14 minutes ago, Arakos said:

Wow that must be an bad Jason when he cant catch you just by running around a car... :/

Clearly you've never been a Jason that can't run then. Even in their most injured state most councilors can outrun you with ease. Got to admit though I don't think that the choke execution is working as intended. Doesn't matter who the councilor is or the state they're in, it's always available immediately. Surely that's a bug? 

Edit: just to point out that considering this thread exists and there are still a decent amount of people wanting Jason 'balancing'. There are sure a lot of games right now where he barely gets any kills. That's even in pub matches. 

40 minutes ago, Arakos said:

Some peoples say that those counselors players are just too bad to avoid the shift+grab, but if the jason player is good enought you cant avoid him.

I am not bad at juking too, many jasons missed me with the grab, but the good jasons will grab you everytime, even if you run in zigzag....I have no bigger problems to catch guys who tries to zigzag me.

The only fixes that i can see are a small attacking/grabbing cooldown after shift or a way to block his grab off with combatstance(then blocking). That will not makes Jason weak, It will makes the game more fair.

I'd also argue that "running out in the open to avoid Jason" is not designed to end with the counselor "winning".

Jason is SUPPOSED to be at an advantage in that situation.

Here is where counselors are at an advantage:

- They have an item that allows them to stun or avoid Jason in some manner (melee weapon, flare, shotgun, pocket knife, firecrackers, the sweater)

- They are in the midst of escaping in a car/boat prior to Jason being aware of it

- They are very near the entrance to where cops appear

Here is where Jason is at an advantage:

- Every other situation

There are 7 counselors, 1 Jason.  He is supposed to be wickedly powerful and scary.  People SHOULD be working to avoid engagements completely, not always having a way to escape once engaged.

I feel like a lot of people want to run around, make noise, find items, beat up Jason, avoid all his abilities, and win every match...that would be a terrible game imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Clearly you've never been a Jason that can't run then. Even in their most injured state most councilors can outrun you with ease. Got to admit though I don't think that the choke execution is working as intended. Doesn't matter who the councilor is or the state they're in, it's always available immediately. Surely that's a bug? 

I play almos just Savini Jason, Part 6 & part 8.... all 3 can't run

But i play all the time with a keyboard, don't know if it is so hard with a controller, but with my keybord i slaugher everyone

2 minutes ago, Arakos said:

I play almos just Savini Jason, Part 6 & part 8.... all 3 can't run

But i play all the time with a keyboard, don't know if it is so hard with a controller, but with my keybord i slaugher everyone

Without shift? I could easily just be misunderstanding but I don't see many ways you can catch them without it. Controller is definitely difficult for aiming so knives are a no go unless they run in a straight line. Traps they can easily just run around with no effort. Any tips I'd be grateful for because on ps4 it's getting quite hard to play as Jason without some sort of shift grab. (I always take my time to go for different executions though which usually gives chance to escape.)

I'd say this on console shift grab is really hard i'm good with jason but controllers are harder to use most ppl on ps4 have no idea how to exit out of shift so shift grabs are not that big of a problem thing i hate the most is topics on the forums asking for nerfs to a game that has unstable servers and glitchs that need work on first. So as your topic no no no if you don't like the shift grab then don't play simple as that.

7 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Without shift? I could easily just be misunderstanding but I don't see many ways you can catch them without it. Controller is definitely difficult for aiming so knives are a no go unless they run in a straight line. Traps they can easily just run around with no effort. Any tips I'd be grateful for because on ps4 it's getting quite hard to play as Jason without some sort of shift grab. (I always take my time to go for different executions though which usually gives chance to escape.)

Everyone already knows that without shift a counselor can near infinitely run circles around a car and Jason cannot catch up.  That's why Jason has shift, traps, and throwing knives.  It has zero to do with control scheme.

I thought the same thing at first.  While I was getting used to controls and strats, I may as well have covered myself in salsa and rang the dinner bell.  But after just a week I've figured out how to deal with the shift grabs and realized that those powers are just part of the challenge that is Jason.  I know it SEEMS unfair, but that's the nature of horror.  Otherwise it would just be PVP and this is not a true PVP game.  This is a survivor horror game where the AI has been replaced by the skills of a real player.

Granted, I'm no developer and I respect all opinions, but I sincerely believe that with enough practice and time dedicated, you'll find that the balance is where you'll want it to be in order to stay challenging and rewarding.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Sorry my english is bad^^, of course with shift!

Never played with one, so i cant say how hard it is to catch someone with shift+grab with a controller. I can just say that is is extremly easy for me to do the combo with my keyboard.

24 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

I'd also argue that "running out in the open to avoid Jason" is not designed to end with the counselor "winning".

Jason is SUPPOSED to be at an advantage in that situation.

Here is where counselors are at an advantage:

- They have an item that allows them to stun or avoid Jason in some manner (melee weapon, flare, shotgun, pocket knife, firecrackers, the sweater)

- They are in the midst of escaping in a car/boat prior to Jason being aware of it

- They are very near the entrance to where cops appear

Here is where Jason is at an advantage:

- Every other situation

There are 7 counselors, 1 Jason.  He is supposed to be wickedly powerful and scary.  People SHOULD be working to avoid engagements completely, not always having a way to escape once engaged.

I feel like a lot of people want to run around, make noise, find items, beat up Jason, avoid all his abilities, and win every match...that would be a terrible game imo.

Don't get me wrong, i agree that Jason is supposed to be as OP killing machine. I hated the whiners in DbD too.

It should be very hard to escapes and suvive a Match. Thats what i want to see in the game, it is ok for me if i get f****** up by Jason, but not if i can do absolutely nothing to avoid him.... except he is bad at shift+combo.

Why the Devs said that they will fix the shift+grab after Beta, if they didnt change anything...

The counselors have a wide range of items, the most items are very useful. The weapons are great too, but you are just able to hit Jason when he makes a bigger mistake, he can grab into your attack all the time. Jason should be much stronger in a fight than an counselor... thats clear too.
Now i have to ask, why is a combatsystem and combatstance in the game if Jason can run in circles to avoid your slow attacks or grab you while attacking.
Why they gave the counselors and Jason a blocking ability??

The sense is a problem too, maby because nobody undertstand how it works right, just that he can sense your fear and noises, but sometimes he can sense your calm character in a tent or closet. (Can he sense you everytime? fear and noises will increase the percent chance to sense you??)

Overall i love the game really much and i hope they will not fuck up Jason like the DbD Killers, the major balance is great as it is, it just need some tweaks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arakos said:

Sorry my english is bad^^, of course with shift!

Never played with one, so i cant say how hard it is to catch someone with shift+grab with a controller. I can just say that is is extremly easy for me to do the combo with my keyboard.

Don't get me wrong, i agree that Jason is supposed to be as OP killing machine. I hated the whiners in DbD too.

It should be very hard to escapes and suvive a Match. Thats what i want to see in the game, it is ok for me if i get f****** up by Jason, but not if i can do absolutely nothing to avoid him.... except he is bad at shift+combo.

Why the Devs said that they will fix the shift+grab after Beta, if they didnt change anything...

The counselors have a wide range of items, the most items are very useful. The weapons are great too, but you are just able to hit Jason when he makes a bigger mistake, he can grab into your attack all the time. Jason should be much stronger in a fight than an counselor... thats clear too.
Now i have to ask, why is a combatsystem and combatstance in the game if Jason can run in circles to avoid your slow attacks or grab you while attacking.
Why they gave the counselors and Jason a blocking ability??

The sense is a problem too, maby because nobody undertstand how it works right, just that he can sense your fear and noises, but sometimes he can sense your calm character in a tent or closet. (Can he sense you everytime? fear and noises will increase the percent chance to sense you??)

Overall i love the game really much and i hope they will not fuck up Jason like the DbD Killers, the major balance is great as it is, it just need some tweaks.

Ah Ok I understand. We're on the same page. Shift grab is fairly easy with a controller but not as easy as with mouse and keyboard. My real issue isn't actually with the shift grab combo because that's necessary. The real problem is that composure still doesn't give 'any'  chance to escape the choke execution. 

21 minutes ago, PaulStation said:

Ah Ok I understand. We're on the same page. Shift grab is fairly easy with a controller but not as easy as with mouse and keyboard. My real issue isn't actually with the shift grab combo because that's necessary. The real problem is that composure still doesn't give 'any'  chance to escape the choke execution. 

I thought composure was only for mitigating fear/panic gain from being in darkness or alone...is it supposed to assist with breaking grabs too?

Just now, munkt0r said:

I thought composure was only for mitigating fear/panic gain from being in darkness or alone...is it supposed to assist with breaking grabs too?

Yeah it's supposed to make it easier to break free. Even says so if you select in in the character stats. Not seeing ANY sign if it working though. That could be just due to the fact that certain executions are almost immediately available. 

On 5/31/2017 at 8:56 PM, SexDrugs&Tea said:

As a counselor, we don't have stats on survival rates but I have played a disgusting amount of games in the short while the game has been out, and I survive easily more than half the time. It's all about planning ahead of Jason and and being smart about when to take risks. 

This. Not nerfing Jason, is the key. Outsmarting the person playing Jason as much as possible and keeping in mind that you won't always survive is key to enjoying the game. Make smart, calculated moves and hope luck is on your side. When Jason shows up on the map, take advantage of this if you can by having a plan in place especially when you see him way across the map chasing other players, giving you those few minutes of noise making freedom! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaulStation said:

Yeah it's supposed to make it easier to break free. Even says so if you select in in the character stats. Not seeing ANY sign if it working though. That could be just due to the fact that certain executions are almost immediately available. 

Ahhh, I see now, when you hover over the stat.  

They need a better tutorial of all the stats and how they interact with gameplay and abilities.  
When they first released "Stalk" ability, on this forum there is a VERY detailed explanation of how it works.  That's where I discovered that stalk lasts like 3 minutes if you don't move (15ish seconds if you do move while it's active).  I would've NEVER known that if I didn't see that particular post from the devs on this board.

I really wish they'd have that detailed of an explanation for all the abilities, stats, and how they interact.

16 hours ago, ConGamePro said:

This. Not nerfing Jason, is the key. Outsmarting the person playing Jason as much as possible and keeping in mind that you won't always survive is key to enjoying the game. Make smart, calculated moves and hope luck is on your side. When Jason shows up on the map, take advantage of this if you can by having a plan in place especially when you see him way across the map chasing other players, giving you those few minutes of noise making freedom! 

I'm also guessing you play a lot of AJ and allow Jason to hunt down the idiots that don't play sneaky for the first part of the match.

A lot of surviving is about where you spawned in relation to Jason and whether or not the other counselors on your team are being loud idiots.

20 minutes ago, munkt0r said:

I'm also guessing you play a lot of AJ and allow Jason to hunt down the idiots that don't play sneaky for the first part of the match.

A lot of surviving is about where you spawned in relation to Jason and whether or not the other counselors on your team are being loud idiots.

Not necessarily, many times I have been unlucky with Jason spawning near me at the start of the match but I was able to out fox Jason as AJ by running from cabin to cabin, in and out of windows, juked him a few times as well. One time he spent so much time with me he got annoyed and left for someone else. 

Like ConGamePro said, you can outsmart Jason and use calculated moves. 

7 hours ago, Ryve said:

Yes and no. I feel like they should increase the time between grab and kill, but I feel like they should remove the break free QTE.
Smashing a button is a lazy mechanic and doesn't revolve around skill at all.

They should remove shift grabbing, but once Jason has grabbed you, you should only be able to free yourself with a pocket knife.(Friends can still free you by hitting Jason of course, but that's kind of clunky right now which is why I want a slightly longer time between grab and kill.)

I disagree. 99% of the matches I play, whoever plays jason doesn't even swing their weapon (unless they are breaking doors or windows) Almost every single kill comes from a grab. To me, that enough is proof that something needs looked at and tweaked. You also mention people only being able to break free if they have someone hit him. Most of the time by the tie someone gets grabbed, even if the person was trying to protect them with a bat, by the time they hit him its too late and hes already in the kill animation.

10 minutes ago, johnstx said:

I disagree. 99% of the matches I play, whoever plays jason doesn't even swing their weapon (unless they are breaking doors or windows) Almost every single kill comes from a grab. To me, that enough is proof that something needs looked at and tweaked. You also mention people only being able to break free if they have someone hit him. Most of the time by the tie someone gets grabbed, even if the person was trying to protect them with a bat, by the time they hit him its too late and hes already in the kill animation.

Then your group needs to learn to avoid jason or juke him the grab was put in the game for a reason or would you rather have jason just swing his weapon because i don't point is game has been out for a week and the cry babies are already asking for a nerf, i bet you 5 trillion dollars these guys asking for nerfs don't speak in game or don't work together with the group.

Nah, I speak on mic and coordinate with groups, and support the idea of a change.  Most of the time shift/grab isn't an issue because there's still a lot of bad Jasons (which will not last).  I find however that people who have hit the twenties and thirties level-wise tend to wipe the board of counselors in ten minutes or less due to the inescapable nature of a proficient shift/grabber.  Maybe if composure worked correctly as some are saying it wouldn't be as bad (still cheesy and somehow not F13, game Jason is more of a ghost constantly phasing in and out than an unstoppable stalker killer who chases his prey down) but in general a pocket knife is the only way to escape.  Even a fresh Jenny and Tommy who have ten in composure and have equipped Escape Artist can be shift grabbed without seeing Jason (meaning possessing the lowest fear possible) and will be put into a death animation before they can tap X fast enough.  It's just soooo easy it's boring.  Competent Jasons who have mastered the shift/grab often make the game very dull. Jukes only really work with Jasons who are still learning.  I pull them off frequently but against someone who has practiced lots of shift/grabbing, you can't really get away, even with a fast char like Tommy or Chad.  

I'm positive the devs understand how stupid some of the ppl who are calling for nerfs are. No they aren't going to change the shift mechanic. It doesn't need to be changed. Jason is supposed to win. Period. The thrill comes in being that sole individual that survives the encounter. Again, Jason is supposed to win. The devs know this, they built the game around that idea, so no, there won't be any changes that make Jason easier to avoid or deal with. If that's a problem for you, go play a different game. 

10 minutes ago, Strangefate said:

Nah, I speak on mic and coordinate with groups, and support the idea of a change.  Most of the time shift/grab isn't an issue because there's still a lot of bad Jasons (which will not last).  I find however that people who have hit the twenties and thirties level-wise tend to wipe the board of counselors in ten minutes or less due to the inescapable nature of a proficient shift/grabber.  Maybe if composure worked correctly as some are saying it wouldn't be as bad (still cheesy and somehow not F13, game Jason is more of a ghost constantly phasing in and out than an unstoppable stalker killer who chases his prey down) but in general a pocket knife is the only way to escape.  Even a fresh Jenny and Tommy who have ten in composure and have equipped Escape Artist can be shift grabbed without seeing Jason (meaning possessing the lowest fear possible) and will be put into a death animation before they can tap X fast enough.  It's just soooo easy it's boring.  Competent Jasons who have mastered the shift/grab often make the game very dull. Jukes only really work with Jasons who are still learning.  I pull them off frequently but against someone who has practiced lots of shift/grabbing, you can't really get away, even with a fast char like Tommy or Chad.  

So the first thing people do is ask for jason is supose to kill everyone if you die you die but if you escape gg but don't ask for nerfs or support them until everyone who has paid for the game a chance to play so till bug glitches servers are fixed then screw nerfs don't need i'm not calling you out or flaming game is aweek old and already asking for nerfs shit heres a nerf take jason right out and turn this game into broken destiny pvp with 1 shotgun on the map

10 hours ago, johnstx said:

Which is why they need to increase the time between grab and kill slightly, that's exactly what I said.

@munkt0r do not double post. I have merged your posts but I have come across a few now from you that I have had to merge. If you want to add onto something please use the edit button.