wes

UPDATE #2 - Databases Errors, Profile Saves and Missing XP

54 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Wes.....Ive been severely critical of you guys lately. I still have feelings about certain other issues but I have to say this......the game is so much fun. You guys put out an insanely fun and unique experience. The people I play with are also saying the same thing. Bugs and, at the end of the day its simply so. Much. Fun. 

Being critical is understandable. We thought we had a grasp on the amount of players/database pre-launch. We didn't. We're doing our best to right that screw up. So being critical is fair. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IH8YH said:

can we get the codes for the dynamic theme as a "sorry for the delay"-Thanks ?! i mean us backers financed the game and we dont get to enjoy the free theme that is bundled when you buy it now.....

This was a promotional thing with Sony's marketing team. They wanted a bundle so they could compete. Sony has dynamic themes, MS doesn't. So it wasn't a "what can Gun do to screw our backers." kinda thing. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wes said:

Being critical is understandable. We thought we had a grasp on the amount of players/database pre-launch. We didn't. We're doing our best to right that screw up. So being critical is fair. 

This is why you guys are the best. I've even been seeing this catching on online...Lots of people on the facebook page are praising you guys for your transparency in all of this. More devs need to take note of how you guys handle situations. Own up, and fix it.

Keep up the great work guys! It'll get there!

10 hours ago, CreepingDeath said:

Some people need to understand that this works a lot like a hospital triage after a big accident. Some people have cuts and bruises = low priority, some people have broken bones = mid priority, internal bleeding and brain swelling = high priority. 

I Imagine that Gun/Illfonic want everyone that paid to be able to play. Then when everyone is playing, they would probably need to make sure that they are having a smooth time joining and playing matches with the least amount of errors and bugs. Then I imagine perks and xp issues, along with dlc being a little behind. 

Great analogy. That's exactly what it's like.

9 hours ago, wes said:

And honestly, I like it much better this way than the other way around. Be geared up for masses of people and get way fewer than you were expecting. In a perfect world, you'd hit the nail on the head, but this ain't no perfect world. Really love the frankness on the part of the devs as well.

Also, Jpops or another mod will you please merge these two posts. I tried to myself as I didn't realize I was creating a second post but it won't let me do away with one. My bad.   

• Like 1

I have been suffering from a throat virus since Saturday evening, my heart rate's been racing for the past couple days from cold medication and I only got about two hours of broken sleep last night in a terrible night meaning I have a bad headache and sore eyes as well.

So I may not be game ready, but this thread and responses have really done a nice job cheering me up some :)

16 minutes ago, DamonD7 said:

I have been suffering from a throat virus since Saturday evening, my heart rate's been racing for the past couple days from cold medication and I only got about two hours of broken sleep last night in a terrible night meaning I have a bad headache and sore eyes as well.

So I may not be game ready, but this thread and responses have really done a nice job cheering me up some :)

Same here. Horrible sinus infection. I've coughed more times the past week than Jason's bodycount this weekend. Haha!

Feel better soon guys

As far as screw ups go, at least the cause of it is positive news. You guys created a hell of a monster here that everyone just wants to play. That part, at least, is awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wes said:

This was a promotional thing with Sony's marketing team. They wanted a bundle so they could compete. Sony has dynamic themes, MS doesn't. So it wasn't a "what can Gun do to screw our backers." kinda thing. 

Is there by chance any way the backers can get it? Any way codes for it could be distributed? I'm a PS4 console backer and I had no clue that when it was available originally it was merely an accident or I would've rushed and downloaded it right away. Would love to use the theme.

Also, I appreciate that you guys have been posting updates here as I don't keep track of Twitter, Reddit, or Discord on the F13 game front. I've been sick myself so I haven't been rushing to play, but glad to know that fixes are being rolled out. I've also been one that has been critical and I gotta say I have a lot of respect for a follow up on what's going on and admitting that not everything's a-okay as well as owning that you have figured out issues and some fixes. As another person said, I'd also be interested to know if backers will get their physical copies before the game hits stores whenever you guys get things sorted or have the time.

5 hours ago, wes said:

That to me sounds more like a "What Sony can do to screw Microsoft over" kinda thing, which is why I am assuming xbox still has issues and the AMD issue on pc isn't getting a look in. Can't be pissing Sony off can we?

5 hours ago, wes said:

This doesn't answer the question. Ronnie stated the theme would be available before launch. And it's your content not Sony's. So Sony saying they want to make a bundle and you agreeing is your decision not theirs. Giving away a theme to non pre-orders and excluding backers is a screw you to the backers. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wes said:

SOny marketing or not, that still doesnt answer my question....
as the theme was available for free by accident before launch, there has to be a way to download it via Codes. so what up with us backers?! You and SOny in the end need to somehow make up for the delay of the DLC we PAID for, that is coming later because someone (and i am not pointing fingers at anyone, but someONE or something has to be responsible for the delay of out ALREADY PAID content) made mistakes. and i would really like a compensation for my/our patience. should be not to hard to get that done, especially when its a compensation that should cost no one extra as its already done and can easily be made available.

Wes, game is 100% optimized or you can optimize it more? Because in certain areas and games we have a FPS drop. would be nice if you could increase the FPS.

Thanks for your hard work , we are here to support you and help ;)

As a dev team you are unstopable, amazing ;)

a game on launch is NEVER fully optimized so you can be sure that with future patches there will be some smoothings in there

I play on Xbox 1 and have put in a good amount of time over the release weekend, love the game, great job on capturing the atmosphere of the movies. I wanted to share a crash bug I have encountered multiple times. When drawing up (ads) a shotgun or flare gun - as kenny - while sprinting, this happened on all three maps most notably - Crystal Lake - Crystal Lake is where I have experienced most crashes, admittedly I play this map the most (home town was the one in the movie, went to summer camp a lake over from the boyscout camp used in the movie =D) - Hope this info helps you all find some issues!

You'd have to load up the current patch as well, yeah, it's just like any other game.
When you try to start the game, you should be prompted to download that update, or you can go look in your Games & Apps section.

Just that one, patches supercede each other, so you wouldn't have to do all...whatever it's been, seven or eight patches.