GunMedia_Ben

Server Maintenance to fix issues coming tonight

20 minutes ago, Hudonj said:

See guys? They did it !

Do you see? DO YOU SEE? DO YOU SEEEEEEEEEEE????

event-horizon-do-you-see-do-you-see.jpg

Yes.

I see.

*BOOOOOOOM*

6 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

This game is so freakin fun that I just can't wait to get back on...I'm frustrated by the issues but excited to get it back on track.

Hopefully the issues will thin out the "XXcod420coolbroXX" guys who don't use mics and play exclusively as Vanessa and Buggzy and keep sprinting the entire match and lead Jason right to me as I'm stealthily finding supplies.

/endrant

It just needs a report button, not that hard to implement, and a function that the guys can see the video proof, but I have no idea if that small team can afford support employee just for reports.

8 hours ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

Service Update! - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING COMPLETELY SO YOU ARE AWARE: 

Okay, so the team is working on a fix for servers. These server issues have been causing the Database Login Failure, the level issues where people are not gaining XP, as well as perk assignment issues that have been present from launch. Obviously, this is causing a damper on gameplay for people. We're looking to change that.  

The short of it is; we will be shutting down servers completely at around 7AM EST for maintenance. We expect them to be down until around 10AM EST, though this could be a shorter time. We will post when things are back online. This shutdown will affect ALL THREE PLATFORMS: STEAM, XBOX ONE and PS4. 

When servers do come back online; you should no longer see the database login failure, you should see your stats set to where they need to be from gameplay with unlocks and perks and you should able to work with your account as normal. 

Bear in mind; this will not affect matchmaking issues that are still present on Xbox One and PS4. This is mainly to remove the server issues for accounts still being locked out and seeing their stats/unlocks not displaying/unlocking correctly. 

We hope this is a step in the right direction and are confident in things working well, but please bear with us. We're working hard at it! Apologies for the inconvenience, but this should stabilize things for users. Our next big goal is matchmaking for PS4 and Xbox One!

thats funny wes you told me last night that was not what you wanted to do and you could do that all while people played, another one of those i told you so moments.<_<

7 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Dude, please jsut call a spade a spade.

10:30 was wrong and we have no idea when they'll come back up, correct?

This is why Ive kinda turned against Gun. JUST SAY IT. Beating around the bush about it trying to save face just makes it worse and pisses everyone off.

I am giving information, That is where it begins and ends. Server maintenance is still being conducted and should be a little longer as time estimates given for maintenance are always loosely based. You can have your own opinions on the information given, however that does not mean that the information being provided should not be passed along for those who are interested in the information.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Dude, please jsut call a spade a spade.

10:30 was wrong and we have no idea when they'll come back up, correct?

This is why Ive kinda turned against Gun. JUST SAY IT. Beating around the bush about it trying to save face just makes it worse and pisses everyone off.

I have to agree ! 

1 minute ago, JPops said:

I am giving information, That is where it begins and ends. Server maintenance is still being conducted and should be a little longer as time estimates given for maintenance are always loosely based. You can have your own opinions on the information given, however that does not mean that the information being provided should not me passed along for those who are interested in the information.

I just have zero patience for side-skirting the issues. We want to love Gun but they're making it awfully difficult lately and this just adds to it. "Oh shit, that didnt work. Sorry guys, gotta try something else" is WAY more info and way more forgivable than "Maintenance is still being conducted at this time", we dont even know what that means and can only assume that it will still be a while before it's fixed. I'd just like to see them be honest rather than so dodgy. I hate that dodginess.

2 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

I just have zero patience for side-skirting the issues. We want to love Gun but they're making it awfully difficult lately and this just adds to it. "Oh shit, that didnt work. Sorry guys, gotta try something else" is WAY more info and way more forgivable than "Maintenance is still being conducted at this time", we dont even know what that means and can only assume that it will still be a while before it's fixed. I'd just like to see them be honest rather than so dodgy. I hate that dodginess.

What do you want, a crashing course about server maintenance as a reply?

Just now, Hudonj said:

What do you want, a crashing course about server maintenance as a reply?

Nope. Just some real info.

Servers will still be down for some time

Looks like the downtime will be longer than expected

Whoops, something just got worse.

We thought we had a fix......didnt work, something went wrong, we'll get em back up as soon as we can but it wont be at 10:30

Something along those lines rather than the vague statement they had Jpops make.

Hello,

I registered for this forum just to say this... I appreciate the information on the server reboot.  I came here looking for information and I found it, so thanks for taking the time to posts updates.  Also, I'd like to say that we've had a fantastic time playing this game over the weekend.  And yes, we suffered the login database errors, had to create new accounts, couldn't save perks, game glitches, etc...  But we found work-arounds.  We've laughed, screamed, joked, and generally had a great time playing this game together. 

So devs, keep your heads up and don't let the haters get to you.  While I can certainly sympathize with their frustration, just know that there are a lot of us out here that are patiently looking forward to the future fixes and updates - but we may not take the time to create an account and post.  And sincerely, thanks for posting the information.

Thanks.  - LewisCarroll

4 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

I have a lot of tolerance for you, watching multiple posts of assumption, juxtaposition and flat out absurdity. We get it all the time from people on the forums, but to get pissed off at us for going a moment over 30 minutes when we said '30 minutes or so,' just takes the cake in your reactions lately. 

Look, I get it dude. You think our team is just lollygagging around? You think we want this to happen? You think that my goal in this industry is to sell you something that doesn't work? It's very hard to describe the work that goes on in the backend, there's a very good reason major companies do not talk about this kind of stuff because it is very, very, very tough work that takes years of learning for people to master. I'm not a network engineer, nor do I claim to know much about it, but I don't go yell at our team to 'fix it,' simply because it's not working. 

You know when you're downloading things and it gives you an estimate? Say, your latest Xbox One, Steam or PS4 patch to a game? They usually give you a download estimate time. Those times are assumptions, they are not definitive, but they are reliably close. That's what's going on with these machines. We have an estimate, we believe that estimate to be close and we relay that information. The best part is, we have no 'progress bar,' we see what's spinning up and make a best guess based on the time and what remains. 

It's on the way back up, and hopefully things will look better for everyone. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Well in terms of fairness. Let's just say some time was carved out to write a step by step process on what's being done. It would have to be written by someone with intimate knowledge of what they are doing and how that action will provide results. That would mean someone would have to break off from working on the maintenance and write up what they are at the moment doing. I think you and I can agree thier time would better be utilized working on the task at hand than writing a step by step right?

Then on the other side of it, it would be all technical jargon speaking of corrupted nodes and server load balance which to your average gamer might as well be written in a foreign language. Most people just want it to work and that is what every effort is being poured into at the moment. 

I know the words a "small team" is irritating to some but people can only do some much multi-tasking. More people = more areas to attack at once. It's a harsh reality and not an answer that people want to hear when something is not working but it does not change the situation. While it may be irritating to hear it is honesty being put on display. 

A lot of online games have server issues and with bigger companies you don't even get an explanation beyond we are working on this issue sorry and you just wait in limbo until they are done. I've seen that scenario multiple times. A conscious effort is being made to keep people up to date. While specifics of each step are not being laid out and attempt is being made to let everyone know you are being heard, and it's being addressed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GunMedia_Ben said:

I have a lot of tolerance for you, watching multiple posts of assumption, juxtaposition and flat out absurdity. We get it all the time from people on the forums, but to get pissed off at us for going a moment over 30 minutes when we said '30 minutes or so,' just takes the cake in your reactions lately. 

Look, I get it dude. You think our team is just lollygagging around? You think we want this to happen? You think that my goal in this industry is to sell you something that doesn't work? It's very hard to describe the work that goes on in the backend, there's a very good reason major companies do not talk about this kind of stuff because it is very, very, very tough work that takes years of learning for people to master. I'm not a network engineer, nor do I claim to know much about it, but I don't go yell at our team to 'fix it,' simply because it's not working. 

You know when you're downloading things and it gives you an estimate? Say, your latest Xbox One, Steam or PS4 patch to a game? They usually give you a download estimate time. Those times are assumptions, they are not definitive, but they are reliably close. That's what's going on with these machines. We have an estimate, we believe that estimate to be close and we relay that information. The best part is, we have no 'progress bar,' we see what's spinning up and make a best guess based on the time and what remains. 

It's on the way back up, and hopefully things will look better for everyone. 

You're missing my point man.

I'm off today and I'd love to play. The vague statement made by Jpops just doesnt give us relevant info. We can see the servers arent back. Im not pissed at that, Im more like .... should I go ahead and do yardowork then? We down for a good while still? What? Trying to figure out what you guys mean by some of this is just frustrating.

Ive defended the server thing, and I KNOW you guys are working hard. Its the way you communicate it that's frustrating. I dont expect it to be a to-the-second deal. But "it might be a few hours yet" would be great. That's all Im saying.

@GunMedia_Ben

Keep doing what your team is doing. Showed a buddy who has no interest in video games Friday the 13th and his mind was blown by how well the game nailed the source material. I think a lot of people forget the difficulty of always online games. Anyone remember the Diablo 3 launch, it was a disaster. Hopefully it will be soon. Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

no matter what anyone from the dev side says or explains, some retarted knuckleheads like @BloodOnTheRocks here will never be satisfied with the answers.... fuck those player. seriously... and if Mods or admins wanna ban me for insulting people that are just toxic to the board in a very different way, ban those fucktards too then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IH8YH said:

no matter what anyone from the dev side says or explains, some retarted knuckleheads like @BloodOnTheRocks here will never be satisfied with the answers.... fuck those player. seriously... and if Mods or admins wanna ban me for insulting people that are just toxic to the board in a very different way, ban those fucktards too then

That's cool if they ban me. Might do me some good, because I AM too wrapped up in this game. I dont mean to insult them, I'm just a dead straight forward person. I'd rather they just say "I dont know". That's all Im trying to get across. Then we at least know not to hang around trying to log in or if we should move on for a bit and try later.

EDIT: actually - Jpops, please go ahead and do just that. I formally request a 3 day ban. I know you're probably not too fond of me so no hard feelings if you slap more than that on it. I'm definitely too emotional about it. Never been so hyped about a game before.

Excited to play today when the servers come back up.

Hoping the issues with level loss is corrected as well. Really enjoying the game guys. Thanks so much for working so hard on it!

I think everyone is just hyped to play a game that they have waited a long time for. And the taste  we got most people want more but have to wait for it. It's a two sided coin. I don't think anyone should get banned for it, but maybe everyone can think about what they type before hitting send.

5 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

That's cool if they ban me. Might do me some good, because I AM too wrapped up in this game. I dont mean to insult them, I'm just a dead straight forward person. I'd rather they just say "I dont know". That's all Im trying to get across. Then we at least know not to hang around trying to log in or if we should move on for a bit and try later.

EDIT: actually - Jpops, please go ahead and do just that. I formally request a 3 day ban. I know you're probably not too fond of me so no hard feelings if you slap more than that on it. I'm definitely too emotional about it. Never been so hyped about a game before.

Nothing you are doing is ban-worthy, nor would we ban criticism. We ban rules being broken, which you are not doing. 

If you believe my communication or any communication from anyone at our team is lacking, then I am sorry. We've posted information how we can, when we can, across all of the various channels that have major groups of our fans. It's time consuming, but we're working to make it happen. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BloodOnTheRocks said:

Dude comon... aren't you exagarating a little bit? It's not like you were losing your job, crashing you car or anything... it suck that the game had a 'big rocky start' but i personnaly rejoice that the game is very fun as far as i could play it... not everything is crap dude and even if that was the case, there is worst than this in real life dude...

• Like 1

Just now, GunMedia_Ben said:

Nothing you are doing is ban-worthy, nor would we ban criticism. We ban rules being broken, which you are not doing. 

If you believe my communication or any communication from anyone at our team is lacking, then I am sorry. We've posted information how we can, when we can, across all of the various channels that have major groups of our fans. It's time consuming, but we're working to make it happen. 

Dude. I really, really like you. I think you take me the wrong way. Mostly my fault probably because I post pretty off the cuff, I dont have much filter. I accept that stuff goes wrong and technical problems are hard to work out. I've voiced it when I disagreed with a decision you guys have made but tried to stay reasonable. I appreciate your response here, and I recognize I have broken any rules in the most black and white sense.

I still request a ban, though, because it'll cool the forums off a bit and cool me off a bit. It's a game. I've become too focused on it.