Sign in to follow this  
SolidusPrime

A slight change to traps

I would like to suggest that traps be made a skill check - perhaps a difficult one - instead of requiring a knife to disarm. 

As it is now, a good Jason can effectively completely remove certain objectives from the game with careful trap placement. With the way things spawn, this doesn't make it COMPLETELY impossible to win, just really unlikely.  I don't think taking an objective out should be as easy as holding 'R' for a few seconds.

Making it a long or difficult skill check still creates a delay the character must over come before getting to the objective. You could even maybe make the traps screech and squeel so it generates noise. Instead of, or in addition to that, the trap could snap on them if they fail the check. 

I believe this would retain most of the purpose of the trap, while removing the "op" possibilities. 

• Like 4

I agree they need to be changed if not a skill check then by placing a weapon or something in them, I've been in many games where the very first thing Jason does is place down traps at the fuse box and at the cars or boat and since pocket knives are so difficult to find it makes it basically impossible to do anything other than step in them and hope for the best which is alittle ridiculous

Yea I agree I have  noticed  that Jason's will spam traps around the car and phone like a lot of traps in the same spot and that it's  hard to finde a pocket knife so I think it should be a skill check becuz there could be 3 traps in the same spot and when you get stuck in one and break free then you get stuck agen and there all over the car and phone just a trap on top of another trap so I  totally  agree with the skill checks and it would require a weapon like a bat or pipe or an axe to place down and there would be skill checks following that

8 minutes ago, killerwolf36405 said:

Yea I agree I have  noticed  that Jason's will spam traps around the car and phone like a lot of traps in the same spot and that it's  hard to finde a pocket knife so I think it should be a skill check becuz there could be 3 traps in the same spot and when you get stuck in one and break free then you get stuck agen and there all over the car and phone just a trap on top of another trap so I  totally  agree with the skill checks and it would require a weapon like a bat or pipe or an axe to place down and there would be skill checks following that

Exactly I found the fuse the other night and I hid in a closet until Jason left but when I went to the fuse box there was like 3 or 4 traps there's and I had one pocket knife so I ended up having to abandon the  phone all together, they either need to make it so u can put weapons in it  or a skill check and Jason can't put multiple traps on top of each other

On 5/29/2017 at 2:09 AM, SolidusPrime said:

I would like to suggest that traps be made a skill check - perhaps a difficult one - instead of requiring a knife to disarm. 

As it is now, a good Jason can effectively completely remove certain objectives from the game with careful trap placement. With the way things spawn, this doesn't make it COMPLETELY impossible to win, just really unlikely.  I don't think taking an objective out should be as easy as holding 'R' for a few seconds.

Making it a long or difficult skill check still creates a delay the character must over come before getting to the objective. You could even maybe make the traps screech and squeel so it generates noise. Instead of, or in addition to that, the trap could snap on them if they fail the check. 

I believe this would retain most of the purpose of the trap, while removing the "op" possibilities. 

Ive sguested this many times on the forum; weapons should disable traps, and they should be easily disabled with little sacrifice.  Weapons are abundent, semi-useful.  They serve the role perfectly.

If Jason puts a trap in an obvious location, and a counselor finds it, who is at fault?  Jason.  Because he didn't hide it well.

Okay, so who pays for the fault?  The Counselor apparently, for the cost of a pocket knife (rare and valuable) or health and alerting Jason, and this is especially true if they are spammed in front of an objective.  That being your means of escape, that leaves Counselors at an unfair advantage more so than they already are.  That's not fun.

This trap idea was proposed a while ago and got much bad reception from the forum.  These issues were predicted before the game even launched.

• Like 1

There needs to be some change to the trap skill. It has gotten to the point where it is predictable. Jason will inevitably place traps on key objectives so you can't do them. Normally this wouldn't be a problem if they could be disarmed, but with the way that they are now, you have no choice but to avoid them or take the hit and risk being caught right afterward, and neither option will help you survive the duration of the game.

I wouldn't be opposed to the ideas listed here.

1. Make it a skill check and if you fail, it makes noise AND traps you or either or

2. Allow melee weapons to be thrown into them. The trade off is you lose your melee weapon

I'm not opposed to giving counselors more options to deal with them. I am opposed to removing them though. As the game evolves and counselor players get better and better. Jason can't be in 3 places at once. The phone box, the two seater/boat or 4 seater. No Jason can. Its not fair to him. The traps are his proximity weapons and the knives are his long range weapons. He needs them.

They're definitely going to need to do something about the traps, once it gets to the point where every Jason traps the phone/car right off the bat the game is going to be a lot less fun and escaping will be far too difficult. 

33 minutes ago, ChadFace said:

They're definitely going to need to do something about the traps, once it gets to the point where every Jason traps the phone/car right off the bat the game is going to be a lot less fun and escaping will be far too difficult. 

Agree, just wait until you play with experienced Jasons that know this and people get better at the game everyone will be doing this as Jason and be bitching about it on the forums definitely needs to changed ASAP