Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Pamela Voorhees said:

Stealth and fear mechanics aren't broken, but I agree that they're confusing. Stealth is tied to the sound you make, the blips on the radar. High stealth characters make fewer and smaller blips than low stealth characters. Easy enough to understand. But composure (fear) is more confusing. It's tied to Jason's ability to sense you (see you in red on the map, in a house, etc.). Being in darkness raises your fear. Seeing dead bodies raises your fear. Seeing Jason raises your fear. Staying in well lit areas where generators are on lowers it. Avoiding dead bodies and Jason keeps it lowered. But it's not really shown to the player very well HOW scared they are. The stamina bar changes to slightly purplish the more scared you get, and eventually the HUD will disappear when you're terrified, but it's hard to gauge your fear inbetween.

The game needs a better tutorial to teach people these mechanics. Thankfully Kodiak posted a nice tip guide on these forums which should help some people, but that kind of comprehensive tutorial needs to be presented INGAME rather than on a website.

Yes it really needs a better tutorial, because noone knows how this works^^

If it is not broken, why i can sense counselors without fear in my testing rounds, it is so hard to understand this ability and the mechanics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, TWarner said:

Dude ..Shit happens !  They didn't release it broken. Their Servers got overloaded. This happens to games on day one and anyone that assumed everything was going to work perfectly from day one is fooling themselves. The game is so fucken popular that they didn't anticipate that over 75,000 users would be logging on at once. Please don't trash the devs newbie. They have been working non stop to get the issues corrected.  This isn't EA or Ubisoft .  It's Gun Media and it's a kick ass game !

Newbie?

You're kidding yourself if you think they didn't know these issues would be a thing when they released it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SmokeMassTree said:

Newbie?

You're kidding yourself if you think they didn't know these issues would be a thing when they released it. 

Oh we all knew it was gonna happen. Check out the thread "what could go wrong"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arakos said:

Yes it really needs a better tutorial, because noone knows how this works^^

If it is not broken, why i can sense counselors without fear in my testing rounds, it is so hard to understand this ability and the mechanics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SolidusPrime said:

 

Thank you again, but the things just dont work like that :(

(and yes im complain much about this one, because it is so important in the game^^....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Arakos said:

Thank you again, but the things just dont work like that :(

(and yes im complain much about this one, because it is so important in the game^^....)

"Short answers - Yes, High fear, Depends on the game progress and Yes.

Jason can Sense someone when they're making a lot of noise, experiencing high fear or both.

If someone's in a building and they're good at keeping quiet and not too scared, then the building won't light up red when Jason uses Sense.
There could be lots of players in the same building even and it won't turn red, so long as they're all quiet and calm.

If a person or even a single person in a group is making a lot of noise and/or is scared, then the building will light up. AJ and Deborah carefully searching a building won't appreciate it if Buggzy comes charging in running around!

The range of Jason's Sense ability depends on game progress. At the start of a game the range isn't so big. He gets more powerful as time goes on and it eventually extends out to cover the whole map.

As for counselor perks, I believe you're right. It'll be a % chance to not be detected when Jason has his Sense active.

Hope this helps and someone corrects me if I'm wrong."

In my experiences so far, it's worked exactly like that. Do you have any clips or videos or anything of you experiencing something to the contrary? Maybe we can figure out what you are running into, or disprove the above statement.

A definitive guide would be awesome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IH8YH said:

luckily i dont give a flying fuck about reviews

So true, it's almost like it's a bad thing to like a game and not care what reviewers say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since i’m in a good mood, i would give 7 out of 10 for now considering how much fun i had (and i’m still having).

True to be told, the two thing that really shocked me was the server issue, obviously, and the current big lack of content.

Then maybe i had a hard time as a counsellor and of course a good Jason player would kill me right at the beginning of the game but hey, i didn’t exactly knew my role and how i should play my counsellor and of course, i had yet to know my teammate in a private match and how to coordinate our effort as a team because…

… well like i said before, i did face a well coordinate team as Jason before and it’s not as easy as it look to kill all of them.

And yeah, some other things aren’t too obvious like the fear mechanic, maybe some lack of fluidity in the gameplay but nothing look broken BEYOND repair the way i see it.

Give it a couple of patching, some good quality additional content and this game is an easy 8,5 out of 10 for me… if not a 9 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friday the 13th has never had good reviews. This is not surprising. I'm with @Ralph Wiggum777 with my score. 

Someone mentioned that with patches over the next few months, it should be a lot better. The game needs more content in a few months, not just fixes. Yes, single player will eventually be added, but they are going to have to show multiplayer some more love by the time that is implemented to keep gameplay fresh since after level 31, you are grinding for outfits that may or may not be worth it, depending on each individual's taste.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lHeartBreakerl said:

Okay. So i'm gonna address the elephant in the room.

Reviewers hate this game apparently. And i'm not gonna knock and talk down on them, but from the reviews i've read they seem to have no idea what they're talking about. Most are complaining about Jason being OP and how we should be able to kill him easier. Or how easy it is for Jason to kill you if he gets his hands on you.

And i mean thats kinda the point, right?

Chad face proved to be very damaging for reviews as well. Although i think people were a little too hard on it. I mean its a fucking face.

Plenty of bugs, glitches and server issues (server probably being the worst on reviews).

But are we and the reviewers even playing the same game? They seemed to have skipped over all the fun bits or intentionally only saw the bad. Sure you can nit pick like me. I'd like to see a lot of shit fixed, and it needs to be. But it seems they've never been in a good game.

Additional note: I don't know how people say its not scary. Every time Jason walks through a door or wall i shit my pants.

 

Thank you.

I don't think people realize this isn't supposed to be a fair fight. Jason should be executing every counselor in the session three-quarters of the time if you've played enough to know what you're doing. Escaping via vehicles or police should be more difficult.

If anything Jason is under powered. I feel that pocket knives shouldn't have a 100 percent success rate. Even if they fail 25 percent of the time it still makes you hesitant to stand and let him grab you because you're not sure you can get out of it. He should also be able to perform group kills when near 2 to 3 counselors at once. It shouldn't be automatic but an ability to be charged and used once or twice a session. Being able to kill Jason should be EXTREMELY rare. Which it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I could review the game properly since I haven't logged in for 5 days straight. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game will probably have a cult following, no different than its NES counterpart. Same thing happened with Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

If the devs continue to support the game, that will offset the negative reviews I feel.

The game has issues, but what game doesn't have issues on launch in the modern era? I'd give it a solid 6/10, but of course im addicted and I see a lot more ahead in the future for the game.

Now...a year from now, if we are all (mostly) still here talking about Friday the 13th Part 2: The Game....I'll call them a cash grab company and im not sure I'll stick with this game anymore.

Stick to this game, support it, add DLC to it, etc. Don't go sequel a year from now. It would be a HUGE mistake and a catering to the casual gaming crowd, which is part of the problem with gaming today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Now...a year from now, if we are all (mostly) still here talking about Friday the 13th Part 2: The Game....I'll call them a cash grab company and im not sure I'll stick with this game anymore.

I wouldn't see the point anyway... there is not that much content in the friday universe to justify a sequel. Like you say, they just need to give a strong support to this current game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hudonj said:

I wouldn't see the point anyway... there is not that much content in the friday universe to justify a sequel. Like you say, they just need to give a strong support to this current game. 

Agreed.

Thankfully the devs did say they are fully focused on this game. Just keep the dlc coming, make all the maps free, and we'll be happy. The only dlc i will pay for is new Jasons and maybe new clothes if they're cheap enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Called it. And the critics are playing the same game as you. But they're judging it as a game, and not as a niche product they've been patiently waiting for for years. It's cool that you and I love the game, but being surprised that it got critically panned is odd. The game never looked that great if we're distancing ourselves. Hell, how often do people on this forum bring up the "Gun are a small team, so what they accomplished is amazing" excuse? Do you think a critic's gonna take a look at the size of Gun and go "Oh I see! They're a small team. Let me just change my opinion on the game."?

 

Glitches, crashes, clipping, Janky ass animations, it's not scary ( It's not. It  might be thrilling, but nobody's losing any sleep over it. ) it's clunky to play, and it looks ugly. As far as Jason being OP? Well, not everyone's a fan of the F13 movie series. They want to play a fun game. While we may love that Jason is OP as fuck, that's not necessarily what the average person thinks. Seriously, this community has gotten far too used to licking this game's feet. I saw people unironically speculating that this game was going to get a 90% on Metacritic! Absurd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Arrogant Man said:

Called it. And the critics are playing the same game as you. But they're judging it as a game, and not as a niche product they've been patiently waiting for for years. It's cool that you and I love the game, but being surprised that it got critically panned is odd. The game never looked that great if we're distancing ourselves. Hell, how often do people on this forum bring up the "Gun are a small team, so what they accomplished is amazing" excuse? Do you think a critic's gonna take a look at the size of Gun and go "Oh I see! They're a small team. Let me just change my opinion on the game."?

 

Glitches, crashes, clipping, Janky ass animations, it's not scary ( It's not. It  might be thrilling, but nobody's losing any sleep over it. ) it's clunky to play, and it looks ugly. As far as Jason being OP? Well, not everyone's a fan of the F13 movie series. They want to play a fun game. While we may love that Jason is OP as fuck, that's not necessarily what the average person thinks. Seriously, this community has gotten far too used to licking this game's feet. I saw people unironically speculating that this game was going to get a 90% on Metacritic! Absurd.

I see your points and they're good ones. I agree with all you've said.

And thrilling is a better word to use than scary.

We can both agree that I haven't been licking the games feet. ;) But 90 isn't just absurd, its impossible. At least at this point.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Now...a year from now, if we are all (mostly) still here talking about Friday the 13th Part 2: The Game....I'll call them a cash grab company and im not sure I'll stick with this game anymore.

Stick to this game, support it, add DLC to it, etc. Don't go sequel a year from now. It would be a HUGE mistake and a catering to the casual gaming crowd, which is part of the problem with gaming today.

Not all sequels are cash grabs. All software is iterative. You build something, sell it, use the profits to build the next iteration on the foundation of the previous and continue from there. Doesn't matter if it's anti-virus, operating system, or video game software, it's the basic structure of software development business model. (admittedly, this has changed somewhat to a more agile, subscription-based system for some software) Financially very few games can create a consistent revenue stream for a year or longer. Usually those games have the words Grand Theft, or Blizzard on the case somewhere. Cash grabs are the ones that immediately stop supporting the old software the moment their next software is nearing launch or release another version as quickly as possible with minimal improvements in order to keep a constant revenue stream going. (call of duty and assassins creed for instance). 

With over 75,000 copies already sold for this game, they're probably coming close to earning back their production budget for making this game. As sales continue to come in, the potential budget these guys will have for a sequel could make the next game unbelievably good. It doesn't have to be next year, but imagine if these guys started working on a sequel for PS5 and the next X-Box two years from now. None of us would have it till at least four years from now in that instance, which the vast majority of people here will have moved on to other games by then. The graphical improvements alone for a "next gen" sequel would be worth the price of entry, not to mention the extra things their expanded budget can allow them to do that wouldn't be possible through patching this game. And most importantly, they can support this game for 2-3 years while beginning work on a full-fledged sequel. Many game companies have done it before. It doesn't have to be one or the other. I know it's an unpopular opinion but a sequel can actually be a good thing cause that means there's a demand and interest in seeing the product evolve and improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad reviews are mostly fair (the ones I've read, anyway).  Few are complaining too much about the core gameplay itself.  It needs a little polish and a MUCH better tutorial or explanation.  Technically, the game has issues.  The server/ database situation on release (and it's not all fixed yet, just better) was a disgrace.  Games know how to release much cleaner now.  Beyond that, the graphics and animations are subpar for 2017.  The voice work is horrendous and pathetically limited. The public game community (limited experience here), I've seen is toxic on a level beyond what I've seen in any other game.

 

That being said, I am having a blast playing for HOURS in private rooms (with a few people in this thread).  I expect I will be enjoying this game for at least 300+ hours of game time...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not like it was overly panned either. There is some good review too and even most of the bad one agree that the fun is here.

Mark my word, this game will be better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Not all sequels are cash grabs. All software is iterative. You build something, sell it, use the profits to build the next iteration on the foundation of the previous and continue from there. Doesn't matter if it's anti-virus, operating system, or video game software, it's the basic structure of software development business model. (admittedly, this has changed somewhat to a more agile, subscription-based system for some software) Financially very few games can create a consistent revenue stream for a year or longer. Usually those games have the words Grand Theft, or Blizzard on the case somewhere. Cash grabs are the ones that immediately stop supporting the old software the moment their next software is nearing launch or release another version as quickly as possible with minimal improvements in order to keep a constant revenue stream going. (call of duty and assassins creed for instance). 

With over 75,000 copies already sold for this game, they're probably coming close to earning back their production budget for making this game. As sales continue to come in, the potential budget these guys will have for a sequel could make the next game unbelievably good. It doesn't have to be next year, but imagine if these guys started working on a sequel for PS5 and the next X-Box two years from now. None of us would have it till at least four years from now in that instance, which the vast majority of people here will have moved on to other games by then. The graphical improvements alone for a "next gen" sequel would be worth the price of entry, not to mention the extra things their expanded budget can allow them to do that wouldn't be possible through patching this game. And most importantly, they can support this game for 2-3 years while beginning work on a full-fledged sequel. Many game companies have done it before. It doesn't have to be one or the other. I know it's an unpopular opinion but a sequel can actually be a good thing cause that means there's a demand and interest in seeing the product evolve and improve. 

I read an article that there won't be a new playstation. I can't recall the specifics but it boils down to having to constantly reinvest all of their money into a new system and risk everything on its success as opposed to making the system they have better and allowing more development with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Caliph said:

I read an article that there won't be a new playstation. I can't recall the specifics but it boils down to having to constantly reinvest all of their money into a new system and risk everything on its success.

They just made a new, upgraded one last year... There's also no expandability with current PS4 models which means eventually they're going to need a new model with more GPU power so they can truly support the growing market for 4k gaming, VR, and all the other avenues that gaming is into now. I'm sure that they really did make that comment, it's not realistic though and was probably just PR speak to convince consumers that they're PS4 will theoretically last them forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

They just made a new, upgraded one last year... There's also no expandability with current PS4 models which means eventually they're going to need a new model with more GPU power so they can truly support the growing market for 4k gaming, VR, and all the other avenues that gaming is into now. I'm sure that they really did make that comment, it's not realistic though and was probably just PR speak to convince consumers that they're PS4 will theoretically last them forever. 

You're very likely correct. I don't keep up with it. I was just throwing that in the mix for conversation. I thought it odd myself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to see them giving a good review to a game that they basically have trouble even logging into you for the longest time. Yes, most of you to say that once you play the game it's quite good, but there are clearly issues.

 

It's a multiplayer on the game, and you can't connect to matches. There are clearly collision detection issues. There is absolutely no tutorial that lets you play and helps honing  your skills. The facial expressions to helpmtell fear level  are laughable at best.

 

most of them do you say that when you actually get a game and it's very good. However as reviewers They can't overlook the rest of it.

 

for me, the technical issues don't matter as much as the end product. However, if I was reviewing the game for a website I would need to be far more objective  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, anyone who says this game isn't fun or is bad is simply a Debbie Downer.

There are a few ways to address or at least explain what they are saying though;

- the goal seems to be to escape. That's obvious.  The problem is that goal is very difficult to achieve.  The goal is binary; you either escape or you don't.  That can be frustrsting.  Instead the goal should be to get as close to escaping as possible, not just escape in general.  I'm not sure how you can get someone to see that but it just makes sense to change the additude toward escaping from a binary win/lose to a "how close can I get to escaping"?  This is somewhat reflected in XP but it's not the additude toward the game.

- From what I have seen, dying early is a big problem, because spawns are predictable.  This game shouldn't have people dying early, because that's not fun for anyone, nor is it fun to sit and watch a match play out just so you can get XP.

All in all, the game has major flaws.  No doubt, I didn't expect a perfect game at launch by any means at all.  Nor do I think anyone should have such an expectation.  At the same time, the core is very solid.  It just needs a lotta love.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...