Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Pooface

Do people use their mic on PS4?

Hello there.

I've been in doubt about purchasing this game for a while now. I'd like to know what the community on the PS4 is like. Do people actually use a mic and communicate? Because I can barely see this game working without people actually communicating and talking to each other.

Astute observation, old chum!

Yes, the game is 10 times more fun (and survivable) when the counselors have mics and communicate.

The majority of players have them, but there are some who do not.

Game without mics is a pain. I've had many of those on PS4. Mostly however there are at least 2 players who use mic.

The game is so much easier for counselor if everyone has a mic.

In one game my friend had a walkie talkie and high stamina counselor. He told everyone to not move or be sneaky while he was running and making noises. When he got Jasons attention he told everyone to search every cabin as fast as they can. We then scattered to search all the cabins nearby. I myself and 1 other counselor managed to escape with a boat. Others managed to call the cops and find all car parts. Unfortunately my friend died and so did 1 other counselor who tried to fill the gas to an escape car. Rest made it off with the police.

Then in other games with no mics everyone usually gets picked off one by one and you are left frustrated wondering why the hell they don't use their mics. >:C

It's those epic games however that keep you playing. :D

Can be hard without a mic and its definitly WAAAAAYYYY funnier with a mic!

I mostly play in private matches and its funny how your voice instinctively lowers in volume when you are sneaking around not knowing where jason might be

I use a mic all the time. You actually need it. Help coordinate your plan.

I had maybe 1 or 2 games where no one talked and I was the only one to survive.

Mics are needed!

PS...it's a blast hearing people scream or yell when they are scared or running from Jason. If you are a good Jason, you can also taunt people...that's funny too.

Yes, but don´t forget these who are using it way too much. Be aware cuz some ppl might have overseen the M rating, if you know what i mean.

A vote/kick option would be nice if you ask me, to remove the potential trolls. Some can be a serious P.I.T.A. I already figured out ... ;)

• Like 1

My PS4 EU-region experiance is this. When I strickly go for Quick Match, hardly anyone seem to use headset at all, and the few that does doesn't speak English or just say "what?" all the time.

I've hooked up with some online friends via PSN in the UK and they play with headset all the time, you get kicked from the party if it's not switched on.

Its SOOOO much more fun with headset and cooperation. If you don't have a headset, get one today!

I'd love to hook up with more mature players though that does not call players "Bitch" or even worse... plus the occational spectator bullying of less skilled players. Lousy attitude, mostly from the ages below 18.

Not since SWBF on PS2 have I used a mic consistently. Even my Battlefield time has limited mic use. I used the earpiece that comes with the ps4 and found it to be more fun to play with communication. everyone was still learning the game and being friendly to each other. However, as what seems to be law of online multiplayer, in a couple of months some experienced players probably may start giving new players a hard time.

Mic is a must. And I've seen people without mics use almost a Morse code with their flashlights when asked questions like do you have the keys or something. 

I went out and bought a mic on Saturday specifically for this game because it really does make that much of a difference.

I did.  It sure if it makes a difference though but that's what I did 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrisi98 said:

Do I pick yes for Output voice in world?

Good question.  I'm wondering exactly what this setting does as well.

For me it's hard because I have to translate all speak while running character so I rarely use mic unless i'm saying run, or simple things like gas, battery, ect.

Yes. A mic makes this game 10x more enjoyable and hilarious.

One game I was upstairs, and I thought safe, in the huge Packanack Lodge searching drawers when I heard banging and rustling in the other rooms next to me. I was like, "yes! someone else is helping to search and clear this area."

Then Jason busts into the room and I scream like a cat whose tail just got stepped on and Jason says over the hot mic, "C'mon man! You didn't hear me stomping around up here?!!!!"

LMMFAO!!!!  Haaaahahaha!

Bizarre thing to hear before you get murdered. Hahaha.

So, yes, a mic is much worth it!

I had a situation over the weekend where I put in the car battery and another player ran up and said he had the keys. I told him I knew where the gas was and went and grabbed it. I then filled up the tank and saw jason down the road. Other guy hopped in, started the car up, and took off cackling with laughter and jason grabbed me and killed me. I can't even be mad at the guy. Just too damn funny 

I actually was playing this without a mic until today...went out and bought one just for this game.  Wow...going without is nuts.  It would be like going into a cabin and only searching one set of drawers and leaving the rest unopened.  

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 4:33 AM, HeavyTeemu said:

Game without mics is a pain. I've had many of those on PS4. Mostly however there are at least 2 players who use mic.

The game is so much easier for counselor if everyone has a mic.

In one game my friend had a walkie talkie and high stamina counselor. He told everyone to not move or be sneaky while he was running and making noises. When he got Jasons attention he told everyone to search every cabin as fast as they can. We then scattered to search all the cabins nearby. I myself and 1 other counselor managed to escape with a boat. Others managed to call the cops and find all car parts. Unfortunately my friend died and so did 1 other counselor who tried to fill the gas to an escape car. Rest made it off with the police.

Then in other games with no mics everyone usually gets picked off one by one and you are left frustrated wondering why the hell they don't use their mics. >:C

It's those epic games however that keep you playing. :D

I've encountered some terrible people in public on this game so far so I don't really go on mic unless I have to or the people sound cool which more often than not, they don't.

With the objectives marked on the large map, you can easily accomplish stuff without talking to the group.  I'm not saying its not more fun with a fun group to talk to but its easily doable off mic.

1 hour ago, Ste_Wolf said:

But can't Jason hear you all plotting on your mics?

It depends.  If you are in a private party chat with your friends, no he can't.  If you are in the game chat and he's close to you, most likely.  So many people on mics will give you away or reveal too much and not realize it.  I've had so many Jasons trying to talk to me as they chase me but I say no thank you and throw something at him.