I've been found by a Jason while hiding inside a tent.

No, not because he walked past me and heard me. He teleported right towards me from pretty much the other side of the map. 

Now, I can't tell if a traitor gave me away since I was the last man standing, but in general I found it inevitable to find hiding counselors as Jason. 

You can't even walk past their bed/closet without hearing a "HHRUUUGHH!!!!" that makes you think a rocket is starting right next to you.

So, I'd not only regulate down their general noise inside hiding spots, but also give them bigger lungs OR a silent breathing mode creating few noise and using up your "hold breath" bar slower.

If making them more silent is too much, do it that way: The longer Jason stands still next to their hideout, the louder he should hear them in there. This helps staying secret when he's just passing through.

About markers: You should not be marked by sense while hiding outside a building (e.g. in a tent) unless Jason is in closer proximity (5 metred?), no matter your fear level in order to actually allow for it to be a viable escape tactic - since there is almost no escape from an undistracted Jason as of right now. (Yet remember that he can see you getting into those spots, depending on the situation)

The "Please don't see me"s and other variants, though, are just fine since they're meant to give you away.