I think a feature where you can report people is not only extremely necessary for this game, but also maybe a feature to kick a counselor by spectating players (if cheating is seen).

A PS4 player w the gamertag Dab_Legend_710 was in a party chat with Jason and was telling him the location of the other counselors. This is not only uncool, but ruins the game for all parties involved. 

Pls pls pls implement this feature <3 (after servers are fixed)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jntnosleep said:

I think a feature where you can report people is not only extremely necessary for this game, but also maybe a feature to kick a counselor by spectating players (if cheating is seen).

A PS4 player w the gamertag Dab_Legend_710 was in a party chat with Jason and was telling him the location of the other counselors. This is not only uncool, but ruins the game for all parties involved. 

Pls pls pls implement this feature <3 (after servers are fixed)

Dude come on what do you seriously think the developers of the game are gonna be able to do about that? If they are in a party chat how would they know that they are doing that? What youre asking for is ridiculous if you dont like how those people play that are in your game then just leave and play with someone else.

57 minutes ago, Terminator52 said:

Dude come on what do you seriously think the developers of the game are gonna be able to do about that? If they are in a party chat how would they know that they are doing that? What youre asking for is ridiculous if you dont like how those people play that are in your game then just leave and play with someone else.

If jason + the counselor are together and jason is not trying to kill that counselor it is safe to say they are working together. A report function would be able to at least investigate it? Maybe jason is not allowed to be in a party chat?

Regardless a report feature is still essential.

• Like 2

The fact that his screen name is Dab Legend 710 tells you everything you need to know about that cheater's age and maturity.  Wouldn't expect someone like that to play the game in a way respectful to other players.

• Like 1

Ghosting is not something you can stop, or accurately prove. This is not a problem unique to this game. However, a report button for hackers and unwarranted betrayals is definitely a necessity. 

We have been talking about this problem already in previous posts. Actually the best way to avoid this is not to let jason be a guy who is in a party with someone else, in my opinion. Not to mention that on PS4 there are also random players who get bored to wait and send messages to the killer to spot the other counselors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOne said:

We have been talking about this problem already in previous posts. Actually the best way to avoid this is not to let jason be a guy who is in a party with someone else, in my opinion. Not to mention that on PS4 there are also random players who get bored to wait and send messages to the killer to spot the other counselors.

I think it'd be fair to say that this idea wouldn't work well. It's not fun to restrict an entire part of the game when you're playing with friends. Personally (on PC) whoever is Jason voluntarily deafens his voice chat on discord in my group of friends, and we always root for our fellow random counselors, even after death. Like I said before, this probably isn't an issue you can directly tackle without restricting players who might have not even done this in the first place.

Maybe an idea would be to implement some sort of reputation system? Everyone would get an icon or number next to his name showing his / her reputation given by other players. Minus being bad rep, positive being good rep. I think a system like that could easily be implemented but it could also be exploited of course.

A report option would also be nice.

Haha, I was playing a game where a guy had glitched himself into a cabinet that I couldn't interact with, and basically sat in there til the 20 mins ran out.

Since it is hard to prove, maybe an "avoid player" feature? Where we can avoid ever playing with people who abuse the game for their advantage?

I think forcing Jason to be in game chat (& not party chat) is also a viable option. 

I agree that there should be away to report potential hacks/glitches/cheaters. While you can keep Jason out of party chat, you can't keep players off third party apps like discord.

A player on Xbox One with gamer tag: seeKNdestroy04 got up on the roof of Packanack Lodge and just waited the 20 minutes. Many players were left spectating and angered by this. We need a report function.

Can't keep people from helping Jason you got Party/Skype/Discord/Cell Phone/plus so many other ways to talk to Jason

For reporting people I bet people will report Jason for Slashing everybody

Report people for leaving in the fourcar by themselves

so many other things people will report you for

all of this is just adding fuel to the fire

No matter what they do people will cheat/troll