tyrant666

Down The Road, The Devs Should Probably Consider A New Mechanic For Jason When Facing Gang Assaults By Groups Of Counselors

So I was playing Packanack last night as Part 8. I was playing my usual style.

- Going around, cutting power

- Placing traps on the 4 seater and phone box since people really don't give a shit about the two seater until its too late

- Breaking down doors and windows

- Collecting Knives

So I had killed I think at least one counselor before I saw this.

I was just chilling by the car in stalk mode, just waiting for counselors to try to fix the car (or phone, since it was in Packanack, which helped me even more). Next thing I see is the entire group of counselors coming down the road with weapons, mic spamming MAKE SURE TO STUN HIM SO WE CAN REPAIR THE CAR!. They did manage to stun me about 10 times, but they kept landing in my traps around the car and the house. It felt like they had about 10 pocket knives, 10 melee weapons that never broke.

Anyway, I pretty much killed all of them as they failed time and again to get the phone working or the car fixed and the last two got so mad, one jumped out the second story of Packanack to suicide to prevent me from killing them. The other stepped in their own bear trap inside Packanack to kill themselves to prevent me from killing them.

Now ya'll might say its my fault, since my playstyle allows the counselors more time to gather weapons and/or group together. I see it as groups of party friends on the same page, which is clean, I have no issue with that.

The problem is Jason can't possibly block 6 OR 7 counselors attacking him constantly all at once.

There needs to be some sort of mechanic that allows him to keep counselors from wanting to surround him and knock him down/stun him constantly. I'm thinking the Devs should take a page from the various films in the series and ADD a MULTIPLE KILL mechanic if Jason is surrounded by two counselors or more.

Examples

2 Counselors - Jason smashes their heads together, as seen in JTGH

3 or more Counselors - Even though it won't visually make sense with the spear for instance...perhaps Part 6 Jason briefly pulls out his machete and triple decapitates 3 counselors around him. For every other Jason who uses an axe, same deal. They use their axe to triple decapitate the counselors

Now I know people are gonna say...just kill the counselors the old fashioned way. Slice and dice, grabs. I just worry this type of gameplay is going to become an annoyance and form of trolling down the road. I think allowing Jason to kill multiple counselors at a time if he's surrounded would be a good way to breakup the gang assaults on Jason, since he wouldn't be able to perform these multiple kills if only met with 2 or less counselors.

• Like 7

No, like you said you were still able to deal with them when they ganged on you.. why would jason then need a buff in that situation? makes no sense

• Like 10

Although I agree it would be cool to give Jason some more options when he gets mobbed. I fail to see why your specific example was an issue.

The counsellors plan entirely failed and you smoked them.

• Like 2

I think what you just suggested is little bit too extreme. I think it's better if Jason gets stun immunity for a while after he has been stunned? This way fighting him is still worth it, but he can't be stun locked.

• Like 1

I love it when counselors try this on me....just wade into them swinging and enjoy the tears when they start complaining about how you are lame for not grabbing. You might get knocked out one or two times, but they will fare much worse. Pace around their mob a bit and play footsie as you get close, they will probably even hit each other a few times :D

• Like 5

You really can't complain about being ganged on and win. That's like how a Jason player rage quit at the end of a match even though he won.

1 minute ago, FancyBonnie said:

You really can't complain about being ganged on and win. That's like how a Jason player rage quit at the end of a match even though he won.

I'm not sure I see the correlation or similarity. Can you elaborate?

Just now, SolidusPrime said:

I'm not sure I see the correlation or similarity. Can you elaborate?

Both players want a change to a event that gave them trouble, (The guy who was Jason was chasing a Jenny who was window hopping for about 2 minutes) But they eventually got out of in the end and still won.

I agree that there should be an ability to execute 2-3 counselors at once when in close proximity. Something that gets charged and you can use once or twice in a session. I just feel like it would be more true to life (F13 life). 

• Like 2

Agree. He should have a multi-counselor kill option like the way he kills all the paintballers in Part 6.

• Like 1

Just now, ConGamePro said:

Agree. He should have a multi-counselor kill option like the way he kills all the paintballers in Part 6.

Then just free-swing your weapon?

Just now, FancyBonnie said:

Then just free-swing your weapon?

Yeah like a special machete swing that cuts everything nearby in half or decapitates everyone at once. 

It would make sense from a "lore" perspective, but I feel like if I could kill multiple counselors at once that it would start to be a little on the OP side. 

Without trying to sound like an ass, I feel like this is one of those times where there isn't really a problem, and people just need to practice with Jason a little more, rather than asking for a buff. This is a horrible tactic for counselors that fails every time against a good-experienced Jason.

Just my opinion though. I wouldn't rage if it was added or anything, just don't feel that it is needed from a balance point of view.

EDIT: Also - As Jason, you really shouldn't be giving the counselors time or space to gather together in a group of 6-7 with multiple weapons, either :) If they've had that much breathing room, you've probably been slacking a bit.

• Like 1

So your complaining about a group of people stunning you... but you ended up overpowering them all in the end....

But you want jason to get buffed?.....

Uhhhhh what?...

I would be all for a "group kill" option if 2 counselors just happen to be in the right spot together, but am fine with the mechanics as is.

I think as people get to grips with Jason this will become less of an issue.

My first time using Jason I was given the fragile one with the spear...

The counsellors were picking on me something shocking but it was me not knowing what I was doing and maximising on Jason's strengths.

You let the counselors pick their fight where they wanted to have it and that's part of the reason it was annoying.

If it happens again you'll probably handle it a little differently and a lot better.

4 hours ago, SolidusPrime said:

I love it when counselors try this on me....just wade into them swinging and enjoy the tears when they start complaining about how you are lame for not grabbing. You might get knocked out one or two times, but they will fare much worse. Pace around their mob a bit and play footsie as you get close, they will probably even hit each other a few times :D

This...not sure if a multi-kill option would be good for the game; Jason is already OP (as he should be).  When I get mobbed I swing and hit everyone.  After I hit them a second time, they usually start to run away.  That's when I go for the grab so as not to upset anyone who frowns on killing by swinging (I don't understand why that's a problem for some but to each his own).  Sometimes I get stunned while getting in a swing or two, and half the time I get Pocketknifed but eventually I catch up with them at some point.  If they happen to get away, sucks for me- but I take comfort in knowing they had a good scare and some fun. 

OP, your play style is pretty much identical to mine- so just start swinging away while playing footsies with the group.  Try to get them to whiff their swings first then counter.

Not sure how this wouldn't just be considered a teamwork strategy that could either pay off with survival or a dumb move that allowed everyone to line up to get killed. Doesn't seem like some kind of glitch or anything. Either way I'm laughing so hard imagining 6 counselors , beating on Jason with those pots and pans laying around while Jason in a Bruce from Family Guy voice going "oh no" "y'all need to stop that"

• Like 1

But this is a high risk tactic that almost always results in disaster for the counselors whenever I see it done.  Not sure why they should change it to make Jason win even faster.  That's actually giving people negative incentive to work together, which is a bad idea IMO. 

• Like 1

Working as intended. Teamwork is the counselors strength and advantage. It's on you to prevent them from doing that. Personally, id applaud them for a solid effort as most just isolate themselves and drop off one by one. You were almost outplayed.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I can get behind this...

A. Pretty sure in general multiple people SHOULD die, and all counselors escaping should be rare

B. Jason is already exceptionally powerful in all situations EXCEPT when someone finds his shack and the sweater (working as intended)

Yeah, the devs even said before that the counselors ganging up on Jason is a viable strategy for them, that its like the only way you really want to fight Jason.