bocchiere

Change to make the grab less of an instant kill.

5 hours ago, ConGamePro said:

That will happen to everyone at some point. It doesn't make it unfair. People making it seem like they are being killed 30 seconds into the match while they are on the outskirts of the map and I doubt that. My guess is early on people are near the vehicles or cabins, making themselves early targets for Jason. I always die faster if I don't camp at the start. 

It has happened to me. I died twice in a row in the first minute of the game. Me and others have been killed before we could even reach our first cabin. It's very frustrating to play a game where you die in the first minute of a 20 minute match.

NO Nerfing FFS! Learn to use the escape mechanic. It works. This isn't DBD and SURE AS HELL never should be, or feel ANYTHING like it.

People seem to think that this game is supposed to balance like every other game, it's not. However, the balance is off, but not because of Jason, but because of how easy it is to escape. I have only played as counselor and have escaped in less than 30 seconds.

Also, the insta-kill dog-whistle is being over used and blown out of proportion. Some people just can't help but conflate their perceived imbalances. I see more people escape the grab, than I see get killed by it. FACT.

11 hours ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

It has happened to me. I died twice in a row in the first minute of the game. Me and others have been killed before we could even reach our first cabin. It's very frustrating to play a game where you die in the first minute of a 20 minute match.

7HRS and have NEVER been killed in the first minute, EVER, however I have escaped multiple times within the first minute. Another conflated issue that is non-existent for people who understand the concept of how this game is supposed to function.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KPops said:

7HRS and have NEVER been killed in the first minute, EVER, however I have escaped multiple times within the first minute. Another conflated issue that is non-existent for people who understand the concept of how this game is supposed to function.

Watch what happens when the game spawns you in the open with no protection and Jason happens to choose your location to start with or it puts you next to a one room cabin with one window and Jason shows up. It happens.

2 hours ago, XFistsClenchedX said:

Watch what happens when the game spawns you in the open with no protection and Jason happens to choose your location to start with or it puts you next to a one room cabin with one window and Jason shows up. It happens.

If that happens to me, I'll laugh, like I do if I die, I'll watch the rest of the game and I'll play again. People like to conflate issues. The way you talk, you must be the unluckiest player in the entire game. You must always spawn there and Jason always warp there. I have yet to see it, so it doesn't happen as often as some would like to suggest. I HAVE spawned, in the open, next to the car, with a building with one window and guess what, never saw Jason there. I have spawned next to the car multiple times.

18 minutes ago, KPops said:

If that happens to me, I'll laugh, like I do if I die, I'll watch the rest of the game and I'll play again. People like to conflate issues. The way you talk, you must be the unluckiest player in the entire game. You must always spawn there and Jason always warp there. I have yet to see it, so it doesn't happen as often as some would like to suggest. I HAVE spawned, in the open, next to the car, with a building with one window and guess what, never saw Jason there. I have spawned next to the car multiple times.

If you are ok with getting killed in the first minute of a match and waiting 19 minutes to play again, that's fine. I'm not. Like I said, I'm not the only one that has happened to. The game is rapidly losing its novelty due to all of the issues with it.

And the other side of that is, YOU can escape in less than a minute so.... I have done it and seen it done. That needs to be fixed. But I'm not ranting about it, or conflating it.

I'm ok with it because it very rarely happens. I have played over seven hours and I died once very quickly, that was my very first game and it was because of the way I was playing. I have NEVER been killed like you state and have not seen it happen to others or heard anyone say it happened to them, while we were playing. Some people have an incident, once or twice, or just hear about it and then OH MY GOD, this happens every single game nearly, it's the most monster problem, it HAS to be fixed, etc... ALOT of people express their "issues" in the exact same, conflated, exists but severely conflated for attention.

This is actually just the most used dog whistle, by the group that want Jason nerfed because they think it's a great argument and has already been severely conflated, so it looks like a problem and it actually RARELY happens, if it actually does even happen and this just isn't something being spread to try to get a desired outcome, which is nerfing Jason.

I've spent a majority of tonight playing Adam. I get picked up multiple times in a match and escape. Jason's ask me how I find so many pocket knives. I tell them it's my characters stats and my A button mashgame. 

I think the game is fine in initial play mechanics on the whole. The grab is good where it is. 

Also weak grabs will equal hack and slash and that's no fun. The grab and proximity kills are worth the risk of taking a pocket knife to see. 

Some of you still don't seem to understand that this is intended to be incredibly unfair. Most of the time you shouldn't even get the opportunity to escape the grab. Pocket knives shouldn't be successful every time. You're not expected to survive a head to head encounter with Jason. Last night seemed to be incredibly unlucky for me. I was the only one on my side of the map and thought I was completely hidden but big J just would not leave. Two minutes, dead. Oh well. That's how this works. 

Jason is in no way OP. None of his abilities are OP. 

I think Jason's grab is op, sometimes he teleports near me, grab me, and perform a kill. If it happens in the very start of the match I just leave and go another match, I don't feel motivated to hope for someone to find the Radio and call Tommy so I have a chance of spawning again. It is very frustrating when you don't even use Jog or Sprint and Jason still Morph near you, grab and kill you in yhe very start of the match.

I have 2 suggestions to balance this:

1- Jason should be unable to grab unharmed (full life) counselors. Forcing jason to harm them before being able to grab/kill them.

2- Another suggestion is, a mini game pops when Jason grabs a counselor, if Jason wins the mini game he can perfom a kill, if Counselor wins the mini game he escape from the grab. The more injured the counselors is, easier is the mini game for Jason and harder for the counselor.

6 minutes ago, Puddles said:

I think Jason's grab is op, sometimes he teleports near me, grab me, and perform a kill. If it happens in the very start of the match I just leave and go another match, I don't feel motivated to hope for someone to find the Radio and call Tommy so I have a chance of spawning again. It is very frustrating when you don't even use Jog or Sprint and Jason still Morph near you, grab and kill you in yhe very start of the match.

I have 2 suggestions to balance this:

1- Jason should be unable to grab unharmed (full life) counselors. Forcing jason to harm them before being able to grab/kill them.

2- Another suggestion is, a mini game pops when Jason grabs a counselor, if Jason wins the mini game he can perfom a kill, if Counselor wins the mini game he escape from the grab. The more injured the counselors is, easier is the mini game for Jason and harder for the counselor.

It's not supposed to be fair! What you're asking for is a chance to get away. You should not get this chance. You're asking for balance, this should be anything but balanced. 

Counselors are lucky enough to have the pocket knife which in my opinion shouldn't be a guaranteed stun. Pocket knives should fail at least 25 percent of the time.

I understand every counselor runs the chance of being caught and killed two minutes into the match but that's just the way it is. 

This should be the most unfair game that's ever been played. Counselors should perish 8 out of every 10 tries. 

i could say this is completly stupid this unbalance, conselor need more things to balance the game (even if it's not really match too much the movies series, Tommy survive 3 times, and many people survive, Jason are not a god in the movies, i remenber Jason was affraid of the chainsaw, who's not affraid of this ^^')

i think to be more fair Jason can have a cooldown for the Grab because it's stupid (i try to fight with him many times but nobody, completly nobody who's play Jason want to fight they only want to grab you to kill you the most quickly to win pointss --' it's stupid to see Jason who's try 6 times to grab you, if you hit Jason, don't ever think he gonna try to hit you, nah...., he always gonna grab you because it's too easy to kill you like this)

the quick time event for me it's not a problem but for me the Grab should me more a finisher like you have to be completly soon has dead for Jason can grab you.

I can tell this his completly impossible to escape Jason if your his target.

For me there is another big completly more big problem, is the thermal vision for Jason it's completly no sense, i see many Jason who's enter in a house didn't find his target and go out active he's power only for see if the conselors was still inside the RED house.

yes the red house what the metter of putting a hiding system if Jason see you inside the house, completly stupid you have more luck of try to troll Jason, and don't worry if any change gonna be put, you gonna see only conselors do the cercle with the car jog and be protected by the distance of the car and win stamina the time Jason rejoin you and do this the times other conselors do all the job with the cops.

So if you didn't make system more useful than (like the combat system you put and the hiding system) then nobody gonna use it anymore.

Even if you have good perk for hiding there is always a stupid players who's don't want to die and run in you direction to try to put Jason on your back (it's never work it's make two people die, and make the match completly destroyed, because the players who's run like a pussy doesn't care if you have the gas or the battery, i understand more good why people kill other conselors who's go more close of them)

if you didn't rebalance the game more soon, then you can change the name of this game and put this name : "Evolve 2" (because the game gonna have the same price in 1 or 2 mouths i tell you for sure).

Sorry for all this text but there is so much problem in this game and it's normal but in this years you have to do update more quick if you don't want players leaving your game

PLS : the blondy guy (yellow hairs) have a bug when if enter in a tent, it's create clone of themself who's always run and you can't do anything, only have to wait to die with you blondy guy who's always running it's make so much noise (you can't leave the tent so you don't see where you go)

Same thing again. 

You want a 50/50 balanced game. You bought the wrong game. 

This game is not intended to be fair. If you're one of the people who think Jason is too OP, or the balance is off, you're not going to enjoy this game.

And anyone who thinks the combat system needs to be more fair should just play a fighting game. Come on.

This game should never...EVER become more balanced. If anything, as I've said before, Jason should be stronger.

If you want Jason become more strong i tell you this game gonna be Evolve 2, why ? because in Evolve, many players ask the monsters to be more strong and the hunters more weak, what happening after the developper put this, in the game ? the game was deserted and you can buy it for only 5$ now, it's happen for Battleborn too if the GAME i write it in big because even if it's a game from the movies Friday the 13 it's still a game and a game it's for be fun if the players was always frustrated then they go to another one, after if the developper desoen't care of winning money, then no problem only people who's love the game gonna play it but after it's gonna be 30 minutes to find a match.

If the game was too much unbalanced then the players gonna be frusted and leave the game, so the publicity after things like this, make him to be unpopular and then you can see this game for 5 or 10$ in 1 month.

I don't want the game to be deserted, so quickly, only because your love too much Jason and only Jason (i don't tell your love him, but your know what i mean ^^')

the next "big" game make many players leave Friday the 13 the game, so it's gonna be more difficult to find a match after.

And if you want to be more respecteful form the movies, i never see Jason watch a house and see it red or see all people in Red in the forest, you really think Jason who's receive so much things in the eyes have the possibility to have more good eyes than others ? Jason is not really Jason in this game, why not put the Predator mask with the dreadlocks on him, why the clothes of Songoku from DragonBall Z  because it's teleport everywhere (it's a jock don't do this ^^')

I certainly think he kills you way too fast sometimes, for example one time I was grabbed and "kill animation'ed" within like 1 sec so my friends couldn't react. Something has to be changed, but I don't know about the QTE system, what if my brain just decides to suck at QTE's? Then I would be dead no matter what most of the time. It might work though I don't know, but I feel like it gives certain people a big advantage.

ohhh i say this because i play 3 times with Jason and i finish all the match in 2 or 3 minutes by killing everyone (using many different kill from the grab i search calmly where i can kill them, so they leave sometimes from the grab but i retake them 1 sec after they start to run and i eat a hotdog in same time of killing two guy , too much easy for me to be Jason) and i always be kicked after the match was ended (i don't understand why ? i do my job killing everyone and taking my time, so why i was always kicked after ?). 

i can tell only the newbie with Jason make the conselors adding more chance to survive, because i didn't see a match during more then 8 minutes

when i was a conselors more maybe because there too much conselors, who's only sprint without having Jason on them back, so it's only make Jason teleport directely to them and then your the next one, because your in the next house, even if you was hiding because Jason see your house in red, yayy !! i love to hide in this game :) no i'm joking it's the more useless things i ever see in a game maybe because there is a perk for this, i don't know.

mmm maybe the last survivor cannot be grabbed directely, he have to be hurted before, it's can be more interesing, and gonna put more the combat system useful.

i don't know if it's a problem for you but when you have Jason on your back and you closes a door and you try to fortify it, it's always happen you try and try again because you have to hold the same input of the open/close door so it's could be great to put another input for this.

or close the door and advance to the outside, so Jason grab you directly i love this when it's happen (it's not happen always but for me the input for the consedlors have to be refixed to match more easyly the gameplay like on input to close the door but go outside and one for close but go inside, i talk for Ps4, on pc i don't know if they can change the input or not)

mmm many things to fixe for the game to be more fun when you have the conselors (of course it's "fun" when you have Jason you can kill everybody, it's too much easy)

@rickyount02

Are you a developer of this game? If yes, I totally respect your position regarding this and I hope that the majority of unsatisfied community with "grab OP" change your mind. If No, please don't try to tell everyone on this forum what the game is supposed to be, (unfair, unbalanced or whatever you think it should), because your opinion is just your opinion and not the truth.

It's up to the devs to know if they want:

1- A duck hunt game where the only big challenge for Jason is to find counselors by pressing 2, once Jason find someone, use 3, grab your duck and 1, 2, 3 or 4!

2- A more challenging game for both Jason and Counselors, where the challenge is not only Hide and Seek, but also Hunt and Escape.

All we can do is give our opinion and feedback, but after all it is up to the devs to choose what kind of changes they want in THEIR game.

All I can tell for sure is my experience, I have something like 50% survival rate with counselors and usually I kill everyone as Jason (sometimes 1 or 2 escapes, usually due time or boat, but never a big group such as counselors calling police or a full 4 seat car). I find harder to achieve the game objectives as Counselor than Jason.

This is my feedback and opinion, not the truth.

Regarding Grab (2 suggestions):

Regarding survivor items:

I think it shouldn't be allowed for counselors to carry more than 1 of any item type. I think it would be more fun this way. It is pretty annoying when a survivor carries 3 knifes or 3 sprays (so he can keep dolphin jumping in all broken windows in the game).

• Like 1

i don't tell to do this i suggest to them to do it, if you read more carefully i didn't order them anything i only tell what's gonna happen because i only see this happen on many games,

After if they do what they want it's good but i play video game since 1990 now and i start to devellop indie game so i know what i'm talking a little. but it's not the subject of this topic and i'm apologize to go to much in all direction but it's more for the good of the new customers not the people who's already have it.

It's my opinion and suggestion, take care of it or not has you wish, and i stop hear this conversation and go to sleep have a great night.

I think they should just make a type of punishment or something if Jason misses his grabs or swings towards the Councilors. I've run into to many spam grab Jasons. maybe like a slowing effect or something idk. 

If they are going to keep the mash button minigame to escape from Jason there needs to be more time to escape because you have no chance of escaping by mashing the button he can use execution immediately, so theres no point in that even being in the game if it never works, literally I do not think I have ever escaped unless it was intentional and thats playing with a 7 composure character and if I can even fill the escape bar 50% of the way thats impressive. So why is this mechanic in the game if it serves no purpose? I am not saying Jason needs be nerfed but if they are going to keep THAT system in the game it needs to serve a purpose. The strength mechanic in the game is also completely flawed and useless, you can stun Jason with a level 1 strength character every time this should not be allowed. So the best way to fix this is make strength MUCH more useful than it is now, so if you are playing a character that has level 1 strength you should basically never be able to stun Jason but if you have 10 strength then you have a good chance. The best way I can think of implementing this is to make strength increase the speed that a character swings his weapon and recovers from a swing as well as higher chance to stun Jason. Then change his grab to be less of an instant kill by giving you more time to escape and im not saying you should be able to escape every time but if you have a 7 composure character and you have zero chance of escaping from his grab obviously something is wrong with that system, you should actually have a chance of escaping. This will force Jason to actually use the melee attack or his other abilities to kill counselors, instead of using the grab instant kill strategy that works every single time unless you just happen to have a pocket knife.

I recently got a Red perk that gives me a 15 percent better chance of breaking out of jasons grabs ((Might have an even higher bonus than 15)). I'm curious to try it with a  high perception character ((Like Jenny)) just to see how much faster I can actually break out and if perks can help to fix it. I know I tried it with deborah but felt not much of a difference...

Also my problem with your suggestion with strength is it ends up screwing up low strength characters even more. Not only can we not mash out of grabs but now we can't stun him either? Sounds kinda bad >_>

7 minutes ago, Gamerricky said:

I recently got a Red perk that gives me a 15 percent better chance of breaking out of jasons grabs ((Might have an even higher bonus than 15)). I'm curious to try it with a  high perception character ((Like Jenny)) just to see how much faster I can actually break out and if perks can help to fix it. I know I tried it with deborah but felt not much of a difference...

Also my problem with your suggestion with strength is it ends up screwing up low strength characters even more. Not only can we not mash out of grabs but now we can't stun him either? Sounds kinda bad >_>

Thats the whole point if you are a low strength character you shouldnt be trying to stun Jason in the first place

I suppose but if you don't have a choice and you're the only one then what? I don't know I feel like certain weapons should be able to have their stun rates like bats not be effected by strength. 

I also think that low strenght characthers should have a lower chance to stun Jason. As far I saw the Baseball bat is the only weapon with 4 points in the stun attribute, does it means 100% stun chance regardless of strenght?

I think currently strength only affects the damage, not the stun change. Stun might be related to Luck tho...

Friday-The-13th-The-Game-Weapon-Stats-Gu

1 minute ago, Gamerricky said:

I suppose but if you don't have a choice and you're the only one then what? I don't know I feel like certain weapons should be able to have their stun rates like bats not be effected by strength. 

That makes no sense to me because then everyone will take a level 1 strength character and grab a bat since it makes no difference? As the game is right now there is literally no difference between 1 strength and 10 strength and theres no way anyone can say that makes sense. If there is a difference between different strength levels that im not aware of I would like to know what it is.

Except the bat breaks easily so it's not like you can spam the bat anyways. I also don't see too many bats around the map maybe around 3 scattered around the map?