Hi all,

Can you please share some of advice for those of us just starting out?  I'm not sure how the leveling system works, but I certainly don't want to wind up in a match, fresh off the boat, with a bunch of vets whose good time, and my good time, gets ruined because I have no clue how the controls or navigation works.

I don't want a list of spoilers, but I thought a general thread of, "Things I wish I had known/done right off the bat," might be welcomed by those of us that are less experienced players.

Also, is it ok to play this game without a mic?

Thanks!

Roll perks for counselors early. I spent a lot of CP on Jason animations, which are really cool and all, but some counselor perks give you a huge boost which will get you more wins and more XP/CP.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, c0nsilience said:

Also, is it ok to play this game without a mic?

No.

Get over your fear. Also a mic doesn't cost much. You don't need a brand name. You just need to communicate.

• Like 2

Ok, cool.  I've got a mic and no fear.  Will just need to move the console because it's not in an area that I can do a lot of talking.  Thanks!

I hate playing with people who don't have a mic.  It makes the game not nearly as fun as a counselor.

• Like 1

Communicate with your fellow counselors and don't be selfish.  It is really fun when counselors are working together.  Yeah, you'll still get killed sometimes but then it's fun to watch the survivors if they know what they're doing.

• Like 1

Agreed. I played for about a half hour with a mic on my PS4, and then I went out and bought one. It makes the game sooooo much better. For one thing, you can't really use the walkie-talkie if you don't have the mic.

• Like 1