1 minute ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

Great, just what we need is their parents to be 'appalled' and then mount a campaign getting this great game banned.  

Unlikely, maybe if it was released in the early 2000's  There's a million games they would go after before this. This game is pretty tame by today's standards when you think about the things that have been in video games hindsight is 20/20 not adding nudity was definitely a good thing imo.

6 hours ago, Djandyparks said:

They will do any thing to keep there kids quiet and don't care how much there minds get messed up 

And You  go away you are dangerous to both video games and horror movies for suggesting such a thing. 

I've lost count how many 6 to 9 year olds I've encountered in the game. Thought it was a bit odd

Then again, I remember watching all the F13 movies at that age and absolutely loving them. So i don't know lol

• Like 1

We have a 11/12 yo that has played in a few games with some of us and I'm not concerned about the violence - because I don't think it's too much worse than any other game out there that I'm sure he's probably been playing. But it's more the swearing and innuendo that we all use with friends in a group.

Keep in mind that the violence is mostly cartoonish. Watching this game is not disturbing in the way that, say, watching The Hills Have Eyes is. It's more like a Road Runner Cartoon......

... Granted, a Road Runner cartoon where Wile E. Coyote gets his back snapped, or his arms chopped off. :-)

• Like 1

It's all fun and games now.

But just wait until one of these little blighters goes and chops up the counselor staff at some back woods Summer Camp after being inspired by playing.

It might be safe to argue that a game with violence in it, will actually prevent less violence in real life.  I'd much prefer a teenager hacking up digital counselors to doing anything violent in real life, which suppression of frustrations can lead to.

That being said, I probably wouldn't let a really young kid play this.  Watching a movie for the scares is different than being the sociopath!

What's really great and very positive about this game is the social and teamwork elements that are inherent in it.  Some folks may not be that social in real life, but give them a headset and a group to work with and the social butterfly emerges. :)

I was fortunate to not have such restrictions movies and video games but back then our parents kicked our a** physically and or mentally when we got out of line. But children today are smarter then us and should be able to learn on there own the difference between this dumb Hollywood violence and the real world thing. It's been the parents that sometimes scare me with their blame everything else first behavior. Fortunate for me my 3 year old could care less on launch day. He didn't want to learn and I didn't want to teach. It was a good system.

• Like 1

Ive loved horror and f13 since i was six im 33 now and horror inspired me to be the artist i am today. My son is ten and at a inquisitive age i have no problems with him seeing fictional violence as he knows its not real. He had a go as jason and destroyed a whole team of councilors on his first go. Personally i find its players attitudes id rather him not experience, not the game. It depends on the kid though i can appreciate kids being annoying but so are adults lol. To be fair there are worse things in the news these days that are real. 

I don't necessarily have a problem with underage kids playing, but what I can't stand is ending up in a lobby with a bunch of idiots spouting d00dspeak, especially "You're gay", "That's gay", "He's gay" over and over.  Also F-this, F-that, I can only listen to so much of that nonsense before I turn into a grumpy old man of 34 and tell them to shut the F up.

PSN:  TreeburnerCT

• Like 1

kids play Call of Duty, Mortal Kombat 9/XL and other violent and mature graphic games, as well as watch the most horror filled movies.

nothing out of the ordinary. doesn't matter if people agree or not, they still gonna play.

and there are kids that are actually more mature and respectful than teens, adolescents, adults and even seniors, and don't harrass other players like older people do to them.  kids can behave like kids, and that's ok, they usually are more attentive and loyal than some adults.

like really, even those annoyed by the younger voices, were the complainers an only child?  are they sociopaths that can't accept kids in gaming and society?

I teamed up with a good number of kids in this game and others, and most of them were great teammates.

• Like 1

Just watching a few of the "adult" streamers out there kinda let's yah know that playing this game does not equate to a high maturity level. Case in point, I watched a streamer actually encourage t-bagging Jason after killing him. While hilariously funny, mature it was not. I almost felt it was sacrilegious to do so and I am no choir boy.

Eh i'm a fourteen year old, I love the movies, and most adult players i've played with say that i am pretty good. I usually never use a mic because I don't want to get bombarded with people saying "Kid get off this game." "Kid go to sleep." (As ive heard on the reddit and the forums that people say that to kids playing these game.) Also people say that they leave the lobby when they hear a kids voice so I don't want to make them leave and have to wait for 10 minutes again. Playing this game hasnt given me any violent thoughts, but that might just be because my dad showed me Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday The 13th, and Halloween at a young age.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Suck It Nerd! said:

Just watching a few of the "adult" streamers out there kinda let's yah know that playing this game does not equate to a high maturity level. Case in point, I watched a streamer actually encourage t-bagging Jason after killing him. While hilariously funny, mature it was not. I almost felt it was sacrilegious to do so and I am no choir boy.

:lol: Pretty much, in the quick game sessions I have had so far its been 50/50, all ages act immature. 

11 hours ago, Djandyparks said:

I wouldn't let my kids play this I care about them 

I agree my son might not be able to get a match and get upset. 

I loved the movies when I was younger, granted, I was around 10 when they came out myself. But here is the thing, my parents was right there, explaining things that was on screen and such.

Anymore, I think parents just toss their kids infront of the computer/console with a game and instant babysitter. I know not all parents do it, and alot likely still do like mine did. I've ran into a surprising amount of younger sounding players as well, had to mute one cause he was constantly screaming into the mic, and it got a bit grating on the nerves heh.

Adult games should be for adults.. it gets me mad when I go on a game and there's a squeaky voiced kids on.. I sold gta 5 because it was full of kids 

I'm an old soul but young at heart but the other night joined a lobby with a bunch of 8-10 year olds and the problem is they for 1 are too young for this game for 2 they have no idea who Jason is and for 3 they have the annoying GTA5 Troll I think I'm badass vibe to them! 

9 year old yelling at me "little pig little pig let me in" 

so annoying!

Letting anyone play this game under the ages of 14 or so is irresponsible and even then discretion needs to be taken. My mother didnt let me till I was a teenager. My grandma however used to let me watch f13th hellraiser, nightmare on elm etc when I was very young. This doesnt mean its fine however. Im fine and im sure a lot of you are too but thats not the point. These types of games/films can affect some children and although some may seem more mature than others you just cant pinpoint which ones will receive a negative impact. Im sure the parents of the Bulger killers did not think horror films would affect their bundles of joy neither.

They arent my kids though and im not telling anyone what to do. This is just my 2 cents seeing as the topic has been brought up. If you let your 12 year old out past midnight he will probably come home alive. It doesnt mean its a great idea. Some kids will end up messed up and you just dont know which ones. I am fine and I watched them is poor reasoning. I took plenty of drugs as a teenager and im fine(ish) that doesnt mean id recommend it for other teenagers. Im sure some people will say that is a poor example. I could think of many others but I wont bore you im sure you can think of your own.

Plus I dont wanna play with annoying little kids, trolling, making shit jokes, being abusive etc. Sony should be more vigilant. This is coming from someone from someone who is working class and from a rough area. Im not no stuck up fucker

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PowellCampsNAKED said:

I'm an old soul but young at heart but the other night joined a lobby with a bunch of 8-10 year olds and the problem is they for 1 are too young for this game for 2 they have no idea who Jason is and for 3 they have the annoying GTA5 Troll I think I'm badass vibe to them! 

9 year old yelling at me "little pig little pig let me in" 

so annoying!

Why is it they are always so loud as well, its like chill fellas, talk normally. 

I played the other night with a kid who was 10, maybe 11 tops.

Let me tell you, that kid was on top of his shit. He was not messing around. He was telling all of the other players in the group what they should be doing - looking for items, locking the doors, grabbing the gasoline, etc. Seriously, 30- and 40-year olds were listening to this kid! He was like the John Connor of the Friday the 13th game. He survived every single round, including when I was Jason - and when he was Jason, he got everyone.

Sometimes the kids take this shit way more seriously than the adults.

• Like 2