Sign in to follow this  

1 minute ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I'm an xbox player. But we can all agree to this:

f6f66ee665f7e711291a4d3ef312e6c4.gif

haha yeah I can agree with that :)

Just now, XFistsClenchedX said:

Nope. I don't like PC gaming. Besides, they end up using Xbox controllers on their PCs lol

That's true and I do prefer a controller. But if you really think consoles are super to pc you should get an it job. Or try building a pc. Then you'll realize just how lacking consoles are in hardware.

5 minutes ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

Nope. I don't like PC gaming. Besides, they end up using Xbox controllers on their PCs lol

An Xbox is basically a Microsoft PC in a box with high specs from the day of it's release no? I've been no under illusions that the Sony Playstation 3 I was playing a couple of years ago was a 2006 computer in a box. :) 

2 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

An Xbox is basically a Microsoft PC in a box with high specs from the day of it's release no? I've been no under illusions that the Sony Playstation 3 I was playing a couple of years ago was a 2006 computer in a box. :) 

Basically what it is. It's just an average computer with its own operating system connected to Sony or Microsoft via your network. Scorpio is gonna be the most powerful console to date but still falls behind gaming pc's

Basically consoles are gaming on a budget. Which I totally respect as I'm on a budget as well.

I've built multiple gaming pc"s for my job and they go upwards of 1.5 to 3 grand. But boy lemme tell you the difference between console and pc games is night and day.

I'm still gonna stick with consoles for a while. As I'm sure 10 years from now people will look at a gtx 1080 and ask "how the fuck could someone play with THOSE graphics"

The sad part is if you got 10 people together that would write similar reviews based on quality, content, fun, atmosphere, experience, etc IF they had a same experience, you would probably get 10 different reviews because it seemed that different folks all had different experiences with the game. 

I have been lucky, started playing at 12:30 am Friday morning and have had nearly no issues on steam. A couple dropped matches, only a couple weird glitches and tons of fun otherwise. Ive maybe lost a level or two from experience not registering properly, but still am level 23 on steam and 9 on PS4. 

Other folks didnt even get to play the game the first 2-3 days. Other people have had no xp registered for match after match. Other people cant get into a stable lobby. 

Its so odd that so many people have had different experiences, but I would imagine there would be a hell of a lot more positives if there were more experiences like mine.

Then again Ive been following the game for 2 years, and played the beta, understand the mechanics. Some people I was talking to yesterday dont even know about fear and noise blips...So of course their experience will be negative because they dont understand the context of the game and the situation they find themselves in.

Its a shame and in hindsight, the best course of action would have been a 'soft open' where only say...backers and media get to play 2 or 3 days early, then a lot of these things might have been worked out beforehand. I know the server issues are because there are so many people at once, but the little things might have been noticed and fixed earlier.

Whatever, Im rambling. I love the game, and I hope everything is fixed soon so that everyone can enjoy the game as much as I have. 

• Like 1

OK while the posts here have been mild I would just like to remind everyone not to start console wars. Everyone has their preference let's be respectful of each others preference. While I have not seen anything out of line I wanted to pop in before that took off where it doesn't need to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JPops said:

OK while the posts here have been mild I would just like to remind everyone not to start console wars. Everyone has their preference let's be respectful of each others preference. While I have not seen anything out of line I wanted to pop in before that took off where it doesn't need to go.

Would posting a link to the PC master race video be going to far? No bashing intended, just love the humor in the video. I'm omni-console and support anything that gives me a good time:)

I like a good joke just as well as anyone else believe me. it's when people start taking offense to the subject it becomes problematic. We do not want to start console wars or bait people to start one up. 

23 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

That's true and I do prefer a controller. But if you really think consoles are super to pc you should get an it job. Or try building a pc. Then you'll realize just how lacking consoles are in hardware.

Power isn't everything. The ecosystem is much more important to me and I have no interest in all of the problems and issues that go with PC gaming.

19 minutes ago, Splatterhouse said:

That's all any videogame console is. The PS3 was absolutely compared to PCs. The PS3 even allowed you to run Linux on it originally. If any videogame console was a PC, it was the PS3. One Sony executive, Phil Harrison, said that you didn't need the PC anymore because of the PS3.

7 minutes ago, JPops said:

I'll stop now

On 5/30/2017 at 1:10 PM, lHeartBreakerl said:

Okay. So i'm gonna address the elephant in the room.

Reviewers hate this game apparently. And i'm not gonna knock and talk down on them, but from the reviews i've read they seem to have no idea what they're talking about. Most are complaining about Jason being OP and how we should be able to kill him easier. Or how easy it is for Jason to kill you if he gets his hands on you.

And i mean thats kinda the point, right?

Chad face proved to be very damaging for reviews as well. Although i think people were a little too hard on it. I mean its a fucking face.

Plenty of bugs, glitches and server issues (server probably being the worst on reviews).

But are we and the reviewers even playing the same game? They seemed to have skipped over all the fun bits or intentionally only saw the bad. Sure you can nit pick like me. I'd like to see a lot of shit fixed, and it needs to be. But it seems they've never been in a good game.

Additional note: I don't know how people say its not scary. Every time Jason walks through a door or wall i shit my pants.

I don't know if this has been stated yet but the PC Gamer reviewer is still play testing it and writing his review, but initially he was having tons of fun.

So...yay? :D

In my eyes it was just good natured banter. But history has taught us storm clouds can gather quickly, so yeah I'm signing out of this. :)

Top British weatherman "Michael Fish" told everyone that there wouldn't be a hurricane in England in 1987, he was wrong

At least JPops has the foresight and is a better Weatherman than Sir Michael Fish in 2017! :)

Just now, ArlanKels said:

I don't know if this has been stated yet but the PC Gamer reviewer is still play testing it and writing his review, but initially he was having tons of fun.

At least there's something.

Whoever the hell is covering this game on kotaku needs to stop though. Doing a pissy poor job at it. She just made another article about killing jason.

At least she brought up how they've been hyping it since Kickstarter and how they've been telling us to play and find out.

Only to have streamers kill him day before launch.

7 minutes ago, ArlanKels said:

This game is a lot of fun initially, but the flaws begin to become a real problem once the novelty wears off. Maybe the day one patch will help with that. I have no idea what's in the patch.

3 hours ago, .Scooby said:

There really is no excuse for server issues. They knew how many people bought their game and that there was a huge following for it heading up to release date. Their servers couldn't even remotely handle the game's load.

As was stated by the Gun guys themselves...

They looked at PreOrders and Backers and Beta tests and then took all that information, added it together with what they expected to sell, and tripled it.  Then they flipped the on switch and got hammered by something like TEN TIMES what they expected in the first like six hours.  Of course they couldn't handle it! :D

^Gotta agree with that^

They were under immense pressure to get the game released within the "Early 2017" window...they could've waited another month for PS and XBox pre-orders but there was ridiculous pressure on them to release inside that window. They delayed the game in October 2006 to add single player for the better of the game, and the pitchforks were out. After people had already had their pitchforks out for the game for not having single player. They had to make an insanely difficult business decision. They decided to release it without a month's run of pre-order console sales to appease those that had backed between Fall 2015-Spring 2017 and to appease the hord that were clambering for the game. 

They meant well... their intentions were all good. For themselves. keeping backers, hordes of social media dwellers/buyers...and that unknown quantity which is the release day buyer (without an idea of pre-order sales) all happy, is a very difficult task. Things didn't work the way they expected it.

Been here since 2015 - had my ups and downs on this forum....but know that's the truth. Time to give them a break. 

2 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

For sure. Japanese tech always beat Microsuck tech, always. The Scorpio is a desperate attempt to re-stake their claim in a market they're getting their asses kicked in. Even the name sounds a James Bond villain knock-off from a well known animated TV series. Microsuck have remembered what happened to Sega as a forefront console platform. 

Indeed, I mean the Scorpio does looks good but without any exclusive games to go with it there is just no point in spending that much on it. They need exclusive games plain and simple to have any chance of catching back up with sony. 

Just now, Geometrek said:

Indeed, I mean the Scorpio does looks good but without any exclusive games to go with it there is just no point in spending that much on it. They need exclusive games plain and simple to have any chance of catching back up with sony. 

I don't like exclusive games. I'd prefer games to be released on every platform if possible that way gamers don't miss out on amazing opportunities.

I can't play horizon zero dawn but I'd absolutely love to. Same for pc exclusives.

3 hours ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

No, PlayStation 4 Pro competes with Scorpio. They're not making another one. It won't be the first time the PlayStation console was weaker than an Xbox. If you don't believe me, ask other people and they will all tell you the same thing. The next console Sony makes will be the PS5.

No it doesn't :lol: Ps4 Pro and Xbox one S are mid cycle consoles, they are competing with each other. We are not going to agree so we might as well end this conversation here, like i said I own both and this is not about console wars.

9 minutes ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

I don't like exclusive games. I'd prefer games to be released on every platform if possible that way gamers don't miss out on amazing opportunities.

I can't play horizon zero dawn but I'd absolutely love to. Same for pc exclusives.

True, I understand where you are coming from but then there would be no point then for these companies to keep releasing new consoles if all games were multi platform. They need to differentiate themselves from each other which comes from exclusives games. 

But in saying that I would love it if I could play Nintendo games on my Xbox or Ps4, I mean I bought a switch just to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the new Zelda. 

Just now, Geometrek said:

True, I understand where you are coming from but then there would be no point then for these companies to keep releasing new consoles if all games were multi platform. They need to differentiate themselves from each other which comes from exclusives games. 

But in saying that I would love it if I could play Nintendo games on my Xbox or Ps4, I mean I bought a switch just to play Mario Kart 8 and the Zelda. 

Yeah exactly. Maybe in a more perfect world this exists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geometrek said:

No it doesn't :lol: Ps4 Pro and Xbox one S are mid cycle consoles, they are competing with each other. We are not going to agree so we might as well end this conversation here, like i said I own both and this is not about console wars.

The PS4 Pro does not compete with the Xbox One S. The Xbox One S is essentially a slimmer Xbox with the ability to play UHD Blu-ray movies and utilize HDR.  The power is almost exactly the same. It wasn't designed for 4K gaming. The Xbox One S competes with the PS4 Slim. They're both essentially just slim versions of the original console designs.

By contrast, the PS4 Pro is almost 3x as powerful as the regular PS4. It has 4.2 teraflops of power compared with the PS4's 1.8 teraflops. It is designed for 4K gaming. Xbox Scorpio competes with the PS4 Pro. It is designed for 4K gaming and has 6 teraflops of power.

PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio are direct competitors.

5 minutes ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

The PS4 Pro does not compete with the Xbox One S. The Xbox One S is essentially a slimmer Xbox with the ability to play UHD Blu-ray movies and utilize HDR.  The power is almost exactly the same. It wasn't designed for 4K gaming. The Xbox One S competes with the PS4 Slim. They're both essentially just slim versions of the original console designs.

By contrast, the PS4 Pro is almost 3x as powerful as the regular PS4. It has 4.2 teraflops of power compared with the PS4's 1.8 teraflops. It is designed for 4K gaming. Xbox Scorpio competes with the PS4 Pro. It is designed for 4K gaming and has 6 teraflops of power.

PS4 Pro and Xbox Scorpio are direct competitors.

I don't care anymore, like I said end of conversation. This thread is about no so hot reviews, lets get it back on track.

5 minutes ago, Geometrek said:

I don't care anymore, like I said end of conversation. This thread is about no so hot reviews, lets get it back on track.

How about kotaku though?

Banter "Console wars" were yesterday folks!   

Mainstream reviews were always going to be heavy-handed and unfair. For every negative review I've seen....I've seen another review from people/horror sites that love the genre that are having the time of their lives playing it.

Get back on topic! :lol: