7 hours ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

I think u talking about AJ shes also my most played atm im waiting to unlock lachappa which i would have by now if wasnt for the leveling bug

Brandon and Vanessa are both trolls... They're found very early in the game so the best thing to do is just keep Jason busy juking him in and out of cabins, setting traps and shooting him with flares.

Unless you have an amazing group, you're not going to be able to really utilize Brandon at all for his strength, which is taking Jason's mask off in combat. It takes very few hits to do this but most of the time you get grabbed and killed really quickly unless someone else is with you helping you fight Jason.

A.J. is the best character for not being found and doing skill checks... she can basically just hide in a closet for 20 minutes so long as Jason doesn't cut the power to the cabin she's hiding in.

All the other characters are just slight variations of the above mentioned characters... They're generally worthless and die easily unless someone competent is at the helm... some are good at skill checks and nothing else, others are just decent at not being found and have okay stamina.

Tiffiny is probably the best at grabbing the sweater from the shack because she has decent speed, high stamina and stealth but crap composure... so long as you keep your light on and light jog to Jason's cabin to grab the sweater so can easily outrun him if he warps there.

Vanessa is also good at grabbing the sweater but she makes so much noise you probably won't get a chance to make it there before Jason senses you... getting in is an issue, getting out, not so much.

• Like 1

For the most part I try and be stealthy. I also pay close mind to the mini map, if I see a white dot moving fast towards me, I go the opposite way. Don't want to be used as a distraction.

At the moment I play AJ, so if I'm far from everyone I loot and lock all the cabins around me and Radio Jarvis if the tower is in my area, I also use a perk where Jason can't sense me when I'm in a house/cabin. I'm also a lucky charm for the shotgun and keys so most of the time I tell everyone where the parts are so I just follow them just invade I have to shoot Jason or stun him. I'm at least 2 rounds away from Tiffany ( my favorite ) 

My main strategy right now: if someone calls the cops, I IMMEDIATELY make my way to one of the two exits, hide and wait. I have a 50/50 chance of picking the right one off the bat. If not, well, then I have to try and get there past Jason.

IMO avoid the cabins immediately around the car. That is the first or second place Jason is going to go when the match starts, so if you spawn there, RUN.

Pocket Knives are gold. They save you from when you're grabbed. Fire crackers are for when Jason is just about to grab you. If you have a med spray, then you can handle jumping through a broken window/second story window.

Bugsy and Vanessa have uses. The main purpose is that they are LOUD but fast. So 1) Do not go around other people, because you are drawing Jason, and 2) run hunt the gas/battery, deliver it to the car, and run away, and 3) charge Jason if he's going after others. Bugsy (and hoenstly vanessa) have a good chance of stunning him. But the point is, you are a distraction and a part ferrier.

When running from Jason, just get out of sight. If your fear is not up, then you might lose him.

Hiding does have a use: it drops your fear. One thing I will do is if I am in a cabin with multiple counselors, I will hide. Jason stalks around, they run, the cabin looks empty or he has something to chase, I wait.

Attacking Jason: the bat is the best weapon to stun him. You cannot damage/stun him until he has recovered from stun. If he has grabbed someone and has not began a kill animation, then a single hit will make him drop them.

There are large signs around the main areas that have maps. Personally, I've been screwed too many times finding a battery/gas and having no map, no idea where to go, so I have a perk to start with a map.

• Like 2

I'm playing Tiffany every game now that I've unlocked her cause I'm so happy everytime she survives, she has died first long enough lol.

My playstyle is usually to secure and loot all the cabins in the area where I spawn. If I find items to complete objectives, I do objectives and I'm out. If I'm unlucky, I group with other people because I won't draw attention to them, because my stealth is great, but if Jason finds us, I know I can outrun them.... and then I group with someone else! Until people finally complete the objectives.

When I thoroughly go through the 3-4 cabins close to where I spawn, I feel like I did my part, but it's so frustrating being grouped with people who loot cabins as though they were blind. I swear sometimes 4 people spawn like in Blair's Cove, when you finally group they're like : Omg we didn't find anything hurr durr. I stay with them until they get killed and when I finally get around to Blair's Cove I find like the keys and the gas, in their usual places.

I have been playing chad lately, with a start with baseball bat perk. I think it had to do with his luck but almost every time I hit Jason he is stunned with the bat, so I started to barricade doors, when Jason starts to break it down I turn my flashlight off, stand next to the door and go into combat mode. (If the door is broken down, I wait behind a wall and wait for Jason to walk past.) As soon as he breaks the door i swing the bat, they usually dont see it coming and get stunned. Most jasons dont try to grab me right after they break through even if ive done it a lot. Ive unmasked Jason a lot of times if I do this with the axe too.

I like to start off by morphing to the power box nearest to the phone, take it out, then run over to the phone box and set a trap. By then I can morph again and I morph to a power box that I think is near counselors.

• Like 1

I've been playing as A.J. the most, Adam the second most and Jenny/Buggsy the third most. For Jason, I play the Savini Jason the most. Had a lot of escapes as counsellors and a lot of kills as Jason, here's my play style and some tips:

• The easiest way to lose Jason is by moving between cabins. Make him pop sense to find you, and when you think it's on recharge, jump out a back window and run.
  • Adapt your plan based on what you find. If you find a propeller first, go find gas next. If you find car keys or a fuse, fix a car or a phone. No point trying to do multiple objectives if it takes up a lot of time.
  • Always keep a pocket knife and first aid spray. Third slot of your inventory should be for either another knife, firecrackers or an objective item.
  • The baseball bat is the best weapon for stunning Jason. 
  • When driving the car and Jason appears in the road, drive directly towards him and swerve hard left/right at the last second. I've avoided so many Jasons who have walked out into the road as I drove up, thinking they'd be able to stop me. They never expect that last minute hard turn.
  • As Jason, I always put 2 traps on the phone and 1 on each of the two objectives (car + car, or car + boat). I keep 1 trap in-case one objective gets fixed, in which case I intercept and use the new trap there.
  • As Jason, use the early game time to place traps, find knives and smash power boxes. Smashing power boxes raises fear and prevents Tommy Jarvis from being called, so sense becomes more useful. Knives deal with running characters very well. Controlling the objectives is the best way to win the game; there's a whole 20 minutes to kill everyone.
  • As Jason, environmental kills get you more XP. Kill about 4/7 counsellors and try to use the last few for environmental kills. If they're going for objectives though and are nearly escaping, use whatever you have to stop them.
  • Like 1

I'm playing as Deb but when I'm unlock Tiffany I'm playing as her I'm only 3 levels away from her

6 minutes ago, Kodiak said:

I've been playing as A.J. the most, Adam the second most and Jenny/Buggsy the third most. For Jason, I play the Savini Jason the most. Had a lot of escapes as counsellors and a lot of kills as Jason, here's my play style and some tips:

• The easiest way to lose Jason is by moving between cabins. Make him pop sense to find you, and when you think it's on recharge, jump out a back window and run.
  • Adapt your plan based on what you find. If you find a propeller first, go find gas next. If you find car keys or a fuse, fix a car or a phone. No point trying to do multiple objectives if it takes up a lot of time.
  • Always keep a pocket knife and first aid spray. Third slot of your inventory should be for either another knife, firecrackers or an objective item.
  • The baseball bat is the best weapon for stunning Jason. 
  • When driving the car and Jason appears in the road, drive directly towards him and swerve hard left/right at the last second. I've avoided so many Jasons who have walked out into the road as I drove up, thinking they'd be able to stop me. They never expect that last minute hard turn.
  • As Jason, I always put 2 traps on the phone and 1 on each of the two objectives (car + car, or car + boat). I keep 1 trap in-case one objective gets fixed, in which case I intercept and use the new trap there.
  • As Jason, use the early game time to place traps, find knives and smash power boxes. Smashing power boxes raises fear and prevents Tommy Jarvis from being called, so sense becomes more useful. Knives deal with running characters very well. Controlling the objectives is the best way to win the game; there's a whole 20 minutes to kill everyone.
  • As Jason, environmental kills get you more XP. Kill about 4/7 counsellors and try to use the last few for environmental kills. If they're going for objectives though and are nearly escaping, use whatever you have to stop them.

Thank you for the tips! I never really have any strategy so I guess that's why I keep dying a lot. I have just started using Brandon and Chad to outrun Jason in small spaces and found it very effective. If I have a walkie talkie I tell others to speed up the search of car parts while I keep him occupied. This however has lead to hate from Jason players. One time Jason just quit the game because we ran around the same big cabin for 5 minutes. Generally I get called lame or noob for doing this. :C

• Like 1

My tactics normally depend on where I spawn as a counselor. I try and stay on the wooded outskirts if I spawn near vehicles or unsecureble structures.  Luck at finding the map (the item I find most useful at the moment) and repair items determine my level of aggressiveness around the map. That being said, I have yet to escape by car or boat. 

Is there a trick to break Jason's grasp if you're one of the weaker counselors without a knife?  I still haven't played around with the block or dodge features.  I am also unaware what the 'Triangle' button on ps4 'use ability' actually does.

Dodge is very useful. If done correctly Jason misses his grab or swing and for a moment he is open so you can smack him freely. I managed to fight Jason off for almost 20 seconds ALONE before getting grabbed.

40 minutes ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

Is there a trick to break Jason's grasp if you're one of the weaker counselors without a knife?  I still haven't played around with the block or dodge features.  I am also unaware what the 'Triangle' button on ps4 'use ability' actually does.

Find Pamelas sweater as a female counselor, and get Jasons mask as a male counselor for the abilities.