So:
1. Murdered/Escaped can speak to each other
2. Counselors can speak to other counselors nearby
3. Counselors can speak to cother ounselors over distance if the have found walkies
4. Jason can hear counselors nearby
5. ... ?

The other day I was playing and I was the last one alive and suddenly a voice on the chat said "I'm coming to get you, you ready?" and then Jason appeared and gutted me.

I did NOT think Jason could speak to Counselors... I mean, Jason can't speak in the movies. Could it be some private lobby setting (never hosted one) or does Jason come accross some ability on higher levels that makes this possible or can he use the walkies?

(This was on PS4 and I had joined a game party but I'm absolutely sure audio was switched to "In Game" 100%)

28 minutes ago, HeavyTeemu said:

Jason can talk to counselors. Without a perk.

Wow, ok, thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

Dead/Escaped can speak to each other.

Counselors can speak in proximity chat (anyone around them, Jason included), and if they have a Walkie Talkie, everyone else with one can hear it.

Jason can speak in proximity.

Jason CANNOT hear walkie talkie chatter.

Actually, Jason can hear you talking on your walkie via proximity.  He doesn't hear what the others say to those around him, but he hears what those around him say into it.