I have to admit I did not play this game that much yet, and when I did I always played as a counselor. I also have no clue if there is already a thread like this around, if there is point me in the right direction if you could.

I was wondering how people play as a counselor and Jason? For example, do you use a lot of stealth, or a mix of stealth and making noise? Do you have specific patterns that work really well while playing as a counselor or Jason? Think of specific areas you discovered that allow you to survive longer, or easily sneak up on victims. What is your favourite weapon to use against Jason and why? What type of kills do you use when playing as Jason, and which Jason do you think is best for the job?

I am a mere level 5 at this point, and still learning the game, so I'd like to hear some feedback from other players.

• Like 1

I'm still unsure about what the counselor 'use ability' triangle on PS4 does.  I also don't understand I guess what the benefit of the walkie talkies presents?  I'm usually not mic'd up, so does it give you a better one on one with another person who has a walkie talkie, maybe?

I have played more as a counselor and I prefer the loner tactic...the only time Jason usually gets me is if a bunch of the other counselors show up to my area.  My favorite weapons to get away from him are the flare and of course the rifle...the more distance you can create the better.

I am sure that this will come with time...

However my current strategy with Counselors is to crap my pants while my current strategy with Jason is an angry fail.

• Like 4

The walkie talkies just allow you to talk to others that have them across the map, you don't have to be close to someone to hear them/talk to them.

As for playstyle, thats more up to the player, I like trying to be stealthy, but sometimes I take the jock guy to try and protect the others. For weapons I prefer the bat, or pipe, something that can stun Jason easily.

As Jason, I like to go around and take out the generators, and trap up the cars. All that helps build the fear of the counselors so that you can track them better to kill them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MichaelMyersSickHead said:

I'm still unsure about what the counselor 'use ability' triangle on PS4 does.  I also don't understand I guess what the benefit of the walkie talkies presents?  I'm usually not mic'd up, so does it give you a better one on one with another person who has a walkie talkie, maybe?

As far as I understood people who have a walkie talkie can be heard by all players, regardless of being close or not.

My bad, it's explained above.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Yeah, also I don't think a lot of people realize this...but you can repair the generators if Jason breaks them. I wouldn't suggest it if your character has a low repair skill though.

Cause I've seen people try to stay in dark cabins, which just increase your fear, even with the flashlight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VSlash said:

Yeah, also I don't think a lot of people realize this...but you can repair the generators if Jason breaks them. I wouldn't suggest it if your character has a low repair skill though.

Cause I've seen people try to stay in dark cabins, which just increase your fear, even with the flashlight.

I think the whole darkness thing is what caused so many complaints initially as instinct dictates darkness = hidden, but yeah a lot don't realise they're fixable, well worth fixing if you find one, i've only just started using a character with a decent repair skill and my god it's lovely, 3 skill checks and all easy as hell to hit :D

• Like 1

I know people are going to play the counselors they like, or the ones they think are 'best'.

But the best way to do it, is try to have a good range of counselors selected in the lobby, like Vanessa can be great if you find the car battery in a house, but the 4-seater car is across the map...let her grab the battery and run it there, where a counselor with a higher repair skill installs it, etc.

Is about working together to survive.

@Lv1 Magikarp Wait till you get Lachuck or whatever that guy's name is, his repair skill is like 9 or 10, just 2 skill checks and its super fast. Especially if you got lucky perk rolls and get some repair perks for him.

• Like 3

With Part 7 Jason, i don't have the luxury of running but he's definitely my favorite design since the day i saw Part VII A New Blood. Bassicaly i work my timing with shifting and teleport with the best of my ability and i rely a lot on 'sense' to see the other player. Trying so scare them at the beginning is a plus since is making it easier for me to spot them after that!

Of course, i have to adapt to any situation anytime since it's different everytime i'm playing Jason in a new session.

Just now, VSlash said:

@Lv1 Magikarp Wait till you get Lachuck or whatever that guy's name is, his repair skill is like 9 or 10, just 2 skill checks and its super fast. Especially if you got lucky perk rolls and get some repair perks for him.

Can't remember her name but i'm using the goth chick at the minute, she's pretty well rounded, stamina takes a hit but have a perk which bumps it up slightly, will test out a few more soon enough :)

@VSlash, that's what I usually try to do, work together with the other counselors. In other games I just tried to stay stealthy and survive.

I had one real scary moment which actually was in my last game so far, and it was the one I least liked because certain players told me to f off out of their cabin. Basically I had to hide in a closet and Jason just kept coming inside the cabin looking for me. He even stood right in front of the closet I was in but somehow couldn't open it or missed it, I don't know. I was able to get out of there but died soon after because my stamina ran too low.

With the right perks and low fear, Jason can't sense you, even if he is standing right infront of your hiding place.

With me, when something like that happens, he starts walking away and then my character goes "Please don't see me." and I'm like...What..what, COME ON! and he comes right back and destroys me lol

7 minutes ago, VSlash said:

With the right perks and low fear, Jason can't sense you, even if he is standing right infront of your hiding place.

With me, when something like that happens, he starts walking away and then my character goes "Please don't see me." and I'm like...What..what, COME ON! and he comes right back and destroys me lol

I was actually playing with Vanessa I think when that closet thing happened. She started saying exactly that haha.

Couple questions....

Can you stop the shift before it runs out?

How do you shift grab?

How do you dive through windows as a counselor?

As a counselor if you find an item, example the fuse you need to repair the phone is that item only for you or can anyone repair the phone at that point?

As a counselor if someone finds the map is the map available for everyone at that point? If not can everyone find the map or just one map per round and only one person can find it?

I did not play the beta so I definitely need some tips but the little I did play over the weekend when the game worked was pretty fun.

You can stop shift again by hitting the button again to come out of it, and the shift grab is just hitting grab as you come out and hoping you catch them.

To dive through a window, you have to be sprinting at it, and hit your button that you use to go through normally

If you find the fuse, you have to repair the phone box, unless you drop the fuse for someone else to pick up, and the map is for you alone, everyone has to find their own map, but there is a board outside near one of the cabins usually, that will have maps for people.

4 minutes ago, VSlash said:

hehe I had a round the other night and got killed came back as tommy towards the end of the match on Higgins haven, ended up being the last one alive and got beat up and was almost dead I managed to get into the main building ran up the stairs towards the back left room and opened the window hopeing to make out I had jumped then hid behind the French dresser thing in that room. Jason comes in and starts smashing up everything up stairs trying to find me kept standing right by the dresser could not of been more then an in game foot away, the whole time I was praying to anything and everything that tommy would not make a sound. He kept morphing away and coming back and every time he kept standing right next to me, it was not the most exciting thing to watch but I managed to run the last 3-4 mins of the game out and it was one of my first feeling of surviving the night vs Jason 

alas that Jason learnt about the spot and don't think I can use it against him again lol

3 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

Couple questions....

How do you shift grab?

As a counselor if you find an item, example the fuse you need to repair the phone is that item only for you or can anyone repair the phone at that point?

As a counselor if someone finds the map is the map available for everyone at that point? If not can everyone find the map or just one map per round and only one person can find it?

I did not play the beta so I definitely need some tips but the little I did play over the weekend when the game worked was pretty fun.

Yes

How do you shift grab?

Grab when shift ends, or at least that's what I do

Sprint + E

Only for you unless you die and drop it or drop it manually

Maps are for you only, there are plenty of spots to get one, there are more maps than players.

2 minutes ago, Lv1 Magikarp said:

Yes

How do you shift grab?

Grab when shift ends, or at least that's what I do

Sprint + E

Only for you unless you die and drop it or drop it manually

Maps are for you only, there are plenty of spots to get one, there are more maps than players.

Thank you, I am on Xbox sorry for not clarifying so what is sprint E? I know how to sprint of course but not sure what "E" is on the Xbox controller. And how do you stop the shift early, what do you press? Thanks!

Just now, chromeXskull said:

Thank you, I am on Xbox sorry for not clarifying so what is sprint E? And how do you stop the shift early, what do you press? Thanks!

You'd have to check the controls for xbox, E would be your use button, same button you use to open doors etc

• Like 1

on xbox left trigger will cancel shift mate 

and for sprint its right thumb stick click ( I think) and while running into the window frame press a

Just now, thevisarat said:

on xbox left trigger will cancel shift mate 

and for sprint its right thumb stick click ( I think) and while running into the window frame press a

Perfect, thanks

I usually try to play as stealthy as i can.  I use AJ at this stage.  Im only level 8.  I try to be as quiet as possible.  I prefer to play as counselor right now.  I was jason once and did ok but i prefer counselor.  I try to stay isolated until i find valuable parts to share. If you are playing as vanessa, stay away from others.  You are the errand girl.   Go find parts, drop them to people with good skill abilities.  But dont stay hanging around stealthy players.