Pyxis

Ring around the Rosie

46 posts in this topic

Watching an epic battle between Jason and Vanessa, just running in circles around a couch. Maybe implement a way for Jason to bust up furniture? Something! This is dizzying!

4 people like this

Wouldn't his grab or basic attack reach over that? I've managed to basic attack people through windows so surely it will reach over a couch.

Yeah, I had a dude do it for 2 to 3 minutes when he came back as Tommy. The cramped quarters makes it almost impossible to shift grab them too. Not sure how you can really fix it. I'm terrible with the throwing knives so I missed him with all 6 I had :(

This is what knives are for if u can find them and not run out before someone does this that is

I was always able to hit them even with my basic attack. I had several people taunting me "I could do this all day!" only to start screaming obscenities at me once I hit them and grabbed them.

1 person likes this

Someone tried to get on a bed in Higgins and claimed it was a glitch (it might be, with Part 6 it wasn't) and that they would be safe from any attacks. I walked in there, stabbed him to death on the bed and he raged out.

4 hours ago, Pyxis said:

Watching an epic battle between Jason and Vanessa, just running in circles around a couch. Maybe implement a way for Jason to bust up furniture? Something! This is dizzying!

Yeah, here is my thought on the issue...

Either bust up furniture, or make furniture movable (Jason could toss chairs, couches, etc, out of his way).  As a councilor, you could also move furniture to create barricades (to either further reinforce dead-bolted doors, or add additional layers of protection in case Jason breaches a door).  Of course, Jason's Rage mode would have the same effect on furniture.

theres an easy solution......

leave the proximity and lull them into false safety. the Stalk mechanic helps with this.

but yeah i agree that furniture should be destructible or moveable when jason is in Rage mode.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Pyxis said:

Yes I agree. Though a very common trend is for them to use the archery deck on the Crystal Lake map. With Vanessa or Tommy it is damn near impossible to catch them and the total length of the deck almost exceeds shift preventing you from getting in front of them to use a shift grab. I'v witnessed this multiple times yesterday. 

1 person likes this

Yeah when I saw that archery range and how it works. I worried that might become an area to troll Jason players.

All the more reason why im not in favor of a total removal or even huge nerf of shift.

The inside cabins I worry less about, because I feel eventually the windows are going to become a lot more dangerous as the game progresses and the devs realize window damage is going to become irrelevant with first aid/health perks. So windows will eventually cause limp damage every single time.

1 person likes this

Something similar happened to me yesterday while playing Part VII Jason.

A guy was running around one of these white picked fences. Well, actually he was just staying on the other side and even though it looked as if I could reach him with my machete swings, it didn't work.

Catching him while running around the fence didn't work either as he was faster.

We both actually had a good laugh out of this but also both of us agreed that this is an issue that should be adressed.

Jason should be able to chop down those fences just like he can do with doors, walls and some other objects.

Also the fences are already breakable, you can destroy them with the car.

ceno

I've had a couple of people try running around the car from me. About the 3rd go round,  I set a trap down and they ran right into it both times and problem solved. 

6 hours ago, IH8YH said:

leave the proximity and lull them into false safety. the Stalk mechanic helps with this.

but yeah i agree that furniture should be destructible or moveable when jason is in Rage mode.

Boom. People have been looking for a reason to get excited when Jason gets the Rage...this would be a perfect implementation of that ability because I've seen the ROR only towards the end of matches. 

These are all things I know the devs will tackle once the main malfunctions are taken care of.

Still, it makes for some Benny Hill moments. Haha...

1 person likes this

This simply HAS to be addressed - In a small room with a couch, people can avoid weapon attacks/reach by just running loops outside of the couch, and they never run out of stamina despite running for minutes.  Between this and the Packanack lodge glitch, there's games where you might as well quit if you're Jason, because if you have multiple exploiters in your group, the game is simply no fun because once you run out of knives, Jason simply can't kill people who exploit these things.

I don't know why people who repeatedly do RAR and glitch exploits even play - "Yeah, I ran around a couch for 5 minutes then levitated in the rafters for 5 more." - is that fun?

A few cabins have a long table that's made for looping.

What sucks is Jason can't set raps in cabins, and if the player sees you're going to knife him, he just runs around erratically. Hard to shift grab in a confined space; more worthwhile to use a Jason that can run.

The most ridiculous and undescriptive topic title but to be fair Jason can break down doors, walls and doesn't run out of stamina, not to mention he has a huge grab radius, it's the counselors job to survive and it's not like they can really take Jason in a 1v1 so what else are they supposed to do, if they have the upperhand, then they are surviving, which is only for a while before their stamina runs out.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, MidnightCallerXx said:

The most ridiculous and undescriptive topic title but to be fair Jason can break down doors, walls and doesn't run out of stamina, not to mention he has a huge grab radius, it's the counselors job to survive and it's not like they can really take Jason in a 1v1 so what else are they supposed to do, if they have the upperhand, then they are surviving, which is only for a while before their stamina runs out.

But that's one of the problems - I was a Jason chasing a guy around a couch for FIVE MINUTES and his stamina didn't run out?  It's something about "looping" when you run, or else it's just a glitch that the stamina doesn't run down indoors, but either way, it's not some sort of clever strategy, it's exploiting a flaw in the game. 

Jason needs to be able to move and/or break through furniture.  That or be able to set traps inside.  Just allowing infinite running in circles where it's physically impossible for Jason to catch up and the counselor never tires, is no different than allowing the Packanack glitch to continue.

1 person likes this

On 5/29/2017 at 11:56 PM, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Wouldn't his grab or basic attack reach over that? I've managed to basic attack people through windows so surely it will reach over a couch.

Nope there is only two options for a person committed to ring around the rosie.  #1  Throwing knives and hope they don't dodge them or have med sprays and medic, or #2.  morph just outside the building, stalk, and shift back in and hope you catch them by surprise, maybe before morphing say "fuck I need more throwing knives" or something.

Neither of those are that reliable.

On 5/30/2017 at 6:06 AM, IH8YH said:

That won't work if the player is intent on getting a time out win. They will just sit in one safe spot and never move from it because they will know that Jason can't catch them.

There's been a lot of discussion on this actually, previous thread HereBut basically furniture destruction would be the best option IMO, available through Rage. To save time on animation / graphics, something generic could be used to represent different types of furniture without needing custom assets for everything. 

The looping exploit is the worst when players are using it to stall for time before the end of the match. So earlier on you can always just focus your efforts on other players without wasting time. When Rage enables, furniture destruction would become an automatic function without an interact prompt, as mentioned by Wes in the Breakable Fences thread. Simply walk forward and "beast-mode" through an obstacle. 

Throwing knives, shift and traps are not proper solutions for various reasons which I've already explained in the other thread (can we start getting these merged?). Like the window looping exploit was fixed by giving Jason the ability to destroy windows, a similar solution needs to be implemented for this furniture looping too. The fix needs to be designed into the game instead of pressuring the players to fix it themselves. A solution to an exploit that requires high skill to achieve is not a true solution at all.

1 person likes this

Most people I've seen do this end up dead. I honestly don't think its a huge deal. Its not impossible to catch them.

I've seen people attempt to do this with me, I don't bother with knives, or using stalk outside. I also don't switch sides, I just chase them in a circle, and shift. They will run out of stamina, but when you pussyfoot around and try to get all crafty with trying to catch them is when you have issues. Like in the video up above. That Jason should have smashed the windows and followed him in a circle. He'd have run out of stamina and had no where left to go but out of the building with zero stamina. I've never played a professional team of counselors if that's even a thing, but my kill count is almost always everyone. This isn't a viable tactic to use against him unless they are beginning Jason players.

But sure I wouldn't mind being able to knock away chairs and tables.

1 hour ago, BloodyNights said:

I've seen people attempt to do this with me, I don't bother with knives, or using stalk outside. I also don't switch sides, I just chase them in a circle, and shift. They will run out of stamina, but when you pussyfoot around and try to get all crafty with trying to catch them is when you have issues. Like in the video up above. That Jason should have smashed the windows and followed him in a circle. He'd have run out of stamina and had no where left to go but out of the building with zero stamina. I've never played a professional team of counselors if that's even a thing, but my kill count is almost always everyone. This isn't a viable tactic to use against him unless they are beginning Jason players.

But sure I wouldn't mind being able to knock away chairs and tables.

Tommy and Vanessa can just simply keep jogging even after their stamina is gone and stay ahead of a zombie Jason.  Maybe even Buggzy.  Heck if I follow an AJ around on a zombie Jason I can see when her stamina is depleted but she can continue to jog and stay ahead of me indefinitely, and she only has 4 speed.  I have to slow her down either with knives or gap close with shift.

21 minutes ago, I Hate Spectate said:

Tommy and Vanessa can just simply keep jogging even after their stamina is gone and stay ahead of a zombie Jason.  Maybe even Buggzy.  Heck if I follow an AJ around on a zombie Jason I can see when her stamina is depleted but she can continue to jog and stay ahead of me indefinitely, and she only has 4 speed.  I have to slow her down either with knives or gap close with shift.

Well I don't know what to tell you. I've had Tommy's, and Vanessa's try this tactic. Keep in mind I usually don't casually walk towards them the entire time, I'll shift as well. I'm very good with shift + grab, I'm even pretty decent at it in houses. So use shift + power walk and you should be fine. I personally don't think any counselor including Tommy has ever been able to truly stall me for very long.

However I will say me as Tommy or Vanessa, I've stalled a ton of different Jason's some as long as 10 minutes. I don't understand how, as I find most people incredibly easy to catch especially with Jason Part 6 and Part 9.