antonz

Has anyone attempted to play the game without a ps plus membership?

PS+ is required to play any game online with VERY FEW exceptions. Pretty much always.

You need PS+ to play multiplayer on the F13 game. I miss the days when you didn't need a PS+ membership to play multiplayer online. I don't game enough to justify paying for it, and now I'm annoyed because I'm gonna have to cave and pay for it at least for a month or two to have fun in this game particularly. Does Xbox do this? Because I've been strictly Playstation since the PS2 but if Xbox doesn't do this required membership thing to play online multiplayer, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

On 31.5.2017 at 9:32 PM, karmakaze said:

You need PS+ to play multiplayer on the F13 game. I miss the days when you didn't need a PS+ membership to play multiplayer online. I don't game enough to justify paying for it, and now I'm annoyed because I'm gonna have to cave and pay for it at least for a month or two to have fun in this game particularly. Does Xbox do this? Because I've been strictly Playstation since the PS2 but if Xbox doesn't do this required membership thing to play online multiplayer, I'd be willing to give it a shot.

Microsoft is doing exactly the same. It's called Xbox Live Gold. I wouldn't consider jumping ship and getting an Xbox regardless. PS4 has more games, and more and better exclusives. With both subscriptions, Xbox Live and PS+ you get a couple of games for free each month. You can play them as long as you are subscribed. There are also often discounts for certain games if you have a PS+ subscription. If you're not willing to pay for their services you can play on PC. Most of the multiplayer games, once bought, won't cost you any more money and the games are cheaper as a rule of thumb.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Rok73 said:

Microsoft is doing exactly the same. It's called Xbox Live Gold. I wouldn't consider jumping ship and getting an Xbox regardless. PS4 has more games, and more and better exclusives. With both subscriptions, Xbox Live and PS+ you get a couple of games for free each month. You can play them as long as you are subscribed. There are also often discounts for certain games if you have a PS+ subscription. If you're not willing to pay for their services you can play on PC. Most of the multiplayer games, once bought, won't cost you any more money and the games are cheaper as a rule of thumb.

Yeaaaah if that's the case then I'll happily stick with the PS. I agree that the game selection has been way better and generally I prefer the PS. Thank you for the heads up! I'm gonna go through with getting a PS+ membership then. I didn't know you get free games as well so sounds better than just paying to play multiplayer online!

If you have not got PS plus before check the PSN store under PS Plus and you might get a free trial.  I've actually got the two day trial a few times so I'm not sure what limits you from getting it.

6 minutes ago, karmakaze said:

Yeaaaah if that's the case then I'll happily stick with the PS. I agree that the game selection has been way better and generally I prefer the PS. Thank you for the heads up! I'm gonna go through with getting a PS+ membership then. I didn't know you get free games as well so sounds better than just paying to play multiplayer online!

Microsoft are the ones that started all this online membership stuff with Xbox live on 360. Never forgive them for that :/

• Like 2

For this game I'm cool with paying 49.00 a year to play it. I didn't buy a PS+ Membership till this game came out.

21 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Microsoft are the ones that started all this online membership stuff with Xbox live on 360. Never forgive them for that :/

And all we got in return was the best online network and the best user support with a regular flow of new user interfaces and new features. Xbox consoles are unquestionably the best multiplayer consoles. Sony focuses more on single player and Microsoft focuses more on multiplayer. It has always been that way.

4 minutes ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

And all we got in return was the best online network and the best user support with a regular flow of new user interfaces and new features. Xbox consoles are unquestionably the best multiplayer consoles. Sony focuses more on single player and Microsoft focuses more on multiplayer. It has always been that way.

Tell that to all these players that have been waiting an extra week for the day 1 patch.

Not starting a console war BTW. I will never be pleased for any company charging me to play online when I'm already paying a phone company, isp, electric, buying the console and the game itself. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Tell that to all these players that have been waiting an extra week for the day 1 patch.

Not starting a console war BTW. I will never be pleased for any company charging me to play online when I'm already paying a phone company, isp, electric, buying the console and the game itself. 

The Xbox One has the Looking For Group ability. If you weren't able to play since launch on Xbox One, it was your own fault. As far as the patch is concerned, because of Microsoft's more stringent certification, the Xbox has avoided getting bad patches that the PlayStation got. Oh and in at least one instance, Microsoft has put Xbox Live moderators into multiplayer matches to catch people using widely-used exploits while Sony did not do that. This happened in Call of Duty: Black Ops, if I remember correctly. There was that rocket exploit people were taking advantage of.

Finally took a look and PS plus is waaaay cheaper than expected. I imagined $15-$40 every month. I can get a full year for $60! Definitely gonna make use of the trial first since I've never used it, but I'm definitely also going to cave and buy the full year.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2017 at 10:11 PM, Rok73 said:

Get both. I got an x scorpio and and a ps4 pro. Best of both worlds. Haven't got a pc though.