Service Update! - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COMPLETELY SO YOU ARE AWARE:

Okay, so the team is working on a fix for servers. These server issues have been causing the Database Login Failure, the level issues where people are not gaining XP, as well as perk assignment issues that have been present from launch. Obviously, this is causing a damper on gameplay for people. We're looking to change that.

The short of it is; we will be shutting down servers completely at around 7AM EST for maintenance. We expect them to be down until around 10AM EST, though this could be a shorter time. We will post when things are back online. This shutdown will affect ALL THREE PLATFORMS: STEAM, XBOX ONE and PS4.

When servers do come back online; you should no longer see the database login failure, you should see your stats set to where they need to be from gameplay with unlocks and perks and you should able to work with your account as normal.

Bear in mind; this will not affect matchmaking issues that are still present on Xbox One and PS4. This is mainly to remove the server issues for accounts still being locked out and seeing their stats/unlocks not displaying/unlocking correctly.

We hope this is a step in the right direction and are confident in things working well, but please bear with us. We're working hard at it! Apologies for the inconvenience, but this should stabilize things for users. Our next big goal is matchmaking for PS4 and Xbox One!

• Like 2

Oh man, I really hope this works after the server shutdown.

Good news hopefully, lets cross our fingers :D

This is good news, thank you for sharing this!

Maybe now I can recommend my friends to buy the game without warning them about server issues. 

This is honestly a pretty fun game (even for someone like me, who really doesn't like horror games at all besides potential lore) and I'm sad that the launch was rather unsuccessful (though technically it happened because the game was "too" successful but you get what I mean).

Hopefully with the servers acting properly people can get past the first impression the servers caused and help them see how fun (and tense) the game can be. 

• Like 1

Fingers and toes crossed! Get rid of that goofy database error! Thanks for the update, Im off to bed with that good piece of news. 

*I need to lower expectations, so if it doesnt fix it, I wont go apeshit. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Service Update! - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COMPLETELY SO YOU ARE AWARE:

Okay, so the team is working on a fix for servers. These server issues have been causing the Database Login Failure, the level issues where people are not gaining XP, as well as perk assignment issues that have been present from launch. Obviously, this is causing a damper on gameplay for people. We're looking to change that.

The short of it is; we will be shutting down servers completely at around 7AM EST for maintenance. We expect them to be down until around 10AM EST, though this could be a shorter time. We will post when things are back online. This shutdown will affect ALL THREE PLATFORMS: STEAM, XBOX ONE and PS4.

When servers do come back online; you should no longer see the database login failure, you should see your stats set to where they need to be from gameplay with unlocks and perks and you should able to work with your account as normal.

Bear in mind; this will not affect matchmaking issues that are still present on Xbox One and PS4. This is mainly to remove the server issues for accounts still being locked out and seeing their stats/unlocks not displaying/unlocking correctly.

We hope this is a step in the right direction and are confident in things working well, but please bear with us. We're working hard at it! Apologies for the inconvenience, but this should stabilize things for users. Our next big goal is matchmaking for PS4 and Xbox One!

My body is ready 

pls let this be the fix we need 

1 hour ago, spoonman said:

Fingers and toes crossed! Get rid of that goofy database error! Thanks for the update, Im off to bed with that good piece of news. 

*I need to lower expectations, so if it doesnt fix it, I wont go apeshit. 

:lol: I am thinking the same. 

So what's being done about Xbox and Psn server issues? 2days now without being able to play the game. Waited half an hour to join a lobby and when I did find a lobby, I was by myself. The main focus should be getting everyone playing the game and then look into stats and perk issues.

• Like 1

Well as I've been playing without servers for 3 days. 3 hours isnt gonna make a difference. 

4 minutes ago, IMSOLOBOLO said:

So what's being done about Xbox and Psn server issues? 2days now without being able to play the game. Waited half an hour to join a lobby and when I did find a lobby, I was by myself. The main focus should be getting everyone playing the game and then look into stats and perk issues.

Same here.  Searches and then when I think I've gotten into a lobby, it's only me and nobody else joins.

• Like 1

You meantioned when the Steam DLC was live it you had to Generate new codes. Ive checked my backerkit and there is no new code. It appears Ive got two copies of the game instead of the DLC. Yet you can see it the receipt I clearly paid for the DLC. Where can I get some actual assistance for this. Ive emailed backerkit but got no response. Not to meantion I can no longer get into the game. I could the first day now Ive been Database Erroring for 3 days.

46 minutes ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

Same here.  Searches and then when I think I've gotten into a lobby, it's only me and nobody else joins.

Look up the threads for people wanting invites to games. Put your name in and you'll get people from the forums inviting you. 

And if you're on Xbox look at the Looking For Group section there's so many on there. Not sure if PS has a similar thing.

1 hour ago, Daveo said:

Still can't login.

Really? That sucks my friend. I felt like a kid on christmas morning when I got to play 4 matches earlier. No lag, no crashing, it was great. I hope it starts working for you soon. Im kind of scared to go home and try logging in. I hope it wasnt 2 good 2 be true. 

If i get the database error later, you can bet I will be bitching up a storm in here -_-

I thought they were fixing servers today? I just got home from work and tried searching and just sat there for ten minutes then the game froze, restarted tried again for a few then gave up. I might try for a private lobby tonight or tomorrow because I am so ready to play this game, very frustrated! Private matches are not always good for me because sometimes I only have 30 min or so or bounce on and off a couple times a day and just want a quick match

13 hours ago, LuckyDrunkTed said:

I can't hardly get into a game and when I do I get kicked out because the host leaves

9 minutes ago, chromeXskull said:

I thought they were fixing servers today? I just got home from work and tried searching and just sat there for ten minutes then the game froze, restarted tried again for a few then gave up. I might try for a private lobby tonight or tomorrow because I am so ready to play this game, very frustrated! Private matches are not always good for me because sometimes I only have 30 min or so or bounce on and off a couple times a day and just want a quick match

Oh no no no, they are fixing server issues for PC because they couldn't care leas about  console. 

4 minutes ago, IMSOLOBOLO said:

Oh no no no, they are fixing server issues for PC because they couldn't care leas about  console. 

Hey buddy

They explained above that PC gamers get fixed first because the STEAM platform on PC does not require a certification.

That means they don't have to explain it to STEAM, show that it works etc...they can just press the "GO" button when they feel like it.

Then they explained that because Sony and Microsoft require certifications before they will allow patches to be released on their PSN and XBox LIVE Networks then they have to wait for the guys at Sony and Microsoft to agree that it's fine to do it.

The delay is because it's Labor Day weekend in the USA and May Bank Holiday in the UK so most people who work for these companies are at home and that's why there's a longer delay for consoles.