Sign in to follow this  
jasonlore

To all of the experienced players...

... Is the game more fun, or less fun, since launch (as opposed to beta testing)?

After seeing the more experienced Jasons in action, I imagine it must be a shitload of fun expertly dispatching newbies. 

(I'm one of the newbies, mind you. I was just curious.)

I have been enjoying it immensely. But I am definitely a newbie, and the learning curve on this game is steep.

Still, awesome game.

6 minutes ago, jasonlore said:

I have been enjoying it immensely. But I am definitely a newbie, and the learning curve on this game is steep.

Still, awesome game.

Yeah its a massive one.

just try to pick a counselor and Jason that suits your play style. I main as AJ since Jason can barely detect her with everyone elses loud ass boots running around.

We've only been playing the game since Friday so in a way we are all still "newbies". If you are playing as of today Im sure your going to be a experienced player when another wave of victims show up. 

if compared to the beta, it's a ton more fun. All the little balancing decisions they've done like adding throwable weapons for Jason and the reconfigured stealth and speed aspects makes the game so much more fun. I still feel like the game is too favorable to AJ and Vanessa, but at least the others actually have some benefits if used in a good squad. Now that I've gotten a handle on the throwing knives, Vanessa isn't nearly the hassle she used to be in the beta. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I mostly main Debbie, but am starting to branch out. I do part 2 Jason at the moment. I'm a pretty weak Jason and am terrible using the knives. I can't use the ones that don't run at all. Vanessa's seem to die in droves. The Jock seems to give Jason the most fits from what I've seen. Can't remember his name unfortunately. My buddy mains him. 

• Like 1

I've enjoyed myself.

And thankfully (least that I've played). Vanessa spam isn't nearly as bad as it was in the beta. I see a lot more Debs, Tiffs and Bugsys. The ones that get neglected I feel sadly are Kenny, Jenny, Chad, Eric and Adam.

Basically I feel its been two groups

Most played

AJ, Vanessa, Bugsy, Deb and Tiff

Least played

Chad, Kenny, Jenny, Eric and Adam

Perks do help with your favorite counselors though.

I do think more evolutionary balance will be needed down the line, as players get better and better perks. Broken Windows and Knives for instance when they hit counselors, should probably make them limp instantly, especially when people really start grabbing hold of all the health/first aid perks.

I heard Larry Zerner played Higgins Haven and he felt like he was back on set in the movie. Not sure if that was his twitter or whatnot.

Oh yeah.

Right here.