Sign in to follow this  
Conan_the_Savage

Mist/Fog Effect When Jason Shifts and Morphs

First off I love this game. It is rough around the edges, but still fun none the less. 

When Jason Shifts and Morphs to a location it would be amazing if ther was some sort of mist / fog effect to help hide the popping. I know there is that buzz tv look that helps hide it which is a nice touch, but it doesn't always hide that. You can be in a distance and see Jason disappear or reappear and looks very odd. It would be a nice touch to add to the game to make it feel less glitchy. They did this in Mortal Kombat X and I thought it was a clever way to show him come out of nowhere. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

First off I love this game. It is rough around the edges, but still fun none the less. 

When Jason Shifts and Morphs to a location it would be amazing if ther was some sort of mist / fog effect to help hide the popping. I know there is that buzz tv look that helps hide it which is a nice touch, but it doesn't always hide that. You can be in a distance and see Jason disappear or reappear and looks very odd. It would be a nice touch to add to the game to make it feel less glitchy. They did this in Mortal Kombat X and I thought it was a clever way to show him come out of nowhere. 

The effect was there for the Global Reveal, before the VHS was in.  They used that as a placeholder.

Not sure why they took it out or didn't just have both.

1 hour ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

Yea they had it in early alpha but they removed it. I,d like it to come back tho that would bring up the vibe Evan more

well damn.. they have a system made for it then.. that shouldn't be too hard for them to throw it back. I wonder why they took it out? Maybe performance, but they using u4 so I don't see how that would be the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Conan_the_Savage said:

well damn.. they have a system made for it then.. that shouldn't be too hard for them to throw it back. I wonder why they took it out? Maybe performance, but they using u4 so I don't see how that would be the problem. 

Lotta people didn't like it because it made Jason seem a bit too supernatural across the board.

I wouldn't mind if both were in it helps make it feel more natural.

I mean... he is kinda supernatural. It is much better then him popping out of thin air. It looks like a glitch. I thought it was pretty cool the way they did it in MKX. It is a different type of game, but mist/fog seems fitting for the character. Maybe have him fade in at least. 

agreed, they need some sort of effect to make it seem like hes appearing out of nowhere... looks trashy.

• Like 1