What happened in the last 24 hours?

I played this game all day yesterday - every other group had decent people (and by decent I mean people who were trying to have fun and would communicate, even if was just about objectives). Even the quiet games were just quiet. Now nobody talks unless they are talking trash - and not the friendly kind. It's either super boring or you're with people you just want to kill IRL.

And the Jasons won't shut-up either.

Is the game dead already?

It's like any other game in that fashion.  Some people are fun, some aren't.

I've had both scenarios.

The day and time of day may have something to do with it, plus the fact of database issues and people can't log in. 

3 minutes ago, spoonman said:

Dead? it hasnt even begun, tens of thousands of us cant even connect!

amen!

• Like 1

I see posts such as the OP's and I wonder if they've done something wrong in life to have karma spank them so harshly. 

In all the games I've played, I've only had one person act a fool. (A Tommy who aimed his shotgun at me a few times for zero reason. I considered seeing what a flare gun to the dome does to a counselor) I've been getting in as much playtime as possible and have added a few dozen to my friends list and played with roughly 100 people. (Hell maybe more.) 

My advice would be to mute Jason's if their talking bugs you.

11 minutes ago, NuSix3 said:

It's undead and stalking in the darkness. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NuSix3 said:

What happened in the last 24 hours?

I played this game all day yesterday - every other group had decent people (and by decent I mean people who were trying to have fun and would communicate, even if was just about objectives). Even the quiet games were just quiet. Now nobody talks unless they are talking trash - and not the friendly kind. It's either super boring or you're with people you just want to kill IRL.

And the Jasons won't shut-up either.

So the fact that some people are talking trash, the unfriendly kind, means that the game is dead already?

Makes sense...:rolleyes:

Just now, 102G said:

So the fact that some people are talking trash, the unfriendly kind, means that the game is dead already?

Yes. People like you ruin the game for people like me. Fuck off.

1 minute ago, 102G said:

Wait, doesn't that mean it has made it in the eyes of the public?

To be blunt I think the problems with matchmaking have kind of been a blessing. I have been adding favorite people to my list and when I want to play quickly I start a nice game with at least 5 people that are awesome. 

Just now, NuSix3 said:

Yes. People like you ruin the game for people like me. Fuck off.

LOL! Don't think I've even played against you (I'm on the One) but if you get this sensitive over trash talk, maybe you should avoid multiplayer games. And for the record, I am not one for trash talk...

3 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Wait, doesn't that mean it has made it in the eyes of the public?

To be blunt I think the problems with matchmaking have kind of been a blessing. I have been adding favorite people to my list and when I want to play quickly I start a nice game with at least 5 people that are awesome. In general it's been pretty chill playing with people today. Everybody seems quite content to be able to play.

So true, I made friends with a couple of people today and it's nice to know that I'll have people to rely on when I'm playing this game.

Just now, 102G said:

LOL! Don't think I've even played against you (I'm on the One) but if you get this sensitive over trash talk, maybe you should avoid multiplayer games. And for the record, I am not one for trash talk...

Oh, so people who want to have fun and just chill are the ones in the wrong. Okay. That makes sense.

Just now, NuSix3 said:

Oh, so people who want to have fun and just chill are the ones in the wrong. Okay. That makes sense.

You need to ignore the noise NuSix 3, many people trash talk in video games (again, not my cup of tea) so either you can let it get to you or mute them and move on.

I never have to deal with any of that stuff because I added a bunch of people from forums and such to play with in private matches.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 102G said:

You need to ignore the noise NuSix 3, many people trash talk in video games (again, not my cup of tea) so either you can let it get to you or mute them and move on.

When it happens 10/10 games in a row and the most I said was, "hi," or the dreaded, "I got the gas," something is wrong. There's less trash talk in Counter-Strike - and I understand and accept it a hell of a lot more there. I'm telling you, this is different. It's weird, uncomfortable, and anti-fun.

And I apologize for my first reply. I was already triggered from another bad game.

Nothing against children playing the game(if their parents are cool with it that's not my problem) but some of them just don't know how to keep quiet at the appropriate moments. Was playing a match last night and a lad who sounded quite young had family guy playing on a tv in the background so that's all I could hear through the walkie talkie.

6 minutes ago, NuSix3 said:

When it happens 10/10 games in a row and the most I said was, "hi," or the dreaded, "I got the gas," something is wrong. There's less trash talk in Counter-Strike - and I understand and accept it a hell of a lot more there. I'm telling you, this is different. It's weird, uncomfortable, and anti-fun.

The good news is you're on a forum full of people that don't do stuff like that. Hit up one of the LFG threads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lionhearted215 said:

The good news is you're on a forum full of people that don't do stuff like that. Hit up one of the LFG threads.

This has been a Godsend. 

I have had more fun with 16 hours of Friday the 13th gameplay than I have had in years. The other day I could badely play the game because I was laughing so hard.