wes

UPDATE #3 - Steam/PS4/XB1 Patch Information

Tuesday, May 30th, 1:45 pm EST - PC/XB1/PS4 Patch Update

Hey Campers,

While working on the patch update yesterday and into the early morning, we found some areas that we could optimize to make a better experience for everyone, on all platforms. Here are the details.

What’s going on?

We have been identifying a lot of areas where we are sending various stats, metrics, and telemetry to our database through our game code. This was primarily for the beta to get good telemetry data on the game but we thought it would be good info to track to always make the game better while it was live. With the number of players we’ve had, we had to drastically trim down this data down. A lot of it had to be turned off on the game code side as some were intertwined with achievement progress so it wasn’t a shut it all down on the backend type scenario. We’ve been restructuring the code on the game client side. We made some good progress yesterday but we felt it wasn’t enough to warrant a current patch. Patching takes testing time once we have a patch candidate ready. It’s a long turnaround process and requires various team members and our partners to make sure we aren’t releasing a patch with new issues. We decided to hold it to get other critical fixes in.

When will we get the patch?

We are working on it hard now and will have a patch in testing later tonight. If everything passes our tests we are looking at the following patch schedule.

Steam: Late tonight / early tomorrow.
PS4: Tomorrow - Needs to go through platform testing
XB1: TBD - We are working with our platform account managers to see when the patch can go into testing. Each platform has different patching requirements. We also are working on the Matchmaking issues for XB1 which is taking a little extra time to get it into testing. That should be wrapped up over the next 24 hours. Sorry for the delay.

-W

• Like 8

Hey Wes..Thanks for the update. Now how about talking to Sony to get the theme for original backers of the game for free. Some how we got screwed on that. Appreciate all the hard work from you guys..The fucken Game is AWESOME ! Oh and will this patch address the DLC Code Issue ?

16 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Hey Wes..Thanks for the update. Now how about talking to Sony to get the theme for original backers of the game for free. Some how we got screwed on that. Appreciate all the hard work from you guys..The fucken Game is AWESOME ! Oh and will this patch address the DLC Code Issue ?

Yes, this patch will fix the DLC issue. As for the theme, as I've mentioned before that's a Sony marketing thing. 

-W

2 minutes ago, wes said:

As for the theme, as I've mentioned before that's a Sony marketing thing. 

-W

We get that it is, we would just like clarification on if backers can get this for free eventually. With your response i assume its a no. I would just like a straight forward answer rather than beating around the bush.

7 minutes ago, wes said:

Yes, this patch will fix the DLC issue. As for the theme, as I've mentioned before that's a Sony marketing thing. 

-W

Translation to backers..You have to pay for it if you want it.  Wow I guess Sony wants their share of the profits as well. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Fuck it I guess I'll pay for it because I heard it's cool. Kind of a slap in the face to the backers though.  How about the issue of these fuckers that are making bank on selling their codes Wes ?  They should have put some more of their money into backing the game..Fuckin Idiots !  There is no way I would sell mine but that's just me.

2 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Kind of a slap in the face to the backers though.

Where have you been the past couple weeks? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Where have you been the past couple weeks? ;)

Meaning ?

Just now, TWarner said:

Meaning ?

The past couple weeks have been a slap in the face to backers.

• Early access for streamers (which i understood, but didn't like).
  • Streamers killing jason before games even out (which hasnt been addressed yet).
  • Now backers not being able to get a theme that normal purchases can get (thats free btw).
  • No "official" threads on the forum about release and potential issues which the BETA had. Resulting in a complete and total cluster fuck. Poor fucking JPops man. Massive respect to the guy.

And for more information check out the locked "discord" thread.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

• Streamers killing jason before games even out (which hasnt been addressed yet).
  • Now backers not being able to get a theme that normal purchases can get (thats free btw).
  • No "official" threads on the forum about release and potential issues which the BETA had. Resulting in a complete and total cluster fuck. Poor fucking JPops man. Massive respect to the guy.

I see your point.

So for the XB1, matchmaking patch within 24 hours then this optimisation patch to be decided for release after, right?

14 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

^^^^THIS^^^^

• Like 1

Question, so this patch, Update #3, for the PS4 will fix the issues for DLC and that includes the ability to download the Tom Savini Jason Skin and Counselors clothes?

30 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm really tired of the backers whining that they were somehow "slapped in the face". You got what rewards you were promised as a backer / investor. Nothing more, nothing less. To state otherwise shows you don't have a clue how investment in a business and running a business works. You aren't entitled to anything more than what was promised as terms of said investment. Period. This is an update thread. There are tons of threads to go cry in. Please do so and leave this thread for what it was meant for: updates.

That being said, thank you very much for the update Wes. Always nice to hear what you are working on and the road map as it is currently looking. Thank you all for all your hard work. Don't let a few loud and vocal people bring you down. You've done amazing things already with limited tools at your disposal. And I for one can't wait to see what the future has in store. Thank you so very much for making this dream a reality for many of us. You guys fucking rock!!!  

• Like 3

Oh Fuck ..There's a Lawyer in here !  I guess I should have read the fine print.

12 minutes ago, Smartz1 said:

I'm really tired of the backers whining that they were somehow "slapped in the face". You got what rewards you were promised as a backer / investor. Nothing more, nothing less. To state otherwise shows you don't have a clue how investment in a business and running a business works. You aren't entitled to anything more than what was promised as terms of said investment. Period. This is an update thread. There are tons of threads to go cry in. Please do so and leave this thread for what it was meant for: updates. 

You can keep looking through rose colored glasses. I'll call Gun out when they fuck up.

This isn't an "entitled" backer situation. Its sloppy and messy company decisions that not only upset the fan base, but even casuals who just follow the game.

Why the hell cant backers (who already bought the game) get a free theme too? its only bundled when you buy it on the PSN store. Well, we already bought the game. But i gotta buy the game on the PSN store to get the theme? Thats shit right there.

You think that having "JASON KILLED" spoilers litter the internet is a good thing? a day before launch? after they've been hyping that shit up from the beginning and said "play and find out". Well we never got a fuckin chance.

How about having designated places on the forum where people can voice their complaints about the game on launch. Specifically for each different platform. The beta had this. Why not launch? JPops and Ralph are the only moderators regularly here. On launch day there was so much shit posted they couldn't keep track of the duplicate threads or the trolls. It was just too much for them. Poor dudes have it hard enough with us around here.

I think you're just a little pissy that people aren't happy with Guns practices and business decisions. 

Your entire argument had nothing of value. Throwing words like "entitled" around is easy. But giving detailed explanations on why people are upset with certain decisions actually takes some thought and time.

• Like 1

So the week I booked off to play this was a complete waste of time. 

17 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

So the week I booked off to play this was a complete waste of time. 

I feel your pain. I took launch day off of work to play. I was eager.

I should've taken the hours.

sorry but EPIC LOLZ....

people taking time off of work to play MULTIPLAYER games on LAUNCHDAY / LAUNCHWEEK....... is the MOST retarted thing to do since the invention of online games.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, IH8YH said:

sorry but EPIC LOLZ....

people taking time off of work to play MULTIPLAYER games on LAUNCHDAY / LAUNCHWEEK....... is the MOST retarted thing to do since the invention of online games.

And thats why i took A day. I knew there was a possibility of that happening (actually called it in another thread) but hell i've been waiting about a year and a half. I did get in a few games (that didn't crash). Those were loads of fun. But not worth a whole day off work and staring at a menu.

Even without early streamers, guaranteed some clowns would've gotten in a fake lobby and killed Jason within 6 hours of release and then flooded Youtube with it before most of us even downloaded the game.

The early streamers actually had the effect of showing people how awesome this game is when it is working, something many people couldn't find out by themselves due to the well-known issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smartz1 said:

That being said, thank you very much for the update Wes. Always nice to hear what you are working on and the road map as it is currently looking. Thank you all for all your hard work. Don't let a few loud and vocal people bring you down. You've done amazing things already with limited tools at your disposal. And I for one can't wait to see what the future has in store. Thank you so very much for making this dream a reality for many of us. You guys fucking rock!!!  

I am a Day One backer and haven't complained but have still not seen the TPS-800AX Camp Counselor database that was part of many upper tiers.

Anyone have an idea when that will be patched in/go live?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Even without early streamers, guaranteed some clowns would've gotten in a fake lobby and killed Jason within 6 hours of release and then flooded Youtube with it before most of us even downloaded the game.

The early streamers actually had the effect of showing people how awesome this game is when it is working, something many people couldn't find out by themselves due to the well-known issues.

I understand the business decision behind it. And it's not a bad one. But streamers are not the new press

I repeat, streamers are not the new press.

Just now, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I am a Day One backer and haven't complained but have still not seen the TPS-800AX Camp Counselor database that was part of many upper tiers.

Anyone have an idea when that will be patched in/go live?

@wes @Randygbk should be a speedy answer.

they've been surprisingly more active today than the last couple months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smartz1 said:

Did Gun or Sony make the theme? I believe it was Gun, but maybe I'm wrong. So Gun saying Sony made the bundle means they would have to buy the themes off Gun and give them away. Is this what happened? If not then Gun is giving freebies to people who didn't support the game. That is the slap in the face. Kickstarter is basically people begging for money and in this case they got it and rather than show appreciation they try to get more money out of the backers while giving bonuses to players that probably didn't even hear about the game until a week ago. 

Backers who bought the game through Gun paid atleast $40 

PSN buyers pay $39.99 and get free theme

Backers if they want theme will pay an additional $2-$3 (saw the price stated somewhere on twitter I believe, not going to search for it. You have finger's I'm sure you can find it if you care to.) 

Between this and the way they talk about the backers (toxic) and neglect of their official website and spoilers, they are acting pretty shitty towards core fans, backers, and potential future business investors(although many probably won't invest in them again). 

So, do they owe it to the backers? It's debatable, but with all their screw ups of late and game and dlc being still broken 5 days after launch they probably shouldn't be trying to wring more money out of the backers. Also, the theme launched last month for free and was supposed to be out before launch according to Ronnie. So, now that it's out at launch for free to PSN orders but with a price tag starting next week, something seems a little off. 

48 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

sorry but EPIC LOLZ....

Dickhead. Had to book a week off anyway. So this was as good a week as any as the game was coming out. And who even says "epic lolz"? Are you a 13yr old American girl or something? Fucktard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IH8YH said:

sorry but EPIC LOLZ....

24 minutes ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Dickhead. Had to book a week off anyway. So this was as good a week as any as the game was coming out. And who even says "epic lolz"? Are you a 13yr old American girl or something? Fucktard.

I understand that tensions are high and we're all a little pissy about everything going on.

Lets just try to be civil gents. Before they call us "toxic" and leave again.