Sign in to follow this  
SInful Fox

Xbox one still pretty much broken..

Alot has gottrn better on the xbox, we can now use the shop, our lvl is back even though xp gained while bugged is gone forever, we can even login now.

However in many ways the xbox one client is still totally broken.. While database errors are more or less gone, we still get just as many disconnects and crashes, if you personally don't crash the host crashes and there goes 15 mins of your life.. I am not even sure I have been able to play 2 back to back matches without a crash in the 8 or so hours i played today..

Overall the crash/disconnect rate has to be close to 50%..

I just really hope tommorow brings a proper patch to these issues, at this rate people will end up making 2 player lobbies to just grind xp and cp.

• Like 3

I feel your pain. The first 4 matches played today were buttery smooth. No mic issues, no crashes, etc...

The next 7 games were a total loss. I fixed a fuse box, called cops, put gas and battery in car. Found keys and drove 3 of us to safety. while waiting for the last survivor, it crashed for everyone.I missed out on a ton of points! 

The database issue no longer exists for me thankfully. Im not bothering again until the patch hits. 

7 minutes ago, spoonman said:

I feel your pain. The first 4 matches played today were buttery smooth. No mic issues, no crashes, etc...

The next 7 games were a total loss. I fixed a fuse box, called cops, put gas and battery in car. Found keys and drove 3 of us to safety. while waiting for the last survivor, it crashed for everyone.I missed out on a ton of points! 

The database issue no longer exists for me thankfully. Im not bothering again until the patch hits. 

Ouch, that sucks, you did all the work for nothing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Ouch, that sucks, you did all the work for nothing.

I will never repeat that performance again.

1 hour ago, SInful Fox said:

Alot has gottrn better on the xbox, we can now use the shop, our lvl is back even though xp gained while bugged is gone forever, we can even login now.

However in many ways the xbox one client is still totally broken.. While database errors are more or less gone, we still get just as many disconnects and crashes, if you personally don't crash the host crashes and there goes 15 mins of your life.. I am not even sure I have been able to play 2 back to back matches without a crash in the 8 or so hours i played today..

Overall the crash/disconnect rate has to be close to 50%..

I just really hope tommorow brings a proper patch to these issues, at this rate people will end up making 2 player lobbies to just grind xp and cp.

Exactly the same apart from my crash rate being 90 odd %.I'm gonna list later the bullshit reasons it keeps giving me for the crashes happening. 

Can you search for a game yet? I haven't been able to do anything but Private on Xbox. So I've been sticking to PC.

Also don't like how fuzzy the console versions look compared to PC. Most games obviously don't match their PC counterparts. But you can tell there was room to make this look better...something must have gone wrong when optimizing.

• Like 2

Public sessions has never worked for me on xbox, i just use lfg thru the dash. That or join a few new friends I made. 

In regards to the graphics, I have a hard time believing the xbox version is running in 1080p as promised.

But honestly, none of that matters when the game begins. Its either really fun, or Im cussing when it crashes and I wasted 15 minutes and have nothing to show for it.

I have been playing a whole of bunch of sessions on XBOX through the game hub. I have unlocked new abilities, new Jasons, and new counselors. The connection issues and crashing hopefully will be fixed hopefully by the any of the week. They already said XBOX should get an update Wednesday. However finding a session to play on XBOX is easy through game hub. Fun game and one of my favorites. Graphics are good and perfect for it.

• Like 1

I've also had a ton of crashes.  I had 5 matches in a row crash or glitch on me.  On one, there were only two of us left (I had called Tommy, fixed the phone, called the cops, and put the battery in the two seater).  Right when I had just started the car, I heard him killing the other guy who was on the other side of the map.  I pulled up the map just to check out where he was and it froze.  I couldn't get out of the map.  On another, there were three of us left.  I had called the cops and was literally running down the road with one of the other survivors, heard the last other guy getting killed and when I was about 5 seconds from the exit, it kicked us to the lobby.  It's super frustrating.  I lost a ton of XP today because of stuff like that.  I'm still only level 5 after getting locked out for 3 days because of the database error and now having half of today ending with no XP in my matches.  

13 hours ago, spoonman said:

Public sessions has never worked for me on xbox, i just use lfg thru the dash. That or join a few new friends I made. 

In regards to the graphics, I have a hard time believing the xbox version is running in 1080p as promised.

But honestly, none of that matters when the game begins. Its either really fun, or Im cussing when it crashes and I wasted 15 minutes and have nothing to show for it.

There's no way that's 1080p lol

Don't get me wrong. The game is still fun as all hell. But I play a lot of games on PC / Xbox, and there usually isn't such a big discrepancy between the two in terms of graphics / performance. You can tell this must have been a challenge for the devs here. The 30 fps is fine, especially for a game like this, as much as I prefer 60+. But the fuzziness of the graphics when compared to the PC version is like night and day.

Even when trying to join a private match I cant always get in or the game locks up. Public matches do not work at all which I need, sometimes between the wife and kids I just want to hop on for a match or two and don't want to deal with trying to find a private match or play long. Very frustrating and I hope this gets fixed this week. Fix the bugs, glitches, and server issues and we have a pretty fun game here.

They said that the patch will probably not come till Wednesday due to the holiday. Microsoft has to clear patches through before they're allowed to release, it's part of their policy to ensure some game patch doesn't cause massive console crashes or something catastrophic. Since MS is on limited staff for the holiday, the patch probably just sat there till today and then someone will approve and push it through for tomorrow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

They said that the patch will probably not come till Wednesday due to the holiday. Microsoft has to clear patches through before they're allowed to release, it's part of their policy to ensure some game patch doesn't cause massive console crashes or something catastrophic. Since MS is on limited staff for the holiday, the patch probably just sat there till today and then someone will approve and push it through for tomorrow. 

This. It cant get here soon enough! Im not holding my breath for tomorrow tho. Anytime by Friday I'd imagine.

4 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Problem is when lack of patch causes the same ? lets just hope it fixes them when it finally comes

4 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

There's no way that's 1080p lol

Don't get me wrong. The game is still fun as all hell. But I play a lot of games on PC / Xbox, and there usually isn't such a big discrepancy between the two in terms of graphics / performance. You can tell this must have been a challenge for the devs here. The 30 fps is fine, especially for a game like this, as much as I prefer 60+. But the fuzziness of the graphics when compared to the PC version is like night and day.

Sounds about right. Been trying to play for 14 hours today and have earned.a grand total of around 2000xp due to being able to complete 1 in 20 odd games.

Just now, RAGEVIRUS said:

Sounds about right. Been trying to play for 14 hours today and have earned.a grand total of around 2000xp due to being able to complete 1 in 20 odd games.

Yeah same... id be suprised if anyone is 20 + yet on xbox due to the crashing :/

So i just saw theyr facebook post.. Xbox patch TBD? really guys.. It is extremly hard to not feel like xbox players are getting the shaft here. As we see a 4th patch roll out for the other two platforms which already perform considerably better, xbox users hope of wednesday fix atlast is crushed by a TBD.. Honestly has the patch even been sent in for verification, i mean afterall you have been claiming for days it is microsofts fault its not out yet..

• Like 2

Yep. Sounds like they really couldn't give 2 shits about xbox. Its all pc and ps fixes. Nevermind that we cant get into a game half the time and when we do, we only have a 3% chance of actually gaining xp from it.

1 minute ago, RAGEVIRUS said:

Yep. Sounds like they really couldn't give 2 shits about xbox. Its all pc and ps fixes. Nevermind that we cant get into a game half the time and when we do, we only have a 3% chance of actually gaining xp from it.

8 minutes ago, SInful Fox said:

So i just saw theyr facebook post.. Xbox patch TBD? really guys.. It is extremly hard to not feel like xbox players are getting the shaft here. As we see a 4th patch roll out for the other two platforms which already perform considerably better, xbox users hope of wednesday fix atlast is crushed by a TBD.. Honestly has the patch even been sent in for verification, i mean afterall you have been claiming for days it is microsofts fault its not out yet..

Microsoft's patching approval process is much more stringent. I believe it's more expensive to push patches through as well, but I could be wrong about that. Anyways, Microsoft reviews every patch to ensure that it doesn't cause any catastrophic issues when installed like corrupting hard drives or over-exerting everyone's fan. So in the interest of customer protection, us X-Box users also lag behind in patching for some products. 

It is indeed more expensive, but we payed for a product and we deserve to be given a playable one asap, this does not at all seem asap, and from the post i get the feeling it hasnt even been sent in yet, you would imagine that when they claimed it was bcoz of holidays it would take time, they would atleast send it in right away.

How long shall xbox users wait to get a playable product that doesnt crash every 30mins? a week, two, a month?

• Like 1

This cant be coincidence...

Saturday, yesterday, and today...4 matches straight without an issue. After that, every single friggin match either connection times out with 5 minutes left, or crashes to dashboard!!! :angry:

I don't know why. But it still tickles me to this day when someone calls it an "X-box". I know it's a small thing. But it's not like you actually ever see it that way anywhere.

No sense of entitlement here. They'll fix them when they can, we have to wait a little longer. So be it.