bocchiere

Change to make the grab less of an instant kill.

4 minutes ago, Gamerricky said:

Except the bat breaks easily so it's not like you can spam the bat anyways. I also don't see too many bats around the map maybe around 3 scattered around the map?

It doesnt matter that still doesnt change that strength doesnt affect anything except for maybe damage which is only for removing Jasons mask I think and its not like anyone is actually going to be using kill Jason strategy as a means of utlilizing their characters abilities.

Actually I think damage is what knocks jason down to the ground and stunning is that effect he gets when just looking away. It seems that knocking him down last's longer compared to stunning. I'm not sure if what i'm saying is true though.

• Like 1

I posted this on another  thread but I'm going to post it here to. I've said this a lot already but I'm going to keep saying it. In regards to combat and how it works Jason is fine. Maybe add some more recovery frames after a missed grab or more recovery frames after a missed or blocked attack but that would be as far as I go. Combat needs to work a little differently however on the counselor side. Swinging a weapon or holding block  should drain stamina  and strength should affect stamina cost for swinging and holding block. You should also be able to block Jason's grab and add more recovery frames to a blocked grab. They also need to add some invincibility frames for dodging because you can be grabbed out of your dodge animation. the only other thing that I would change is have strength affect attack speed. Everything else in regards to the insta grab insta kill I think it's fine. In any game you should never nerf but instead buff and the way that you can buff the counselors is through combat.

3 hours ago, Puddles said:

I also think that low strenght characthers should have a lower chance to stun Jason. As far I saw the Baseball bat is the only weapon with 4 points in the stun attribute, does it means 100% stun chance regardless of strenght?

I think currently strength only affects the damage, not the stun change. Stun might be related to Luck tho...

Friday-The-13th-The-Game-Weapon-Stats-Gu

Where did you find this chart I've never seen it.

4 minutes ago, bocchiere said:

Where did you find this chart I've never seen it.

Go in-game "How To Play" > "Counselors".

Just now, Puddles said:

Go in-game "How To Play" > "Counselors".

Ah. Yeah that's not in the xbox version... 

43 minutes ago, bocchiere said:

Ah. Yeah that's not in the xbox version... 

it's not YET in the Xbox version ;) it will be there soon.

I'm sorry but its hardly"instakill" when Jason grabs you. Councillors are always escaping his grip. At this rate Jason is gonna be useless if things get changed. Players moaning about his shift and this. God forbid he actually swings his weapon at you and you can't use your pocket knife. May as well cut his arms off and be done with it. But even then some would say his kicks and head butts hurt to much.

• Like 1

The grab is NOT hard to escape, PERIOD. I do it 95% of the time. Use the tools and mechanic they have given you. I saw someone sooo damned lazy that they just wanted to hold the E button down. That is pathetic.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, JPops said:

Here is my 2 cents on this discussion. I personally believe it's balanced and not a problem. I think people just want to run wild without consequences. There are consequences for your actions make wise decisions. If you are going to run in a straight line and be out in the wilderness well that is kind of dangerous. Limit your outside time as best you can. Have I been installed grabbed sure, it happens, made an error and was dead out in the open. Try ducking Into some cabins, do not run in one direction, make Jason work for it. 

This game comes at a learning curve but I am pretty confident as time passes players will be better and you will stand a better chance at surviving the night.

If he's grabs you and you aren't prepared well you kind of have it coming.

Balanced? Perhaps. Not a problem? Well, the problem is simply misunderstood. Currently grabs will cancel attacks mid swing resulting in no hit (even jason would flinch out of grabbing someone out of a full wind up swing with a bat), grabs can connect even without Jason facing the player (resulting in not being able to dodge properly based on visual cues), and netcode grabbing (getting grabbed well away from Jason). But we're kind of faced with either grabs getting fixed up or there being protections against some of these grabs that simply "happen" despite seemingly proper placement or play. Overall its an issue of feedback and grab feedback has been poor since beta.

So I don't really blame people for theorycrafting ways for grabs to work a bit better given how bad some of this feels currently. It just seems like they're thinking of this from the wrong angle.

18 hours ago, KPops said:

The grab is NOT hard to escape, PERIOD. I do it 95% of the time. Use the tools and mechanic they have given you. I saw someone sooo damned lazy that they just wanted to hold the E button down. That is pathetic.

I literally laughed out loud at this. 95% of the time what game are you playing? You must be the best player on the planet then.

On 5/30/2017 at 9:52 AM, JPops said:

Here is my 2 cents on this discussion. I personally believe it's balanced and not a problem. I think people just want to run wild without consequences. There are consequences for your actions make wise decisions. If you are going to run in a straight line and be out in the wilderness well that is kind of dangerous. Limit your outside time as best you can. Have I been installed grabbed sure, it happens, made an error and was dead out in the open. Try ducking Into some cabins, do not run in one direction, make Jason work for it. 

This game comes at a learning curve but I am pretty confident as time passes players will be better and you will stand a better chance at surviving the night.

If he's grabs you and you aren't prepared well you kind of have it coming.

This. 

Also it's a bit harder to make a grab than a basic melee hit so what would ever be the point to grab someone other than trophy hunters?

The Jason without a strong grip can kill a level 10 composure character before they can escape from his grip without being injured I just tested this in a private match like 10 times. There is no way anyone can say that is balanced and makes sense if you have zero chance to escape from his grip even in the most perfect circumstance, that means trying to escape from his grip is completely useless and the only way you could escape is if he doesnt use an execution on you immediately when he can.

• Like 1