wes

UPDATE #3 - Steam/PS4/XB1 Patch Information

3 hours ago, TWarner said:

Translation to backers..You have to pay for it if you want it.  Wow I guess Sony wants their share of the profits as well. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Fuck it I guess I'll pay for it because I heard it's cool. Kind of a slap in the face to the backers though.  How about the issue of these fuckers that are making bank on selling their codes Wes ?  They should have put some more of their money into backing the game..Fuckin Idiots !  There is no way I would sell mine but that's just me.

I was going to buy it also. $2 is not that bad. I've wasted $2 on worse stuff.

1 hour ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Dickhead. Had to book a week off anyway. So this was as good a week as any as the game was coming out. And who even says "epic lolz"? Are you a 13yr old American girl or something? Fucktard.

nothing to do with being a dickhead just saying like it is. If you had to take off a weak ANYWAYS than your claim that you took the off to play the game is WRONG. you sayd

3 hours ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

So the week I booked off to play this was a complete waste of time. 

aka a False statement.

Taking time of work for online game releases is stupid. was always stupid and WILL..... ALWAYS.... BE STUPID.

its just the truth.

Case Closed.

5 hours ago, TWarner said:

Translation to backers..You have to pay for it if you want it.  Wow I guess Sony wants their share of the profits as well. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Fuck it I guess I'll pay for it because I heard it's cool. Kind of a slap in the face to the backers though.  How about the issue of these fuckers that are making bank on selling their codes Wes ?  They should have put some more of their money into backing the game..Fuckin Idiots !  There is no way I would sell mine but that's just me.

How much does it cost and where do I go to get it right now? Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, ConGamePro said:

How much does it cost and where do I go to get it right now? Thanks in advance.

I don't think it is too much but I haven't checked Today. You can get it at the playstation store on PSN or Xbox Marketplace I'm not sure if it's up there yet though I haven't been on yet today and my son is playing rainbow 6 so I probably won't get any matches in Today.

FYI the theme that was included in the bundle was free a few weeks back on PS4.  I actually downloaded it back then and have it currently on my console.  However, now, I cannot find it anywhere so I am wondering if it being free was a glitch or something and it has since been delisted.

3 minutes ago, SpraykwoN said:

FYI the theme that was included in the bundle was free a few weeks back on PS4.  I actually downloaded it back then and have it currently on my console.  However, now, I cannot find it anywhere so I am wondering if it being free was a glitch or something and it has since been delisted.

Yes..That was a mistake on Sony's part but many took advantage of it before it went down and I missed it when it happened.

9 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Yes..That was a mistake on Sony's part but many took advantage of it before it went down and I missed it when it happened.

While it may not be settling, all the theme consists of is Jason from the title screen of the game.  Same animation, same music.  Nothing too spectacular but cool nonetheless.  Probably not what you wanted to hear but you aren't missing out on much.

6 hours ago, IH8YH said:

nothing to do with being a dickhead just saying like it is. If you had to take off a weak ANYWAYS than your claim that you took the off to play the game is WRONG. you sayd

aka a False statement.

Taking time of work for online game releases is stupid. was always stupid and WILL..... ALWAYS.... BE STUPID.

its just the truth.

Case Closed.

Wrong. Oh it definitely has to be with you being a dickhead. Had to book off 1 of 3 weeks so chose this one as it coincided. 

Case Open.

Well it's not the "Expect Your XBox One Patch Later Today" news I was hoping to hear.

But again you're keeping gamers in the loop and up to date with what's being done and why.

Amazing experience when it works so thanks for woking hard to get it to work and hopefully it will be up and running fine on all platforms.

As for people who didn't get themes, Sony being funny about it etc... I'm sure this is something the Devs will be able to address once they sort out the minor issue of getting the game up and running on every platform?

Per the forum rules, we will not be insulting other members of the forum. Please be respectful to one another. Disagree if you must but keep the discussion civil. Thank you!

36 minutes ago, Kidchaos831 said:

Xbox one continues to get the shaft .

We're not any worse off than other platforms.

Our fix takes a day or so longer because Microsoft likes to be thorough?  I can live with that as long as it get's the proper fix it needs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azrael008uk said:

I can live with that as long as it get's the proper fix it needs.

I am annoyed about all the delays but I do agree that if it's a proper fix Ill be fine with waiting a little bit longer . To be completely honest tho they never should have sold a beta client .

44 minutes ago, Kidchaos831 said:

I am annoyed about all the delays but I do agree that if it's a proper fix Ill be fine with waiting a little bit longer . To be completely honest tho they never should have sold a beta client .

Lol if you believe they "sold" a Beta Client, you are misinformed.

I worked in the gaming industry for 7 years on many titles, and platforms are not always in-line with each other.  Menus differ, images within the game differ, among other things, and this is based on approvals from the product side.  It is a common occurrence and for people to say they were "Sold" a Beta Client is laughable.  The XB1 version is a bit broke just like ANY of the other versions.  Gun Media along with Illfonic has been very transparent and active in posting updates, and I think they are doing a damn good job at conveying info to both the Backers as well as everyone who purchased the game.  Patience is a virtue.

3 minutes ago, SpraykwoN said:

Lol if you believe they "sold" a Beta Client, you are misinformed.

I worked in the gaming industry for 7 years on many titles, and platforms are not always in-line with each other.  Menus differ, images within the game differ, among other things, and this is based on approvals from the product side.  It is a common occurrence and for people to say they were "Sold" a Beta Client is laughable.  The XB1 version is a bit broke just like ANY of the other versions.  Gun Media along with Illfonic has been very transparent and active in posting updates, and I think they are doing a damn good job at conveying info to both the Backers as well as everyone who purchased the game.  Patience is a virtue.

While me may not be playing a beta build, and they didn't sell us one, we are still playing the oldest version of the game on all platforms. While they have been more active now than anytime else this year I know they're working hard to get it rolled out.

Its a real shame we're all missing this patch. Its a hefty one that adds and fixes a lot of stuff. Which is a real shame we don't have it.

Still no patch on Steam? Trying to find patch notes to make sure the movement exploit has been removed but I don't see any

1 minute ago, Pothocket said:

Still no patch on Steam? Trying to find patch notes to make sure the movement exploit has been removed but I don't see any

Movement exploit?

Yes, the exploit that allows people to move at sprint speeds without stamina loss or making sound. It's a problem and the devs said they're fixing it, I just want confirmation if the fix is in this patch but it doesn't appear that the patch has gone live yet

Just now, Pothocket said:

Yes, the exploit that allows people to move at sprint speeds without stamina loss or making sound. It's a problem and the devs said they're fixing it, I just want confirmation the fix is in this patch yet or not but it doesn't appear that the patch has gone live yet

Huh I don't think i've come across this one. And its game breaking. Hopefully this gets resolved ASAP. Since you're on steam i'd imagine you'd get a patch today. Thats what the devs were shooting for at least.

Man I hope they get this fixed soon. Nothing worse than getting a game you really want to play and not being able to because of "server issues". I have a few friends who may buy the game but only based on what I say about it and right now I cant say squat beside "go watch a livestream video".  

We're still waiting on this for steam, correct?

Has this patch released on PS4 yet?  Also, my previous comment got ignored with the squabble about Backer Awards but will this patch address the DLC issue for the PS4. Namely the Tom Savini Jason Skin and Camp Counselor clothes.

• Like 1

I'm currently salty because I got the game for both ps4 and steam and got the savini outfit for both. I got the game and savini jason working for steam, but the code was not working "yet" for the ps4.

Now, the code "is invalid or may have expired", so I gotta get it resent. Guh...