Sign in to follow this  
Austin.JM

Jason trap nerf

So I was playing a match and Jason set down three traps in a small area outside of a cabin in the main road, and myself and two other counselors who were full health each stepped in one and were all put into the injured state where you can't sprint then Jason showed up and killed everyone, Jason's is so overpowered as it is as he should be but the traps need to deal a significant less amount of damage than what they do allowing a counselor a chance to escape especially since they alert Jason to when their triggered 

Eh.  I just wish there were ways for the counselors to trigger them.  It sucks when you know the traps are there but can't do anything about it.  I don't mind them being powerful but the way they act as barriers is a bit annoying. In lieu of making them easy to trigger, maybe they should have a limited life before they automatically trigger and regen in in Jason's inventory.  That way he could still use them to lay a trap for someone hiding in a cabin, but not as an impenetrable barrier around the car and phone box.

You must be playing a weak character...

Brandon, Tommy and couple other guys don't go in to injured state after a single trap.

The only characters this happens to are characters like A.J. which is a good trade off considering she's the stealthiest character in the game. Jenny is probably another weak individual that gets injured instantly from traps... I think your characters max hit points has something to due with your characters strength levels... lower strength = lower hit points.

I main Brandon and I have a perk that decreases Jason's damage by 42% (Rare one) and he can tank like 7 axe swings before going down... normally it's around 3 or 4.

Rolling that perk might help with the incoming trap damage...

The thing is, Jason is balanced right now for a group of counselors with Epic perks equipped... He seems broken because no body works together to fight him. If you actually stick around to help fellow counselors when he shows up you might actually make it out... If he constantly grabs one of you and someone else smacks him, you'll stun him and save the persons life.

If someone gets caught in a trap the best way to deal with it is to heal them immediately, or heal yourself if you're the one caught. Another way to deal with it is to wait for him to grab the person out of the trap then just smack Jason so he drops the guy... I know this all sounds insanely coordinated but that's exactly how you have to play the game... if you go lone wolf you're going to die much faster.

It sucks you were all three in that situation but that's how the game goes... You're not really supposed to be surviving, the game is heavily Jason favored, you're just supposed to play it out like a horror movie. Never give up, keep trying to run even if you're injured and hopefully someone either saves you or you heal up and live to run some more...

People also have to realize it's 7 v 1.

That's 7 brains against 1 guy... If everyone is smart enough, you can escape in less than 3 minutes never giving Jason a chance to even see you... I've done it numerous times... I'm not saying every match goes like that, sometimes I die in the first 2 minutes just due to bad luck and the skill of the Jason player... but yeah traps I think are fine. He only gets so many and once they're triggered they're gone forever, he can never re-position them.

I think before reducing trap damage we should reduce trap count. Right now it's -3, 5, +7. It should be -2, 4, +6.

But that is ONLY if pocket knives are the only way to disarm traps. If we could sacrifice a weapon to spring a trap, then I'm fine with the current trap count.

4 minutes ago, XRizerX said:

You must be playing a weak character...

Brandon, Tommy and couple other guys don't go in to injured state after a single trap.

The only characters this happens to are characters like A.J. which is a good trade off considering she's the stealthiest character in the game. Jenny is probably another weak individual that gets injured instantly from traps... I think your characters max hit points has something to due with your characters strength levels... lower strength = lower hit points.

I main Brandon and I have a perk that decreases Jason's damage by 42% (Rare one) and he can tank like 7 axe swings before going down... normally it's around 3 or 4.

Rolling that perk might help with the incoming trap damage...

The thing is, Jason is balanced right now for a group of counselors with Epic perks equipped... He seems broken because no body works together to fight him. If you actually stick around to help fellow counselors when he shows up you might actually make it out... If he constantly grabs one of you and someone else smacks him, you'll stun him and save the persons life.

If someone gets caught in a trap the best way to deal with it is to heal them immediately, or heal yourself if you're the one caught. Another way to deal with it is to wait for him to grab the person out of the trap then just smack Jason so he drops the guy... I know this all sounds insanely coordinated but that's exactly how you have to play the game... if you go lone wolf you're going to die much faster.

It sucks you were all three in that situation but that's how the game goes... You're not really supposed to be surviving, the game is heavily Jason favored, you're just supposed to play it out like a horror movie. Never give up, keep trying to run even if you're injured and hopefully someone either saves you or you heal up and live to run some more...

People also have to realize it's 7 v 1.

That's 7 brains against 1 guy... If everyone is smart enough, you can escape in less than 3 minutes never giving Jason a chance to even see you... I've done it numerous times... I'm not saying every match goes like that, sometimes I die in the first 2 minutes just due to bad luck and the skill of the Jason player... but yeah traps I think are fine. He only gets so many and once they're triggered they're gone forever, he can never re-position them.

This.

Counselors working together is key. You get a group of coordinated people and jason is going to have a heck of a time.

I wish they implement some sort of system to disarm traps (with pocket knife perhaps?).

Other than that I think traps are cool. :D