Sign in to follow this  

I want to talk about the combat. As of right now the combat really needs to be worked on. There are two combat stats in the game: luck and strength. Were going to go through those two later. There's also the combat stance. As a counselor you can dodge, block, or attack. As Jason you can block, attack, or grab. Where going to get to the combat stance later as well.

1)LUCK

Luck deals with a lot of things but in the context of combat it only affects stamina cost for dodging. The only thing that I would change for luck is the stamina cost gap for high luck counselors and low luck counselors. Stamina cost for low luck counselors should be higher than it is. Stamina cost for high luck counselors is pretty much perfect. Just need to make the gap wider.

2) STRENGTH

Strength deals with weapon damage and supposedly stamina cost for combat actions. However, attacking or blocking does not cost stamina for any counselor no matter how high or low their strength is. This needs to be changed. Attacking needs to drain stamina just like dodging and strength needs to affect stamina cost just like luck. Blocking needs to drain stamina as long as you're holding down the block button and strength needs to affect the speed in which your stamina drains. Just like with luck the gap between high-strength and low strength counselors needs to be pretty wide.

3) COMBAT STANCE

Now I'm going to talk about the combat stance as a whole and the combat animations. We're going to start with the counselors. As I've said above they have three animations: one for blocking, one for attacking, and one for dodging. The amount of frames that it takes to attack or dodge are too many and the recovery time is too long and you cannot block Jason's grab. Not only that but Jason can hit you and grab you while dodging. There are some things that can help with this. There shouldn't be any recovery time when going from attack to dodge and dodging should have invincibility frames. You should also be able to block Jason's grab. This in combination of stamina cost for blocking and attacking should make things balanced. Now onto Jason. The only thing I would change with Jason is to make his grab animation and recovery time longer.

As it stands right now counselors such as Kimberly and AJ are just as viable in combat as Brandon and Chad. These are all tweaks that can be implemented immediately and if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thank you

Disagree with some things and agree with others. I think a better solution is to decrease the time it takes to attack depending on your strength level so a level 10 strength character can swing a weapon much faster and recover from the missed attack much faster than a level 1 strength character. But yeah the how the strength and combat works in the game is not bad but it definitely needs work. I think that they should either make there be more pocket knives on the map that spawn or be able to block Jasons grab but you have to time it properly like how a parry would work.

20 minutes ago, Terminator52 said:

Disagree with some things and agree with others. I think a better solution is to decrease the time it takes to attack depending on your strength level so a level 10 strength character can swing a weapon much faster and recover from the missed attack much faster than a level 1 strength character. But yeah the how the strength and combat works in the game is not bad but it definitely needs work. I think that they should either make there be more pocket knives on the map that spawn or be able to block Jasons grab but you have to time it properly like how a parry would work.

I didn't think about increasing attack speed with strength stat. The simpler solutions are always the better ones. That in combination with blocking and attacking draining stamina and strength affecting stamina cost for attacking the blocking and also with being allowed to block Jason's grab. That alone would make combat 100 times better.

2 minutes ago, GooberxX09 said:

I didn't think about increasing attack speed with strength stat. The simpler solutions are always the better ones. That in combination with blocking and attacking draining stamina and strength affecting stamina cost for attacking the blocking and also with being allowed to block Jason's grab. That alone would make combat 100 times better.

Yeah I think those are good ideas also swinging weapons in the game feels clunky as it is like there are times that I am swinging a weapon and I miss when I shouldnt have missed but one thing is for certain something needs to be done about the combat especially during the times when Jason cannot be hurt such as when he in the middle of grabbing someone or in the middle of killing someone and you cannot stop him whatsoever as it is right now theres basically no point in using Jasons melee attack it is just grab instant kill.