Sign in to follow this  
lnetzel

What does all the sounds really tell you?

I really enjoy that this game is using sounds to indicate what's going on for the player but I've not yet found a good summary of what every sound actually does tell you. e.g. The Ki ki ki Ma ma ma, when does that happen and how should you act on it? Or when you fail a step in the mini game for the propellar, does Jason hear/see that somehow via sound or on his map?

Anyone care to spread some light in a list form for the sound effects as Jason and as a Counselor? (and don't think, guess or wish, please only reply what you 100% know)

Just now, lnetzel said:

I really enjoy that this game is using sounds to indicate what's going on for the player but I've not yet found a good summary of what every sound actually does tell you. e.g. The Ki ki ki Ma ma ma, when does that happen and how should you act on it? Or when you fail a step in the mini game for the propellar, does Jason hear/see that somehow via sound or on his map?

Anyone care to spread some light in a list form for the sound effects as Jason and as a Counselor? (and don't think, guess or wish, please only reply what you 100% know)

The Ki Ma sequence means he has unlocked his next power. The first one means he has Sense, second is Shift, last is Stalk.

And Jason hears the same sound effect you hear when you fail the skill check. So if he hears say the gas mess up, you have a 50/50 chance he'll come to you.

Likewise, the phone fail sound is very distinct. If you fail the phone skill check, expect him to come at you with full force.

• Like 2

Cool thanks! 
How about when you see a dead body, the character screams. Does that event show up for Jason in any way? (i've only gotten to play Jason once out of maybe 20 matches)

3 minutes ago, lnetzel said:

Cool thanks! 
How about when you see a dead body, the character screams. Does that event show up for Jason in any way? (i've only gotten to play Jason once out of maybe 20 matches)

No it doesn't, but raises your Fear level. That is how Sense mode works, the red highlighting. As long as your character has a stone cold look on their face, you should be off of Sense. Having high Stealth and Composure helps. Stay near lit areas, use your flashlight, and stay near others to keep fear down. Do all of the opposite and your fear raises, in addition to seeing bodies and Jason himself.

Also whenever you are indoors the house automatically lights up red on Sense, but if your character has no Fear and hides in a hiding spot, the house will not light up. Don't always do this though, it's better to plan an escape as Jason may have already located you before you hid. Plus all he has to do is kill the power and now your fear is gonna auto raise.

• Like 1