tyrant666

Has Your Opinion Changed In Terms Of Part 7 Jason?

Just curious.

I've only played with him a couple times since launch. Some felt he was fine. Others felt something was lacking.

I haven't yet played with Part 8 or 9. I will begin playing Part 8 today. Part 9 I haven't unlocked yet.

As of now, he still feels like probably the weakest Jason of the game, even up against the human Jasons and his other undead counterparts, which is a shame given how cool he looks. The whole water speed as a strength, same for Part 8 is actually not that much of a trade off I find. As I feel all the Jasons are faster than all the counselors in the boat on water. The water speed with Part 7 is noticeably faster sure, but I also don't feel any of the other Jasons have trouble with boat escapes, provided they know they're happening. Its the one arena where Jason is noticeably faster at all times than counselor, which is good because he needed at least one arena with that advantage.

The other problem is the boat escape is only 50/50. Most of the time, you have the two cars which negates the need for water play.

Anyway, I've seen other players wipe counselors rather easily with Part 7 and I've seen others let almost all the counselors go unscathed, no kills whatsoever, cops called, cars fixed, etc. I suppose as always, the answer depends on who is playing Jason and who is playing counselor and their skill levels.

So what are your thoughts. If you didn't like him before, do you still not like him? Do you like him now instead?

My only real thought to changing him is when they begin work on their next DLC. They bring back Kane Hodder for some mocap work, likely to be done anyway if they add 4, Roy or Pamela and have him mocap a weed eater. He would be the only Jason in the game with a motorized weapon. The trade off would be he couldn't use it in shift and it would create a lot of noise.

HOWEVER.

When he fast walks after counselors with it. It creates a lot more FEAR and tripping AND...its the only melee weapon with an animated instant kill. He would push down the counselor and use it on them the way he did Dr. Crews in the film. No bullshit stuns, no gimmicks, if he's in arms length, its an instant weed eater death. I know that all sounds like a lot of work. Only a suggestion though.

He can also turn off the weed eater to stop the noise obviously, but he wouldn't be able to use it outta shift. Only grabs.

I liked Part 7 Jason (visually, he is my favorite), but he is ridiculously slow, which keeps him from being my go-to. Yes, he has great water speed, but it has not been very often that that has been needed.

At the moment, I prefer Jason 3, because of his speed, and Jason 6, because the spear is awesome.

• Like 1

I didn't like him at first because I thought he was slow but after I got killed a few times by him I realized I was wrong about him.  Part 2 is my favorite. 

Each Jason requires a different play style.  J7 can just hammer down doors pretty quick, and requires a ton of forethought, predicting counselor movement.  He's a beast in the right hands.  While he is by no means my favorite Jason to play, he is just as an efficient killer as the rest.  I really would love to see him with that weed wacker tho... 

J2 & J8 are my favorites so far!

• Like 2

I've only played part 7 against a group of 4 rookies. I killed them all but had some difficulty. I'm with you guys in thinking Jason having good water speed is too situational. 

I think part 7 will stay a meta pick as long as A.J., Tiffany and Deborah are top picks. His sense is one of the strongest in the game.

• Like 1

As of now, Part 6 is my favorite although I'm looking forward to getting Part 2 unlocked in the next day or two. The part 6 spear has awesome range and starting with 3 knives is such an advantage for a good stalker Jason. If you can get counselors fear level to increase early in the match, the part 6 Jason can dominate really well with his shift ability recharging every 15 seconds or so. I do love the weapon kills of Part 7 the most though. 

I would also say if they do add swappable weapons for the Jasons in future updates/dlc. The machete can always still be another weapon of choice for Part 7 or the others.

I think every map should have a 4 door car and a boat to make it even for the jasons that don't run. Cuz when ur on a map without a boat, there ain't no point in using a Jason with water speed. But u dnt know if the stage has a boat cuz the map is random. So just make each stage have each.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Slim15 said:

I think every map should have a 4 door car and a boat to make it even for the jasons that don't run. Cuz when ur on a map without a boat, there ain't no point in using a Jason with water speed. But u dnt know if the stage has a boat cuz the map is random. So just make each stage have each.

I was thinking this same thing earlier today that each map should be a 4-seat car and a 2-seat boat. We don't need a 2-seat car.

I don't think there should be two escapes that feature the same items when one has less seats? Why use the 2-seat before the 4-seat? And people still do! At least with the boat it's less items needed and one item can't be used on a car so no harm if someone fuels the boat.

Also, I agree that Jason 7 and 8 having water speed is useless on boat-less maps. It's already not a super trade off for run, let alone when no one will be in the water anyway.

I quite enjoy playing as the part VII Jason and I've had quite a lot of success with him as well.  Any undead Jason is relatively easy to beat on speed, but the game got it right- Jason just keeps coming.  On more than one occasion I've killed all 8 with the part 7 Jason.  I anticipate part 8 to be my favorite because of his destruction and I really wanted to like the part 9- but I think his head isn't proportional to the rest of his body and it looks a little ridiculous as a result.

As others have mentioned, play style has lots to do with it and persistence as well...

On 5/30/2017 at 11:24 AM, Laphin said:

Each Jason requires a different play style.  J7 can just hammer down doors pretty quick, and requires a ton of forethought, predicting counselor movement.  He's a beast in the right hands.  While he is by no means my favorite Jason to play, he is just as an efficient killer as the rest.  I really would love to see him with that weed wacker tho... 

J2 & J8 are my favorites so far!

I feel like he requires a bit of artistry but can be very formidable. He's slowly become my go to Jason.

I've played part 7 a few more times. I think he is decent. He's somewhere in the middle as far as my liking him. J8, J9 and Savini are my favorites. 

Without perks involved in the game hes meh.  Once you add the stealth that some of these counselors have, he goes from one of the worst to one of the best...imo

Eh I personally can't stand him. Having no sprint plus a weak shift makes him just to slow for me to get the hang of.

which is unfortunate bc he's probably my favorite looking Jason. And hes got the weapon we all know Jason for.

In the Beta didn't Part 7 have increased sense length and range? And now he has decreased cooldown. It might help to switch that out. I do believe Part 7 is a little trickier to play than other "slow" jasons. I think Part 6 and others with "+Shift" are more "forgiving" of mistakes to play because of the faster Shift cooldown. Part 7 and 8 require skilled hands because they aren't so forgiving of that kind of mistake.

I like J7, though J8 is my go-to right now, don't have J9 yet.

As for Jasons faster than the boat, the only two that are faster is J7 & J8, I watched someone escape on the boat, they out ran J3, who does not have the slower in water penalty (that is J2)