Why is this allowed?

It doesn't make any sense and just feeds trolls.

I wait close to ten minutes to find a match, finally start it, then I get killed by some troll.

Please fix this.

• Like 1

I barely find that happen to me, do you run to the same cabin as another person at the start?, that would make sense because everyones racing to get the good stuff.

my main issue is people running in front of your car like an idiot when your being chased especially xD

During a Jason grab at least, damage should be jason specific. I have killed numerous and been killed numerous times trying to save another player. That negative 200 exp really sucks

8 hours ago, CapnHowdy said:

Why is this allowed?

It doesn't make any sense and just feeds trolls.

I wait close to ten minutes to find a match, finally start it, then I get killed by some troll.

Please fix this.

Makes plenty of sense. Teamwork is optional. A rogue counselor is gonna have a tough time, especially given most objectives really require multiple people working together to get done. With the minus to xp, not really worth it. Even to get the "good" stuff. Most trolls will bore really quickly and move one. Otherwise, just keep a list of douche bags you don't want to group with and ignore them / leave lobbies they are in.

No need for a vote to kick that can easily be abused and used in a troll fashion. With the herd mentality, a lot of people will vote yes just because it was initiated even if there is no reason listed in comments. Happens all the time in MMO's with the feature. Or people will initiate a vote to kick cause the other player is "a baddie". I'm totally cool with no vote to kick feature. 

Are you sure you aren't exaggerating a bit there with "waiting ten minutes for a match? I've never waited longer than 30 secs, and most of that is for the ready check shit. 

Me and someone else had a little buddy system going for us. We were both crouching around, trying not to get caught, when a Vanessa runs up by us and starts to follow us. We led her to a cabin, and beat her to death with a bat and wrench. Do I think friendly fire should be disallowed? No. That fucking Vanessa deserved it, and future ones do too.

Umm, why exactly did this person deserve to be killed?
Maybe they were a noob and didn't know what else to do than to stick close to other counselors and that Vanessa is garbage.

Today we had a troll attacking other counselors when I was Jason. I heard them in the cabin as I was outside. The one troll attacked the other players "who did not have a weapon yet" so that they would be easy prey and he could get away. Because he was being so obnoxious by laughing and mocking them, I worked with the other counselors and killed him. Then I went back to mothers cabin and gave everyone 60 seconds before I started the game again. 

What I think should happen is, if you attack or kill another player you light up red to Jason for a set time no matter the distance and all your stats or reduced for the time limit. Attacking another player "to a certain degree because accidents happen" should put a target on your back and exclude you from coming back as Tommy.  

Edit

Also, I ran into one Troll that I think was on some other TS/Discord with the currant Jason. As I ran into a room to search that had no windows the player stood in front of the doorway so I could not leave. Then in a few moments Jason showed up, did not attack him as he moved out of the way so Jason could get in the room then quickly blocked the exit again. 

For this, please add a system that lets us slide by/through players who are blocking our path. The collision needs to be in the game between players, however there needs to be a way to pass through players if they do not move out of the way. 

• Like 1

I like the idea of having a counselor that kills another counselor show up as red.  They should show up as red on Jason's HUD AND on his map so he can easily find him and kill him.

I think there should be a XP penalty for killing another counselor as well.  either -500 or -1000 XP for every counselor that you kill.  If you make it any less of a hit then people won't care and will continue to do it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Zephadus said:

Umm, why exactly did this person deserve to be killed?
Maybe they were a noob and didn't know what else to do than to stick close to other counselors and that Vanessa is garbage.

Because it's still an immersive game/sim. That Vanessa was going to get them killed. Better her than them since she'd likely follow them around like a lost puppy. I can also make a case for wanting to survive and someone dangling car keys about it, or refusing to start the car. This is the only way to reconcile these situations. If someone won't shut up when people are trying to hide, if they're constantly sprinting circles around them, if they're unlocking doors in cabins, well you can take care of it.

If people don't want to die from such situations then they need to learn either how to play or how not to be a dick, depending on the situation.

EDIT: reply to rnjmur - there already is a penalty, and if it were any steeper it would severely and unfairly punish accidental friendly fire, which occurs *way more often* than intentional friendly fire. Also there should be no additional penalties for the exact reasons I outlined - there are very real and legitimate reasons to kill another counselor who is hindering you or otherwise getting you killed (whether intentionally or unintentionally).

29 minutes ago, nax said:

Because it's still an immersive game/sim. That Vanessa was going to get them killed. Better her than them since she'd likely follow them around like a lost puppy. I can also make a case for wanting to survive and someone dangling car keys about it, or refusing to start the car. This is the only way to reconcile these situations. If someone won't shut up when people are trying to hide, if they're constantly sprinting circles around them, if they're unlocking doors in cabins, well you can take care of it.

If people don't want to die from such situations then they need to learn either how to play or how not to be a dick, depending on the situation.

EDIT: reply to rnjmur - there already is a penalty, and if it were any steeper it would severely and unfairly punish accidental friendly fire, which occurs *way more often* than intentional friendly fire. Also there should be no additional penalties for the exact reasons I outlined - there are very real and legitimate reasons to kill another counselor who is hindering you or otherwise getting you killed (whether intentionally or unintentionally).

Yes that is why vote kick needs to be in the game and friendly fire turned off what if all the counselors turned it into a free for all and everyone killed each other that ruins the game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terminator52 said:

Yes that is why vote kick needs to be in the game and friendly fire turned off what if all the counselors turned it into a free for all and everyone killed each other that ruins the game

Because then people will get kicked for no reason. Yea getting killed by another camper sucks but at least you still get the xp bonus for finishing the match. But if you get kicked for illegitimate reasons then you get no xp and it's just frustrating. 

I got -200 XP because a wounded Vanessa stepped into a trap I put down at the beginning of the match and died.

I did not mind and found it pretty funny once I realized what actually happened. However seeing as I was the only one left alive after then, having my skills lowered and being instantly visible to Jason would suck. Especially when I did not do that on purpose.

I also had people jump in front of the car from nowhere while I was driving and I did not manage to stop in time so I ran then over.

I like that this is an option in the game and I rarely encountered any trolls. I think it is a perfectly acceptable feature.

well fucking things over for others, like stealing the car or something should not be banned at all.....

Hurting other players with a weapon should be punished by taking XP away. Others running into traps i placed should NOT be penalised.

but ACTUALLY KILLING another counselor (if it should happen with a used weapon, not a trap), should be SEVERLY punished. with a massive XP reduction and maybe even a timed ban, like 30 minutes or so.

• Like 2

Strangely enough.

I guess I've lucked out in the griefer/tk department. I've only come across people trying to use map glitches.

HOWEVER

There have been times where I've wanted to shoot others who aren't helping and just trying to horde items to escape with their best friend or whatnot.

I literally had one game where a pair of friends kept whining about where parts were for the two seater, they literally weren't helping anyone at all and just bitching and moaning about car parts. I had the keys and I never bothered since the 4 seater was still around.

I'm not saying this game needs to always be team oriented, because that wasn't the clear intention in development. i'm just saying after a while...it gets old. Find the fucking parts yourselves.

31 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

There have been times where I've wanted to shoot others who aren't helping and just trying to horde items to escape with their best friend or whatnot.

its survival of the fittest :) its kinds of a normal thing even...... in a life and death situation i would care about my friends first too, then the rest

Surprisingly I have only been murdered once (maliciously) by another counselor, and it was because he was friends with the player who was Jason.

Any other time I have been murdered by counselor, it was because someone was trying to save me from Jason and shot me by accident or hit me when we were fighting back.

13 hours ago, nax said:

I see your point and I agree that there maybe a legitimate reason for it.  Perhaps an exponential penalty then.  If you kill a counselor on purpose you get a lower penalty.  If you kill a second counselor the negative XP doubles.  If you kill another counselor then negative XP doubles that, i.e, first counselor kill = -100, second = -200, third = -400, or something along those lines.

In a normal game situation I could see having no negative XP for killing a counselor so you could steal car keys, a gun, or just stop them from getting you killed.  The issue is that every time I have tried to play the game during the day half the games are one or two counselors running around killing all the other counselors just to troll.  I pretty much refuse to play earlier than 10PM because it is nothing but trolls on until then.  I have built up a few friends that I can play good games with but even then unless you have enough people for a private match you still end up with trolls joining the game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rnjmur said:

I see your point and I agree that there maybe a legitimate reason for it.  Perhaps an exponential penalty then.  If you kill a counselor on purpose you get a lower penalty.  If you kill a second counselor the negative XP doubles.  If you kill another counselor then negative XP doubles that, i.e, first counselor kill = -100, second = -200, third = -400, or something along those lines.

In a normal game situation I could see having no negative XP for killing a counselor so you could steal car keys, a gun, or just stop them from getting you killed.  The issue is that every time I have tried to play the game during the day half the games are one or two counselors running around killing all the other counselors just to troll.  I pretty much refuse to play earlier than 10PM because it is nothing but trolls on until then.  I have built up a few friends that I can play good games with but even then unless you have enough people for a private match you still end up with trolls joining the game.

Some older FPS games had a complaint system for when you take damage from or killed by a teammate. It was a great way to not penalize accidents and might work well here.

Personally I haven't met many troll players yet, but I'm all for nerfing their stats or making them more visible to Jason.

15 hours ago, Dadpool said:

Today we had a troll attacking other counselors when I was Jason. I heard them in the cabin as I was outside. The one troll attacked the other players "who did not have a weapon yet" so that they would be easy prey and he could get away. Because he was being so obnoxious by laughing and mocking them, I worked with the other counselors and killed him. Then I went back to mothers cabin and gave everyone 60 seconds before I started the game again. 

What I think should happen is, if you attack or kill another player you light up red to Jason for a set time no matter the distance and all your stats or reduced for the time limit. Attacking another player "to a certain degree because accidents happen" should put a target on your back and exclude you from coming back as Tommy.  

Edit

Also, I ran into one Troll that I think was on some other TS/Discord with the currant Jason. As I ran into a room to search that had no windows the player stood in front of the doorway so I could not leave. Then in a few moments Jason showed up, did not attack him as he moved out of the way so Jason could get in the room then quickly blocked the exit again. 

For this, please add a system that lets us slide by/through players who are blocking our path. The collision needs to be in the game between players, however there needs to be a way to pass through players if they do not move out of the way. 

Sounds fair.