First of all, I have to admit I love the concept of this game!

But c´mon it´s not just the servers or the lack of content here. To be honest, it´s the overall package which makes you feel you just bought an Ubi Soft title. But don´t forget, at least they do look good!

Yes, I am disappointed (for now) and it is always pretty difficult to recover after you left such a first impression imho. Pressure to publish... Indie studio whatsoever... I have to get back to the point where I just wonder why is it even possible to release such unfinished business?! Seriously it´s only possible in the video gaming industry.

If you are providing a game which is not exactly content rich (only 1 game mode, where worst case you just sit and wait for 15 to 20min / 3maps and the same start/ending cutscene all over) at least you gotta make sure that the product works flawlessly. Specially when you put on such a price tag to it. So whats the excuse right now? With that kind of price tag on it, you have to be aware that ppl judge you due to that approach and that's just fair. I hoped that the devs (in general) learned from the 'no mans lie' incident but here is no lesson learned. For me it comes all down to the film reference when you go to the movies and half the background is still green screen and they say, it will all be fine when the DVD comes out in a couple of months. It doesn´t work like this and I am just fed up with this behavior.

So far, in these rare moments when I finally got connected to the servers I experienced after waiting an average of 10 minutes to join a game, frustrating disconnects (specially when you play as Jason), annoying glitches and game breaking bugs (PS4). For my taste it is too little and left the impression of 'not delivered'!

I will keep on playing and hope for the best, cause the basic idea had the potential to be a masterpiece, but I felt that needed to be said. So now the companies got our money, obviously more than expected because that was the official reason why servers are down, so show us what you can do with it!

I am not hatin' and I am not angry. I am just very disappointed (for now).

• Like 5

I understand your frustrations gents, but I'd humbly direct you towards their recent Twitter and Facebook updates.

I play it on both PC and Xbone, and Xbone has the exact same issues. This is due to Microsoft's fuck up, they didn't even know the game was coming out on the 26th. The day one patch wasn't rolled out when it was meant to be either. I'm not sure how things are on PS4, but if it's been patched up to PC standard then the only issue should be the servers and database.

What I can tell you though is that this particular game development team are excellent with their community, they've kept us up to date every single day since launch with what's been happening. They're working ridiculously hard to get these issues fixed, and I can promise you that when these early teething issues are sorted, the game will run a lot better. Yeah you see the same intro sequence over and over (one on PC is actually different to the one currently on consoles), yeah it's only got 1 game mode and 3 maps, but it's all about how much fun you have. I'm having so much fun playing the game that I'd quit my job to play it if I could lol. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I understand your frustrations gents, but I'd humbly direct you towards their recent Twitter and Facebook updates.

I play it on both PC and Xbone, and Xbone has the exact same issues. This is due to Microsoft's fuck up, they didn't even know the game was coming out on the 26th. The day one patch wasn't rolled out when it was meant to be either. I'm not sure how things are on PS4, but if it's been patched up to PC standard then the only issue should be the servers and database.

What I can tell you though is that this particular game development team are excellent with their community, they've kept us up to date every single day since launch with what's been happening. They're working ridiculously hard to get these issues fixed, and I can promise you that when these early teething issues are sorted, the game will run a lot better. Yeah you see the same intro sequence over and over (one on PC is actually different to the one currently on consoles), yeah it's only got 1 game mode and 3 maps, but it's all about how much fun you have. I'm having so much fun playing the game that I'd quit my job to play it if I could lol. 

I know right? The game is amazing. I got 60 hours right now on PC :D

First of all, PS4 for me.

Maybe you should just remove your rose colored glasses cuz what I am sayin is that ppl should 'work ridiculously hard' on sth. before they release the final product. Or did I miss here sth.? Is this game an official beta version and announced as such? Then I am really sorry, my bad. But for a finished game it is simply a disgrace, specially considering the price tag in combination with the amount of content. Another point is, when these 'early issues' as you call them are finally fixed and the game justifies its price tag, you´ll get the game for half the money already. It´s the general attitude I am complaining about. After a release devs should work on imroving things and not still fixing the basic game imo.

Good to hear that it works perfectly fine for you and you considering to quit your job, but opinions ya know...?!

• Like 2

I picked up the game on release my first day off was today, waiting 2 years to play this game finally out to spend my whole day off to get 1 match and then be killed by jason 2 seconds later because his friend told him where i was. Is the game worth the trouble in the state no its not should have more servers and less bugs they knew the following.

I Really enjoy it.

i do see your point though it is very clunky, the steam reviews are mixed and gaming website don't seem positive either.

hopefully with a few more updates it will feel less unfinished ??

I honestly think it is a little dear, but in staying that I have bought 80/90 dollar games and they have been a major let down while this is extremely fun. 

Wow, you guys have had a world's different experience from me.

With the exception of one day, for the most part I've had little issue connecting and only had 1 disconnect error which was when I was loading into a match. That, and having my progress stopped by the level 0 bug one other day, are literally the only problems I've come across.

I feel like I'm reliving the early Left 4 Dead days again, while I admit they had 1 extra map and 1 extra mode at the time, but with modern day expectations.

I get the disappointment, and that sounds rough with the PS4 overall issues. Here's hoping it lives up to your hopes for it soon.

8 minutes ago, MagnusMKI said:

With the exception of one day, for the most part I've had little issue connecting and only had 1 disconnect error which was when I was loading into a match. That, and having my progress stopped by the level 0 bug one other day, are literally the only problems I've come across.

I feel like I'm reliving the early Left 4 Dead days again, while I admit they had 1 extra map and 1 extra mode at the time, but with modern day expectations.

I get the disappointment, and that sounds rough with the PS4 overall issues. Here's hoping it lives up to your hopes for it soon.

I only just got on tonight after 5 days of Database login errors. :(

Just now, Geometrek said:

I only just got on tonight after 5 days of Database login errors. :(

Damn, man. I'm sorry to hear that. I had the first day, and that's it. Ended up going for a run, and there was a report on it.

I'm glad it's fixed for ya though! Have a ton of matches now then, and hopefully the issues of the past stay there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagnusMKI said:

Damn, man. I'm sorry to hear that. I had the first day, and that's it. Ended up going for a run, and there was a report on it.

I'm glad it's fixed for ya though! Have a ton of matches now then, and hopefully the issues of the past stay there.

Cheers man, just going through the gamertag thread and adding ps4 players now. 

1 hour ago, Crakehauer said:

First of all, PS4 for me.

Maybe you should just remove your rose colored glasses cuz what I am sayin is that ppl should 'work ridiculously hard' on sth. before they release the final product. Or did I miss here sth.? Is this game an official beta version and announced as such? Then I am really sorry, my bad. But for a finished game it is simply a disgrace, specially considering the price tag in combination with the amount of content. Another point is, when these 'early issues' as you call them are finally fixed and the game justifies its price tag, you´ll get the game for half the money already. It´s the general attitude I am complaining about. After a release devs should work on imroving things and not still fixing the basic game imo.

Good to hear that it works perfectly fine for you and you considering to quit your job, but opinions ya know...?!

Not considering quitting my job, I'd say I'd quit if I could.

Basically then you either don't like the game or you're just pissed off that launch didn't go as they want it to, and are too impatient to wait less than 1 week for patches and stuff. That's fair enough, I'll take off my 'rose colored glasses' and direct you to either their Facebook or Twitter so you can read what's going on, or to another game instead.

2 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Not considering quitting my job, I'd say I'd quit if I could.

Basically then you either don't like the game or you're just pissed off that launch didn't go as they want it to, and are too impatient to wait less than 1 week for patches and stuff. That's fair enough, I'll take off my 'rose colored glasses' and direct you to either their Facebook or Twitter so you can read what's going on, or to another game instead.

dude, you are a special snowflake, huh?! No one cares about any Facebook  or Twitter  excuses it's all about purchasing a game and beeing able to play it and/or judge it due to its price. And of course ppl are pissed off when you release a full price product with a lack of content and several major bugs. That's just common sense, jeez...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MagnusMKI said:

I agree with OP to a degree but this ^^ L4D got so much grief when it came out and it turned out one of the best games ever made. This game also reminds me of the early days of L4D, it's quite good being part of something new, I hope this goes the same way as L4D.

While I'm sorry to hear of the folks who are having trouble playing(PC here), I've actually had no issues other than the occasional glitches. I'm @49 hours of gameplay right now and that's just going to go up.I've had a tremendous amount of fun so far.

I just watched the credits tonight as well and was really astounded at the number of backers for the game. I'm a small part of that myself but it's actually heartwarming to see the kind of support they got and the joy they had in making this production. I can only imagine what it's like to be on a team of folks that have tried as hard as they can to make the perfect F13th game and have to deal with so much backlash. While a corporation might put out an unfinished title due to time/budget constraints managerial politics, they don't have the slew of people who financed it from such a ground level putting the pressure on to get the game they paid for to release. It's almost a no-win situation and the way the public reacts to new games these days has made the idea of a game development career a no-go for myself at least. But this was their dream and they achieved it!!

Graphically, it's beautiful. The shadows bounce naturally wherever the light hits. The forest and cabins look great and portray the ambience of the movies perfectly. People whine about the outlandish expressions without understanding that the counselors of the movies were NOT A-list by any means (sorry Kevin Bacon) and are well known for overacting in the movies. It's a thing.

The music. Wow! I did not expect different (awesome) soundtracks for every Jason. And it builds up the suspense naturally as if I was in the camp myself. It's revealing to your peril without being everywhere all at once. I don't understand how they got the music to respond peripherally around everyone like they do.

Speaking of peripheral audio, how does that radio/speaking feature even work? I've never seen such mastery of sound in a game. People's voices fade away as you move further from them. And somehow, we can play with people from all over the globe and it knows if we're on the radio or in the vicinity of each other. This is fresh tech to me anyway.

They're not even asking for the full $60 price of today's bestselling games. I know I've spent an embarrassing amount of money on EA products only to be stuck with a virtually unplayable game (Simcity 5, Sims3, don't judge) from a company that couldn't care less about fixing their games. When Fallout 4 came out, it was a wild romp.... that very soon into the game became unplayable due to a bug for more than a week. I've spent a whole lot more on games that made me go "Oh, that was a waste of cash."

As it is, many folks are havin' a lot of fun playing this. With patience, the bugs will get worked out as so many have already. I'm proud to be a small part of this creation. OMG I would have been mad with joy to be active with a project like this. I will definitely be supporting it further with DLC/etc. and if I won the lotto tomorrow, I'd throw them a wad of mad cash to just keep doing what they want in the game.

Best of luck!

UPDATE:

After the second weekend not much changed for me. No improvements at all on my side. Most of the time I was waiting for match making (in average even longer then on the first weekend) and when I finally got into a lobby at least at half of it endedin a disconnect after a couple of minutes which led me to putting the game aside... There were no update so far.

Obviously more ppl then expected bought the game, so when will all the money it generated be used to fix the game?

Sad part is none of my friends will buy this game anymore so I have to creep around with these twelve year old troublemaker, but meanwhile I am wondering for how long will they or anybody be around in this fast moving business?!

On 5/30/2017 at 5:31 AM, Crakehauer said:

First of all, I have to admit I love the concept of this game!

But c´mon it´s not just the servers or the lack of content here. To be honest, it´s the overall package which makes you feel you just bought an Ubi Soft title. But don´t forget, at least they do look good!

Yes, I am disappointed (for now) and it is always pretty difficult to recover after you left such a first impression imho. Pressure to publish... Indie studio whatsoever... I have to get back to the point where I just wonder why is it even possible to release such unfinished business?! Seriously it´s only possible in the video gaming industry.

If you are providing a game which is not exactly content rich (only 1 game mode, where worst case you just sit and wait for 15 to 20min / 3maps and the same start/ending cutscene all over) at least you gotta make sure that the product works flawlessly. Specially when you put on such a price tag to it. So whats the excuse right now? With that kind of price tag on it, you have to be aware that ppl judge you due to that approach and that's just fair. I hoped that the devs (in general) learned from the 'no mans lie' incident but here is no lesson learned. For me it comes all down to the film reference when you go to the movies and half the background is still green screen and they say, it will all be fine when the DVD comes out in a couple of months. It doesn´t work like this and I am just fed up with this behavior.

So far, in these rare moments when I finally got connected to the servers I experienced after waiting an average of 10 minutes to join a game, frustrating disconnects (specially when you play as Jason), annoying glitches and game breaking bugs (PS4). For my taste it is too little and left the impression of 'not delivered'!

I will keep on playing and hope for the best, cause the basic idea had the potential to be a masterpiece, but I felt that needed to be said. So now the companies got our money, obviously more than expected because that was the official reason why servers are down, so show us what you can do with it!

I am not hatin' and I am not angry. I am just very disappointed (for now).

It's one man's opinion and here goes another man's opinion. This is the most fun I've had gaming. Ever. I play on the PS4 and I play private matches through the PS4 community. I'm having a blast.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MattGarcia said:

It's one man's opinion and here goes another man's opinion. This is the most fun I've had gaming. Ever. I play on the PS4 and I play private matches through the PS4 community. I'm having a blast.

Yeah, we get it. You havin a blast... that's what you write in every thread. It´s so cute how you ppl defend a game full of inherent vice. This is the next NMS. Fanboys here are even worse than the game...See you in half a year... oh wait,... I bet I don´t!

I respectfully disagree. I'd pay the same price every month to play this game. I'm addicted it's all I want to do with my time