wes

UPDATE #3 - Steam/PS4/XB1 Patch Information

15 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I know you guys are really busy. But it's about two days late for PS4 update and still no word on xbox.

Wonder if the patches are with Sony at least and just being processed. I doubt they sent it to Microsoft yet.

They said on twitter They only recently released steam patch and had nothing solid for consoles. They said PS4 patch was coming Wednesday and now we're two days on and  they have "nothing solid". Plus Xbox has yet to receive any attention from them. Whoever is making the initial projections on update releases needs to stop and rethink their life. I see their options as meteorologist, politician, or used car salesman.

I am now on my way to find the Zoltar machine for some real answers. 

• Like 4

Please update us !  I want to use my DLC !  I heard that they will be sending out new codes for DLC for PS4 So guess what..All those idiots that bought codes on Ebay are going to be screwed unless the seller decides to cooperate and give them the new codes. This will be a major clusterfuck for Ebay to deal with if the sellers don't provide their new codes to the people they sold to.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Please update us !  I want to use my DLC !  I heard that they will be sending out new codes for DLC for PS4 So guess what..All those idiots that bought codes on Ebay are going to be screwed unless the seller decides to cooperate and give them the new codes. This will be a major clusterfuck for Ebay to deal with if the sellers don't provide their new codes to the people they sold to.

Don't think eBayhas anything to worry about. If any it will be the sellers that have to worry about PS4 codes not working, not eBay.

34 minutes ago, Unknown_User said:

Don't think eBayhas anything to worry about. If any it will be the sellers that have to worry about PS4 codes not working, not eBay.

No what I was trying to say is that the seller or buyer could be out of luck with ebay when these codes don't work and starting a case resolution to try and get a refund wouldn't be fun. basically the seller could choose not to give the buyer the new code and the buyer would be out his money. Plus ebay has a strong stance on selling  digital content on their site as some of these auctions have already been removed.

51 minutes ago, Creighton_Duke said:

Hopin' my DLC codes finally work later tonight.

The Duke's date with Savini Jason is way overdue.

Props to the guy who signed up with a character name and delivered a fitting piece of dialogue! :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Splatterhouse said:

Props to the guy who signed up with a character name and delivered a fitting piece of dialogue! :)

...how did you get more likes than the man who said it? Hahaha. Time to throw a like his way.

Edit- Now you are even. 

• Like 1

A week on now and PS4 is still hardly playable and DLC still nonexistent. We probably won't get a patch until next week either. The thing that makes no sense is that this content is basically just reskins and textures and supposedly finished long ago. So how is it still awaiting Sony's approval? 

I don't really expect an explanation from Gun because any answer they give will be indirect and skirt the issue and then end off topic. I want answers I just don't expect them. 

• Like 2

From the last couple Tweets it seemed the PS4 patch was coming before the Xbox1.  Now back to coming soon.

On May 30, 2017 at 10:43 AM, wes said:

Tuesday, May 30th, 1:45 pm EST - PC/XB1/PS4 Patch Update

Hey Campers,

While working on the patch update yesterday and into the early morning, we found some areas that we could optimize to make a better experience for everyone, on all platforms. Here are the details.

What’s going on?

We have been identifying a lot of areas where we are sending various stats, metrics, and telemetry to our database through our game code. This was primarily for the beta to get good telemetry data on the game but we thought it would be good info to track to always make the game better while it was live. With the number of players we’ve had, we had to drastically trim down this data down. A lot of it had to be turned off on the game code side as some were intertwined with achievement progress so it wasn’t a shut it all down on the backend type scenario. We’ve been restructuring the code on the game client side. We made some good progress yesterday but we felt it wasn’t enough to warrant a current patch. Patching takes testing time once we have a patch candidate ready. It’s a long turnaround process and requires various team members and our partners to make sure we aren’t releasing a patch with new issues. We decided to hold it to get other critical fixes in.

When will we get the patch?

We are working on it hard now and will have a patch in testing later tonight. If everything passes our tests we are looking at the following patch schedule.

Steam: Late tonight / early tomorrow.
PS4: Tomorrow - Needs to go through platform testing
XB1: TBD - We are working with our platform account managers to see when the patch can go into testing. Each platform has different patching requirements. We also are working on the Matchmaking issues for XB1 which is taking a little extra time to get it into testing. That should be wrapped up over the next 24 hours. Sorry for the delay.

-W

So, is that PS4 patch coming or...?

I'm also confused why the Savini/Clothing codes don't work at all but do on XBox and Steam?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

So, is that PS4 patch coming or...?

I'm also confused why the Savini/Clothing codes don't work at all but do on XBox and Steam?

From what I can gather Sony has not approved the Savini/Clothing DLC. Supposedly, and that's a big supposedly, this patch may finally enable the Savini Jason Skin and Camp Consoler Clothes DLC, but take this with a grain of salt.

I'm waiting for the PS4 patch too.

"Quick play" has got worse. Now, it only works occasionally. Waiting often takes around 20 minutes - only to find myself in an empty lobby.

Plus, more and more people start trolling around, killing each other for no reason. Maybe because they are becoming frustrated as well.
It's time, the developers come up with an idea to stop this.

The last times I'd tried to enter the boat/a car, I couldn't get it started because the splash screen was layered on top of the actual gameplay screen
but closing it via "O Back" did not work. So, I've ended up as easy prey for Jason.

Another PS4 issue: the sound during the video sequences and in the credits (where it plays the Alice Cooper song) is somehow "stuttering".
During the actual game, everything is fine.

And the last thing: The radios in the game only play the same song. I haven't heard one of Crazy Lixx' tracks or the Mitch Murder one.

Don't be so impatient guys. There is a still problem with matchmaking and quick games on xbox one (after update). Another waiting ... for another update ...

1 hour ago, shockrock77 said:

I'm waiting for the PS4 patch too.

"Quick play" has got worse. Now, it only works occasionally. Waiting often takes around 20 minutes - only to find myself in an empty lobby.

Plus, more and more people start trolling around, killing each other for no reason. Maybe because they are becoming frustrated as well.
It's time, the developers come up with an idea to stop this.

The last times I'd tried to enter the boat/a car, I couldn't get it started because the splash screen was layered on top of the actual gameplay screen
but closing it via "O Back" did not work. So, I've ended up as easy prey for Jason.

Another PS4 issue: the sound during the video sequences and in the credits (where it plays the Alice Cooper song) is somehow "stuttering".
During the actual game, everything is fine.

And the last thing: The radios in the game only play the same song. I haven't heard one of Crazy Lixx' tracks or the Mitch Murder one.

Don't use quick play. Join a community and add some friends and you will never have a problem finding a match. I have never used quick play and have never had an issue except on release day. It works..Now go play.

4 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Don't use quick play. Join a community and add some friends and you will never have a problem finding a match. I have never used quick play and have never had an issue except on release day. It works..Now go play.

But that's not the way it's meant to work. It's something I had paid for. It's like buying a car but you can only use it in your hometown. ;)
And - why should I make myself dependent on others who can decide who's Jason and who is not plus they can pull the plug anytime they want to.

My usual gaming friends are not interested in F13 at all - they stick to their GTA 5 / Battlefront stuff. ;) 

Some people have already mentioned they think developers are making finding matches via "quick play" difficult on purpose to unload their servers.

I don't think that's the case but I can understand people getting frustrated.

Don't get me wrong: When the game works, it's fantastic and great fun but I do understand those negative voices. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shockrock77 said:

But that's not the way it's meant to work. It's something I had paid for. It's like buying a car but you can only use it in your hometown. ;)
And - why should I make myself dependent on others who can decide who's Jason and who is not plus they can pull the plug anytime they want to.

My usual gaming friends are not interested in F13 at all - they stick to their GTA 5 / Battlefront stuff. ;) 

Some people have already mentioned they think developers are making finding matches via "quick play" difficult on purpose to unload their servers.

I don't think that's the case but I can understand people getting frustrated.

Don't get me wrong: When the game works, it's fantastic and great fun but I do understand those negative voices. 

I don't think the devs would do that. But I was just suggesting a solution until quick play is fixed and working correctly.

On Xbox One the last 2 days barely any of the private matchs I get into are able to complete as hosts leave or game crashes I am losing an enormous amount of xp because of this and it's freaking BULLSHIT

Did the steam patch already happenmaybe the fixes for the steam password different than the ones they listed for Xbox?? My friend was playing and she said that she had an update but that all of the bugs she's been experiencing like getting stuck in windows were still occurring. Just wondering…maybe the fixes for the steam password different than the ones they listed for Xbox?

6 minutes ago, shockrock77 said:

Still no PS4 patch or DLC codes for Savini Jason, clothing pack, digital art book, ... :(

Let's wait and see when the Playstation Store updates.

Once Life Is Strange becomes free for PS Plus members, we might see a new update for Friday the 13th.

If not...it'll be a major bummer.