Sign in to follow this  
Arakos

Jason Shift+Grab Combo

Hey there,

just a quick question, i thought they fixed the unfair "Shift + Grab/attack combo" after the beta...  
So what did they changed, i can see nothing different from the beta, it is so easy for me as Jason to shift+grab everyone instantly, the same on the other Jason players who become better now.

Im not crying about OP shit, but the most players complained about this Combo in the beta because it was just unfair, you can do nothing to avoid it if the Jason can aim a bit...

41 minutes ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Spam attacking LMB is more broken that shift grab in my opinion.

Aye! Those things need some tweaks.

The biggest Problems are :

1.Glitchy attackspam

2.Shift+grab/attack combo

3.The useless Combatstance - Dodgeing(i tried to dodge attacks, but he can hit you everytime,no timing fail). Blocking is useless too, because he grabs you if you go in combatstance             

3.5. You can grab into Counselors attacks, makes the combat for counselors pretty useless

4.Hold breath = The please Jason come to me and Kill me ability....... (you can hear the inhale from 5m, it is just loud af)

5. Fix the sense/fear, if it is not buggy explain how it works

The major balance and game is just great, but those things need some work.

13 minutes ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Spam attacking LMB is more broken that shift grab in my opinion.

I gotta agree here. Shift + Grab is only easy when you're running in a clear path away from Jason. I think it's fair game with that. I do wish there was a little more delay with grab, but if it's going to make Jason less threatening, it might not be worth it.

1 minute ago, NuSix3 said:

I gotta agree here. Shift + Grab is only easy when you're running in a clear path away from Jason. I think it's fair game with that. I do wish there was a little more delay with grab, but if it's going to make Jason less threatening, it might not be worth it.

A good Jason catch you even if you change your direction fasty while sprinting, the most guys try to avoid my grab in one direction at the last second, but they just glitches in my hand or i got them anyway, it is not that hard if you tried it a few times.

4 hours ago, Arakos said:

A good Jason catch you even if you change your direction fast while sprinting, the most guys try to avoid my grab in one direction at the last second, but they just glitches in my hand or i got them anyway, it is not that hard if you tried it a few times.

I said a clear path. Juking is obviously a must, but the idea is to put something between yourself and Jason. Also, you can't make a hard 90 degree turn out of shift once you've started moving. If you're catching people juking, they are either timing it wrong or it's latency -- and latency is usually the issue. Can't tell you how many times I've been just outside arms length of Jason during a stand off and I get grabbed anyway, the game just doesn't register last minute movements very well and those moments usually go to the aggressor, which is usually Jason.

1 hour ago, NuSix3 said:

I said a clear path. Juking is obviously a must, but the idea is to put something between yourself and Jason. Also, you can't make a hard 90 degree turn out of shift once you've started moving. If you're catching people juking, they are either timing it wrong or it's latency -- and latency is usually the issue. Can't tell you how many times I've been just outside arms length of Jason during a stand off and I get grabbed anyway, the game just doesn't register last minute movements very well and those moments usually go to the aggressor, which is usually Jason.

I just had the glitch grab again, someone tried to run away from me i press grab and catch him from 2 m :(

It cant be a latency problem because my ping is allways 30-50 and the guy that i killed had the same ping for the whole match

EDIT:

Hah even now i grabbed two guys who glitched/slided over the ground with my shift grab combo^^ so i dont know who can avoid me better than sliding guys with highspeed and no stamina loose..

This is how you know people haven't played as Jason, or played as Jason against competent counselors.

Play any of the Jasons that aren't part 2 or 3... Have Vanessa, or Rocker Chick run around furniture, or have them run around the car. Same with Tommy Jarvis, he can "ring around the rosie" well too. #Wastehistime2017

Stop crying. 

Vanessa can almost always survive against any Jason as well. Less against 2 and 3 because they can run, but she can still survive. Best speed, stamina, and stamina regain, + perks that up the amount of stam, speed, and stam gain = broken shit. 

Knife aiming is extremely atrocious, and hits feel more luck based, than skill. Shift+grab is almost a fucking neccessity when people just run around objects, and run through hallways. 

Jason cannot damage people over chairs, the car, etc, and he can't grab over them either. I have video fucking proof of this. STOP... WHINING. 

1 hour ago, Broly1337 said:

This is how you know people haven't played as Jason, or played as Jason against competent counselors.

Play any of the Jasons that aren't part 2 or 3... Have Vanessa, or Rocker Chick run around furniture, or have them run around the car. Same with Tommy Jarvis, he can "ring around the rosie" well too. #Wastehistime2017

Stop crying. 

Vanessa can almost always survive against any Jason as well. Less against 2 and 3 because they can run, but she can still survive. Best speed, stamina, and stamina regain, + perks that up the amount of stam, speed, and stam gain = broken shit. 

Knife aiming is extremely atrocious, and hits feel more luck based, than skill. Shift+grab is almost a fucking neccessity when people just run around objects, and run through hallways. 

Jason cannot damage people over chairs, the car, etc, and he can't grab over them either. I have video fucking proof of this. STOP... WHINING. 

Boi seems like you had a bad time as Jason^^ i got every guy who tried to run aroud objects, i dont even need my shift most of the time to get them, just walk behind them and press at the right moment grab.

You have to learn how to aim with the knifes, throwing knifes works very well for me and its very accurate, the only shitty thing is the changeing 3th person if you near the windows, but 6/7 knifes hits their target.