When we press stalk as Jason , what stalk do? Jason is more quiet ? what ? anyone can explain me ?

• Like 1

ahhh turns off music? thanks mate, i didnt know :) , so when we hear the music as conselors it means he is nearby us ?

• Like 1

Yes. When Jason is nearby you will hear the scary music.

And when you hear that "chi-chi-chi-kha-kha-kha" voice/thing with the echo sound, it does not mean Jason is near you but that he just got access to one of his abilities.

Also, check out this great video about counselors to leaern more about them :

• Like 1

"Stalk" needs to last longer maybe a full minute opposed to 7 sec because by the time I push it then walk up on a cabin I have no time to sneak in and jumpscare attack anyone! The short 7 seconds gives you no sneak time! 

Or am I missing something?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

"Stalk" needs to last longer maybe a full minute opposed to 7 sec because by the time I push it then walk up on a cabin I have no time to sneak in and jumpscare attack anyone! The short 7 seconds gives you no sneak time! 

You can combine it with other abilities like morph and shift, I'm not sure if when using Stalk in combination with Shift that it'll remove the TV static that flashes around (would be neat if it did). But otherwise you just have to be pretty quick about it, or use a Jason with enhanced Stalk.

Stalk works like this. As previously mentioned it mutes the music do you are able to sneak up on a counselor the mechanic triggers off once a counselor sees you so sneaking is a must. The duration of it is tied to distance so for instance if you run it with drain faster than walking or standing still. It's a great tool to use if you use it correctly and helps you create jump scares for unsuspecting counselors.

5 minutes ago, JPops said:

create jump scares

THIS!!!!! haha had this in a game yesterday..... 2 counselors in the house, me outside as jason, KNOWING they could hear me over the time i just mumbled "ah fuck this" to myself and started the Stalk-Mechanic, tricking them into thinking i was going after someone else and morphed away. my jason sense told me they had left the building and i circled around the back of the house and came around the corner just when they were close enough for me to grab one of them.

Yelling and screaming ensued,...... i laughed my ass off, hilarious.

• Like 2

On 30/05/2017 at 7:13 AM, FamouZ said:

When we press stalk as Jason , what stalk do? Jason is more quiet ? what ? anyone can explain me ?

On 30/05/2017 at 8:11 AM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

from the dev's post:
Q: How long does Stalk remain once activated?

A: If you stand still (don't move at all) it lasts for 3 mins. If you move around with Stalk active, it reduces dramatically. Meaning if you hit Stalk and then start walking, it will "burn" that ability off in about 20 seconds. 

• Like 1

If the counselor physically sees you though, they will still shout and the music will start playing for them, even though you are still in stalk mode. 

My favorite use of it is when I'm looking for counselors with Sense, I spot one at mid distance...I activate it then Shift up to them...they won't realize you are there until the last second :) 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SolidusPrime said:

If the counselor physically sees you though, they will still shout and the music will start playing for them, even though you are still in stalk mode. 

My favorite use of it is when I'm looking for counselors with Sense, I spot one at mid distance...I activate it then Shift up to them...they won't realize you are there until the last second :) 

This too is my favorite technique- and it's starting to catch on in the community.  I was caught off guard with it a few times this past weekend.  

Stalk in the right hands is deadly.

I still see lots of Jason's not using it, but it's catching on. J8 and J9 have the best stalk.

I remember I activated Stalk, and walked into a cabin that 2 councillors forgot to lock, I saw them crouched looking the opposite direction, I just casually walked right up behind one and grabbed him. I'm sure I gave the dude a heart attack cause I've never heard a grown man scream like that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SolidusPrime said:

Yep. Definitely got a few WTF's from the counselor using this trick. Didn't even hear me coming. ;)

Stalk also increase ur hearing, thats y standing still with it can be very useful

That stalk ability is something else. Iwas able to get a from using it. The player was in a cabin by a window and I went out of his view to activate the ability. He thought I left and as soon as he came out, BAM! lol