Hi all, just had a public match where i encountered a hacker who flew around in the map and was able to pick up a machete. Everyone else were dead, leaving Jason and this counselor as we had to wait for the match to end

20170530222247_1.jpg

3 hours ago, LawDog said:

I think this is a glitch not a hack.

It's a glitch until the player has it happen, doesn't report it, and starts using it intentionally. Then it becomes an exploit. Had a player use it in a thread I posted a couple days ago and he just sat up there taunting Jason until Jason could find enough knives to kill him. Wasted 10+ minutes of everyone's time. When it was pointed out that he was cheating his response was so? what are you gonna do about it. So I reported him. 

It's just like the stamina bug. It is a glitch. When you start using it intentionally knowing it is breaking game mechanics then it goes beyond that. I know how to trigger the stamina bug, but would never do so because: 1. It's wrong and clearly un-intended 2. It wastes other players time 3. It is obnoxious troll behavior 4. Winning by cheating is not really winning. 

And really, arguing over the semantics is silly. All exploits and hacks begin their life as glitches. Just depends on whether they are repeatable and then used intentionally.     

4 minutes ago, Smartz1 said:

It's a glitch until the player has it happen, doesn't report it, and starts using it intentionally. Then it becomes an exploit. Had a player use it in a thread I posted a couple days ago and he just sat up there taunting Jason until Jason could find enough knives to kill him. Wasted 10+ minutes of everyone's time. When it was pointed out that he was cheating his response was so? what are you gonna do about it. So I reported him. 

It's just like the stamina bug. It is a glitch. When you start using it intentionally knowing it is breaking game mechanics then it goes beyond that. I know how to trigger the stamina bug, but would never do so because: 1. It's wrong and clearly un-intended 2. It wastes other players time 3. It is obnoxious troll behavior 4. Winning by cheating is not really winning. 

And really, arguing over the semantics is silly. All exploits and hacks begin their life as glitches. Just depends on whether they are repeatable and then used intentionally.     

Oh i didn't know people could use it intentionally. I have seen it twice and both were on accident and it sucked for the players it happened to.When I hear hack, i think there is some 3rd party code interfering with the dev's code. Like an Aim bot or wall hack. I just wanted to point out that it's not always the player's fault when that happens. If you do glitch the game to gain an advantage that is just as bad as hacking for sure!

11 hours ago, LawDog said:

Oh i didn't know people could use it intentionally. I have seen it twice and both were on accident and it sucked for the players it happened to.When I hear hack, i think there is some 3rd party code interfering with the dev's code. Like an Aim bot or wall hack. I just wanted to point out that it's not always the player's fault when that happens. If you do glitch the game to gain an advantage that is just as bad as hacking for sure!

Yeah had a group tell me they were reporting me for it happening to me, I have no idea what I did was in a tent hiding the cops arrived left and started running and instead of going forward I went up.

This happened to me as well, coming out of a cupboard. Opening a door to leave the cabin grounded me again.