Originally I didn't think this was a huge issue but last night in three separate matches with different players they were attacking counselors for no reason than to help their friend who was Jason. It took all the fun out of the matches. I don't know that I'd continue playing this if this isn't resolved. I enjoy the game but these players are making it unpleasant.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2017 at 6:47 AM, Caliph said:

So that an unruly counselor that refuses to be quiet around you can be handled. Or to secure the last seat in the getaway car. It also prevents the 5th guy from standing in front of the escape car because they didn't get a seat. Because it could absolutely happen in the situation the counselors find themselves in. Stress and fighting makes sense.

That's rarely happening though. It's mostly players griefing others in game.

15 minutes ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

That's rarely happening though. It's mostly players griefing others in game.

What does that change?

Surprisingly this hasn't happened to me yet outside of a few times in the beta. This seems rather a rare occurrence, no?

53 minutes ago, WithTeeth2Hurt said:

Originally I didn't think this was a huge issue but last night in three separate matches with different players they were attacking counselors for no reason than to help their friend who was Jason. It took all the fun out of the matches. I don't know that I'd continue playing this if this isn't resolved. I enjoy the game but these players are making it unpleasant.

If you want I can send a PS4 invite this evening. I've found a gruop of folks I regularly play with so we get to have fun and avoid said drama and grief :)

On 31.5.2017 at 10:30 AM, Malte Miller said:

experienced plenty of childish screaming around moments. Would  love to keep the game more mature. So a vote to kick Button would  be nice!

I am so glad that there is no votekick option... It would be great to kick idiots, but just look at games like "CS:GO. Even in smaller games like Chivalry and Blackwater". Those games are sometimes nearly unplayable because jerks and trolls will kick you out.  

(Best moment in CS:GO, i got kicked because i bought the wrong weapon.... even better... i killed the last guy with a knife, but they kicked me out because i had no epic skin for it lol )

First let me say I'm not the one to attack anyone other than Jason. But I think its a cool idea that its possible. Until a group of 4 joins a public match and goes to injury everyone that isn't in their party.

It's these groups that will ruin the betrayal aspect of this game. Staying away from public matches prevents this yes,  but not everyone will have that group of 7 on to play with.

I only had this happen once when I was trying to get the hang of the repair mechanics.

Guy who killed me thought I was just jerking around, which was totally not called for.

5 hours ago, Caliph said:

What does that change?

Killing out of necessity I could understand. Guys running around to your cabin, opening the doors for Jason and Jason bypasses those guys and then beating you senseless so you can't escape is griefing.

4 hours ago, dreamerchaos said:

If you want I can send a PS4 invite this evening. I've found a gruop of folks I regularly play with so we get to have fun and avoid said drama and grief :)

That would be great.

Seems like some guys got banned for trolling or ruining games already.

I don't know what the this guy was doing, soft trolling or ruin the matches for a couple of times. My fear is just... will you control this by yourself devs?

For example 

Player-1 tries to kill  player-2 and miss, then player-2 will kill player-1 for teamattack, but now the real teamkiller record just the part where he got beaten up by the victim. The viewers will think that the victim is the asshole and ban him  :(

However i got an idiot Tommy in my last match, Jason was chasing me and he just tried to shoot me, not Jason. (jason was around 8m away, Tommy aim for me)

After he missed his shot, i attacked Tommy for a few times, but what if this guy whould record this and report me as an teamkiller just because i took my revenge (not even killed him)

Yea this just happened 2 games in a row to us from the same guy on PS4. skullcrusher6226 just kept on going after ALL the counselors and avoided helping, chatting or even escaping and hiding. This ruins the fun of the game for all of those who actually want to play it as the survival game it's meant to be. I spent the first 5+ mins of a match playing ring-around-the-rosie with skullcrusher6226 until he got tired of chasing me and went after another counselor.

I found a griefer on PS4  if you see him, beware because even if you try to point out useful things like a gas can he'll attack for no reason. I'm going to try and submit a report with PS4. People like this need to know they're not welcome online.

I've run into more griefers as I'm sure you have. Unfortunately PS4 does not have a way to avoid/report players for unsporting behavior like how Xbox 360 used to. Should we make a post that serves as a Wall of Shame? That way we can let good players know who these douchebags are and to avoid or deal with?

I wonder why they can't just disable "friendly fire"?  I mean that seems like it would stop this terrible problem.

I hadn't really encountered this problem before, then twice over the last two nights it has happened to me. Just a little bit ago I had Tommy Jarvis just randomly point his gun at me, so I chopped him repeatedly with a machete while calling him every name in the book and mocking his inability to kill me. Then Jason showed up and I led him right to Tommy, who finally managed to get a bead on me with the shotgun and killed me... but then Jason, like, immediately punched off his head.

I'll be honest - it really, really pissed me off. Like, way more than I expected it to.

I guess I just have a thin skin.

@I_stay_broke please do not double post. I have merged your posts. If you want to add onto something without conversation inbetween please use the edit button. Also I have removed the ID you posted. We will not start a public shaming on any thread here. There is not currently a reporting system in place but that is also not the way to go either.

Shot someone with a shotgun while they were unlocking a door, a moment prior they'd hit me a machete or something on purpose.

On June 2, 2017 at 11:17 AM, dreamerchaos said:

Funny enough had one of these asshole counselors attacking me. Ran to the Jason and actually pleaded for him to help me. Surprisingly Jason shifting right at the player who was following me and did a grab kill on them. Instant karma. XD (And Jadon gave me a running start before he found me and broke my spine but hey at least he did help and spare me for a minute.)

Same here.  Exact same scenario . Good mannered players can win a temp pass cuz most of us hate player killers that arent wearing coveralls and a mask ;)

3 hours ago, Luckystrike2778 said:

Same here.  Exact same scenario . Good mannered players can win a temp pass cuz most of us hate player killers that arent wearing coveralls and a mask ;)

Alright, I'll try that suggestion since I can't expect any recourse from the devs or this forum. Lame.

I made a thread yesterday regarding a "remorse" mechanic.  Whenever a survivor causes harm to another survivor in a horror movie out of terror or panic, they often get filled with regret and guilt to the point of losing all their composure and they freeze up for a period.  This would be a good, lore driven, mechanic to add into the game.  This would give players who are dealing with someone attempting to grief them a moment to finish what they are doing and get away, or if they want, drop what they're doing and simply get away.  Also, if a player is attempting to grief a player to slow them down to make them easier for Jason to kill, the karma would be pretty swift. 

It would also nullify the need for a player to defend themselves, as they will simply be able to finish making their call to Tommy, or putting gas in the tank (with reasonable skill checks and ability) or what have you.  That way you KNOW who the offending party is and no one has to explain defending themselves to the game moderators.

Certainly it's an idea that would have to be carefully considered and refined to avoid unintentional exploitation, such as exceptions for accidentally running them over, or shooting them WHILE being held up by Jason.  

And if the Devs REALLY wanted to drive the point home, the offending counselor would also drop their inventory and not being able to pick it up until the lock down ends...but that's if they REALLY wanted to be mean about it.

hi horror fan girl to be honest ive stopped playing because of this iam looking for the single player to come out and some decent people to play with cheers damien

Yesterday, 30 seconds into a match I had some guy swing at me with an axe, I let it go assuming it was an accident, another shot and I was slow-moving injured and couldnt get away, killed me less than a minute into a match. I stayed in the match to see what else he did. Saw him later try to aim and shoot at other players, then slow-moving injure another player while they were running to the exit together. Steam user, cant remember the name...  something Jones. Real award winner. 

Pieces of crap like that perfectly sum up why this is the only multi-player online game I will play, and as more of those morons show up, the game really loses a lot. 

It seems I cant go more than a match or two without seeing someone die as Betrayed. Now I know sometimes its from an accident, like shooting Jason and hitting the player, or stepping on your trap, but Ive seen it a few times now with people actively trying to kill other councilors. Need a block list function