Sign in to follow this  
Sherak

incentive to escape

Playing a private match with friends whats stopping the Councillors just hiding in the woods for 20 mins and 'Surviving' rather than escaping?

playing the game is preventing you.

though funny thing happened yesterday.....

was playing in a group of my usual 8 peeps and one of them had to do some stuff in the kitchen, so in the lobby he hit ready so we could play, the match started, he went into a tent and then into the kitchen, only coming back every minute or so to move the controller so he doesnt get kicked and the group doesnt get split up as he was the host.....

the jason player was too damn stoned (and inexperienced as Jason probably) and couldnt find him..... hiding 20min in the same damn tent and he was the sole survivor lol

yeah but basically....... its simply no fun to just hide for 20min and it also gets you more XP when you actually play.

I think any survivors should be slaughtered at the end one by one to publicly shame them to the rest of the players  :P

My daughter initially tried the hide-in-one-place strategy. And it almost worked. Jason went there several times during the round and left.

Until she was the last one in the game. Everyone else had either been killed or escaped. So Jason knew she was there.

He killed her in the last 10 seconds.

If you are AJ it is possible to stand still alone in the woods and Jason might never find you. Problem is that even with a flashlight on you generate enough fear for Jason to sense you later in the game. So if Jason happens to be lucky and activates his sense nearby he can sense AJ.

If you hide in the house well then just cutting power to the house generates enough fear for Jason to sense you.

I also think that surviving the entire match should give you the least amount of exp you can get by surviving.

40 minutes ago, HeavyTeemu said:

If you are AJ it is possible to stand still alone in the woods and Jason might never find you. Problem is that even with a flashlight on you generate enough fear for Jason to sense you later in the game. So if Jason happens to be lucky and activates his sense nearby he can sense AJ.

If you hide in the house well then just cutting power to the house generates enough fear for Jason to sense you.

I also think that surviving the entire match should give you the least amount of exp you can get by surviving.

I've no issue with people surviving to the end so long as they contribute to the match, I've won by surviving a couple of times simply by just keeping on the move looking for key items. Some times there is little you can do if you've had a team of trolls that hide the items or die somewhere you are likely not to find their body.

I am playing a game as I type, one guy is just hiding in the woods right now lol Hes been doing it for 10 mins now and Jason has not found him. It works but is sucks for the people waiting who died. 

AJ

At 18 minutes counsellors should go into perma-fear state at least then if they survive the last 2 mins they have at least had to work at it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sherak said:

At 18 minutes counsellors should go into perma-fear state at least then if they survive the last 2 mins they have at least had to work at it.

Agreed. That would be neat.

1 hour ago, Geometrek said:

Now he has got bored and is running around just to get Jasons attention, he still can't find him LOL

Sounds like an inexperienced Jason. Hiding is not an issue.