Sign in to follow this  
azmyth

Don't let Jason players use voice.

It breaks the immersion to have some 13 year old screaming at me while they are playing Jason. Yes, I know I can mute them but I don't think the players who are playing as Jason should be allowed to use voice chat, since when does Jason talk in any of the movies?

• Like 4

I make JASON GOES TO HELL-style grunts and growls when I'm Jason.

• Like 1

I agree with this. 

The initial settings should have Jason's mic muted with the option to un-mute it for quick matches in settings. 

Though Private matches should have it on. 

• Like 1

Dude there are some funny Jason players out there. I love the mic system in this game. XD I would just avoid playing with children.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, LawDog said:

Dude there are some funny Jason players out there. I love the mic system in this game. XD I would just avoid playing with children.

I met a Jason player singing "I'm sexy and I know it". Now if he only had a great singing voice :)

That seems like a petty request... "My immersion is broken so instead of muting players I want to ruin the fun of everyone else by not letting them talk to Jason."

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

That seems like a petty request... "My immersion is broken so instead of muting players I want to ruin the fun of everyone else by not letting them talk to Jason."

I can understand both sides of the fence. Some people like hearing Jason, others don't. Seems to me to be a reasonable request to put the option to turn off Jason's mic in the settings. Though I definitely do not want it completely removed from the game. Some of my favorite conversations in game are between Jason and myself. 

I have gotten numerous compliments on my Jason growls, and I feel it helps make the game scarier for the counselors, so I would be pretty disappointed if Jason was permanently muted.

I came here to post something similar. I think it would be best if there was a setting option for muting Jason. Ideally, it would mute him right before the opening campfire murder scene and unmute him right after the "returns home" scene. I don't mind players talking smack before or after the game, but it really makes the game feel kinda silly when Jason is chattering up a storm. Worse, most of these people think they are comedians and... aren't. I know the Twitch streamers love it, but making it an option gives the best of both worlds to all of us.

6 hours ago, ResolutionBlaze said:

I think wanting it removed completely would be petty, but wanting an option is not. Seriously, this is a game that was hyped on capturing the franchise. They got the rights. They got the music. They got Hodder. They got Savini. It seems they actually care about immersion. Some of us do too. 

• Like 1

I love that we can hear Jason, it's sometimes a more reliable warning than the music.

Next time you're breaking down a cabin door, tell the occupants you're here to talk to them about Jesus ?

• Like 2

some of the roleplaying Jason's have been the best funniest convo's I have had in the game, I would like it to be optional if it's added so some of us can enjoy the silliness that is Certain Jasons trying to Talk big or scary.

• Like 1

Try using MUTE instead of trying to demand what you want be I'm posed on everyone else. That's why it's there. USE it.

• Like 4

I like being able to talk as Jason some of the funniest moments is convos between Jason and the counsellors

• Like 3

I don't know, peoples immersion seemed greatly improved by my jason.

I have had people screaming in utter fear, or laughinh theyr asses of from korean Jason knocking on the door.

Also like to use it with stalk to pretend im a counselor

No, no, no, no, and a thousand times no. The best matches I've had in this game were because of amusing or charismatic people playing as Jason.

I mean seriously, you gonna take away the times where I am fucking with someone who's hiding inside a cabin, immediately yell out "OH FUCK, THE BOAT!", hit stalk, and wait for them to climb out of the window next to me? No way man.

• Like 2

I disagree completely i think the game is a little boring when Jason isn't talking at all. For instance when i'm Jason I role play as a creepy hillbilly from the sticks. I get great funny reactions every time! For me the voice system in this game/ communication makes this game 10x more Fun.

• Like 1

Nah, I say keep the mic on for Jason. I love playing with friends and taunting them when I find them.

Plus there was one game where the counselors were all trying to gather the parts for the car, battery and keys were located and when someone asked if anyone had gas, the Jason player was nearby and said "I've got gas", trolling the rest of us into thinking we could all get away.

There should be an option in the settings to mute Jason players. Why not? How does that hurt those that want to hear him if those that don't can select their preference.

Some people don't want to hear your attempts at being funny or lame impressions. Sorry. :P

• Like 1

Yes they're wanting to be too lazy to mute manually EVERY time.. so people like me can't play it cool in the lobby to avoid being muted and then start playing goodbye horses while they're chasing people XD

On a side note is there any large girl counsellors that could be added later - like about a size 14?

I can kind of agree on the side of stupid little kids yelling into the mic as Jason but I've also been in a round before where the Jason player would speak while having stalk activated or speak while they are like a cabin or two away and it's allowed me to escape so there is that plus side too it but there is a mute option it's really not that hard just to mute somebody. Quick little story, one time I was playing as Jason and there were 2 counselors left alive in the game and They obviously didn't know how the proximity voice chat works or that Jason can hear you when you speak so I was chasing them and they kept saying stuff like, go around the back! Or hide under the bed! And I kept finding exactly where they were because they kept telling each other their locations it was priceless and I was laughing the whole time as they yelled stuff like "HOW DID HE FIND US"

• Like 1