbox one would take a little longer because of the quick play issue. They plan on fixing it with the patch. Thats at least what the update said about two days ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Private matches are your friend, presupposing that your host has a good internet connection.  Find some folks on this forum to play with man and you'll have a blast until the devs can get the quickplay figured out.

1 minute ago, c0nsilience said:

Private matches are your friend, presupposing that your host has a good internet connection.  Find some folks on this forum to play with man and you'll have a blast until the devs can get the quickplay figured out.

I get that man and I did play with Heartbreaker and a couple others but only a couple matches. I don't mind private matches sometimes and will still do some even when quick play is fixed but the problem for me is private matches are not always convenient, I have a beautiful wife who needs attention, kids, work, etc so sometimes I don't have a ton of time and just want to hop on for a match or two and not deal with Private.....Fingers crossed its fixed soon.

Having to play private matches isnt really that big of a issue, they are plentyful, problem is constantly getting dropped from said matches in one way or the other..

• Like 1

Man I just bought the game on Xbox one and have not gotten in to a single match yet so starting to rethink my purchase cause this is very upsetting wish you guys can do that fix sooner rather then later cause I was hoping on playing this year sometime soon :(

The problem for XBox users is the patch has to be certified.

We don't know the full details but it would be reasonable to expect that it involves a little more than the Devs saying "OK, this is ready".

It's entirely possible that Microsoft review the patch and turn around and say "Great guys but do you realise that this patch causes the following issues" and the Devs then have to resolve these?  I don't mean that with any disrespect to the Development Team here.  MS are a massive company who have entire departments for this sort of stuff.

Or they just might just be completing things within their "designated timescales for approval".

Either way the end result should be "game works" once the Patch is delivered.

As frustrating as it is, I want to play the game and as long as that's where we're headed then it will be alright in the end.

Let's hope it's just not too long a wait.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nilochris said:

Man I just bought the game on Xbox one and have not gotten in to a single match yet so starting to rethink my purchase cause this is very upsetting wish you guys can do that fix sooner rather then later cause I was hoping on playing this year sometime soon :(

Try using the xbox looking for group function, I belive it is on the party section when you click the home button, theres plenty of matches there, crashes will happen however :) 

8 minutes ago, Kidchaos831 said:

Stop blaming Microsoft they haven't received a single patch from anyone .

Exactly, every game that has a "Day One" patch has to submit to MS. And those games get patched DAY ONE. It never takes a week to get a patch certified unless the developer is dropping the ball.

• Like 2

Do either of you work for Microsoft?

MS has dropped the ball on things in the past, so it's not atypical for anyone to assume that part of this is on them.

Why would the devs cater strictly to PS4/Steam?  That doesn't make much sense.

3 hours ago, c0nsilience said:

Do either of you work for Microsoft?

MS has dropped the ball on things in the past, so it's not atypical for anyone to assume that part of this is on them.

Why would the devs cater strictly to PS4/Steam?  That doesn't make much sense.

PS4 and Steam have more players. Steam is also home to streamers with big audiences that can sway the success of a game. It does make some sense that they would cater to those platforms.

Anyway, none of this matters now the patch is out for Xbox! Thank You! I love the game and I'm happy I can play!