So now that the game is out and we know how Jason works I want to take the time to think about how to make Roy fit into the killer's role in this game.

Now since Roy Burns is a copycat killer imitating Jason he can be used as just another Jason in this game, and I don't think the changes the team would have to make for him would be anywhere near as expensive or time consuming as making Pamela playable. Roy's super human feats are on par with Jason's in Parts 2 & 3 and I don't see any problem with Roy performing the ability's Jason shows in this game as Roy is strong enough to lift a person one handed and burst though doors just like in this game. (The teleport in a gameplay mechanic not an in lore power)

There is really only one problem I see with making Roy a playable killer, and it's Pamela. For Jason his mother Pamela acts as his narrator and her shrine acts as his spawn room. But Roy has no connection to Pamela, he kills for his son Joey not Jason's mom, so it wouldn't make sense for Roy to hear her voice in his head or to hang out with her head. When it comes to the narration I see two options here, either we just just mute it for Roy or we replace the voice of Pam with Joey to motivate him. Now I think we can keep the shack as a spawn for Roy to act as his hideout but the shrine to Pam would have to be replaced for something else, again it should be probably be something related to Joey

(Warning if you don't want to know how to kill Jason) Highlight below.

So the to kill Jason you need to take his mask, Pam's sweater, and have Tommy hit him with a machete.

The part about the sweater is the only part here I think needs to change. As I said the shrine to Pamela should be replace with something relating to Joey, so maybe instead sweater stunning him we could use something that makes him think of his son like picture of him, his hoodie, or a chocolate bar

I like this. How bout Roys own voice in his head as encouragement? Also if it's not too much later down the line they could put a small ambulance out in the woods to act as his spawn. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, OzzieDeath said:

I like this. How bout Roys own voice in his head as encouragement? Also if it's not too much later down the line they could put a small ambulance out in the woods to act as his spawn. 

Yeah I think the ambulance as a spawn point somewhere in the woods would be best. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2017 at 8:49 AM, Splatterhouse said:

Yeah I think the ambulance as a spawn point somewhere in the woods would be best. 

Yeah, the old timey ambulance with the dead co-worker sprawled across the seats, and Joey's chopped up corpse in the back. Roy isn't supernatural so instead of some voice in his head alerting him when a counselor finds it, the back of the ambulance would set of a car alarm when opened to get at Joey's corpse to find the "stun item."

Tossing out some ideas, Roy should be the "weakest" killer physically but say he has really good abilities like a powerful Stalk that lasts the longest even while moving. Regular Jasons' Stalks run out after about 20 seconds while moving so Roy's should be like 40 seconds or more with a fast recharge time.

Now, Roy is human and should have the ability to run himself but he didn't actually run while in costume in Part V. So how about his base "walk" speed is the "fast-walk" of Zombie Jasons and he CAN run, but let's say he generates more fear while NOT running.

So it would kind of be like what I suspect Roy was doing in Part V: He was running while off camera and just walked when near victims. It would be neat to see players intentionally play this way with a killer that could run.

I also want to see Roy(and really, Jason as well) be able to crouch because he was crouched behind the ambulance when Reggie the Reckless found it and popped up to scare the bujesus out of him.

Stats:

Weapon: Meat Cleaver or Curved Machete

+Can Run(more fear when walking)

+Bleed damage(attacks drain health over time for a certain period but still take about 5 hits of raw damage to kill) If not this then +Destruction

+Stalk(long duration and short recharge time)

-Shift

-Water Speed

-Less Hit Points

EDIT: I changed my mind.  I don't think Roy should run. Replace -Shift for -Can't Run. Replace +Can Run with something else. I can't think of it yet.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Yeah, the old timey ambulance with the dead co-worker sprawled across the seats, and Joey's chopped up corpse in the back. Roy isn't supernatural so instead of some voice in his head alerting him when a counselor finds it, the back of the ambulance would set of a car alarm when opened to get at Joey's corpse to find the "stun item."

I like it! Sound's spot on! 

Id like to see a map with roy with the complete halfway house farm house location the FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 5 A NEW BEGINING MAP With the complete farmhouse ROY And the bloody hallucination jason as a real characher ,why not have Roy and then after Roy is killed .The bloody jason must be killed and the part 5 Tommy Jarvis in the map also.

Just now, REDDOG said:

Id like to see a map with roy with the complete halfway house farm house location the FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 5 A NEW BEGINING MAP With the complete farmhouse ROY And the bloody hallucination jason as a real characher ,why not have Roy and then after Roy is killed .The bloody jason must be killed and the part 5 Tommy Jarvis in the map also.

No.

i think the halfway house farmhouse would be a cool map location.plus Roy would be easier than Jason to kill.so it might be cool to put a real jason in the map also.

4 minutes ago, REDDOG said:

i think the halfway house farmhouse would be a cool map location.plus Roy would be easier than Jason to kill.so it might be cool to put a real jason in the map also.

The point of Roy is to be Roy. Once Roy is dead you win but it should still be hard. If you're going to put a "real" Jason in a match with a "fake" Jason, then just don't make the "fake" Jason in the first place.

• Like 1

i see your point.but i was thinking that the f13th 5 a new begining map may be more difficult. but i would like to see Roy and the farmhouse map for sure.

I do really like the idea about the ambulance.

When it come to the weapon I would love to see him use a pair of hedge clippers, I think it would more unique from the other weapons in the game, have some cool kills potential, and it could even be used as a fun reference to The Burning :D.

Image result for roy burns hedge clippers

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

I do really like the idea about the ambulance.

When it come to the weapon I would love to see him use a pair of hedge clippers, I think it would more unique from the other weapons in the game, have some cool kills potential, and it could even be used as a fun reference to The Burning :D.

Roy could have the hedge clippers hanging from a "tool loop" on the pants leg of his coveralls for grab kill potential but not as his main weapon because good luck chopping down a door with that. Although he didn't have a tool loop in Part V so maybe they could just "appear" magically for kills.

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Roy could have the hedge clippers hanging from a "tool loop" on the pants leg of his coveralls for grab kill potential but not as his main weapon because good luck chopping down a door with that.

I could say the same about the spear though, that thing is not meant for chopping at all.

He could just do a over head swings with the clippers closed or do some downward stabs at it.

1 hour ago, JasonVsWindows said:

I could say the same about the spear though, that thing is not meant for chopping at all.

He could just do a over head swings with the clippers closed or do some downward stabs at it.

That's why I think they should change the animations for the spear and pitchfork to thrusts both in and out of combat mode.

7 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's why I think they should change the animations for the spear and pitchfork to thrusts both in and out of combat mode.

I agree both are stabbing tools and should be used as such

If he was allowed to stab with them it could take the door down like this (skip to 14:45)

Regardless I would be fine with the meat cleaver but I think they should save alternate versions of the machete for Uber Jason. 

• Like 1

Gotta say I really like some of these ideas you've all had like the Ambulance spawn and Hedge Clippers as main weapon.

Perhaps the voice Roy could hear in his head is his paramedic partner saying "What a bunch of pussies. Come on, Roy, get your hands dirty." Or whatever his lines were in the movie when Roy saw Joey's body. Or just omit Pam's voice and Part 5 Jason won't have an inner dialogue.

And instead of Pam's head and sweater in the shack, have Roy's wallet lying open on the seat in the ambulance with Joey's picture in it along side news clippings of Jason. Also have Joey's bloody hoodie. A male counselor could wear it and offer his dad a chocolate bar, lol.

friday-the-13th-part-v-04.jpgfriday5joeydeath2.jpg

RoysWallet.jpg

5 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

Gotta say I really like some of these ideas you've all had like the Ambulance spawn and Hedge Clippers as main weapon.

Perhaps the voice Roy could hear in his head is his paramedic partner saying "What a bunch of pussies. Come on, Roy, get your hands dirty." Or whatever his lines were in the movie when Roy saw Joey's body. Or just omit Pam's voice and Part 5 Jason won't have an inner dialogue.

And instead of Pam's head and sweater in the shack, have Roy's wallet lying open on the seat in the ambulance with Joey's picture in it. Also have Joey's bloody hoodie. A male counselor could wear it and offer his dad a chocolate bar, lol.

I think Roy would get mad as hell if someone did that lol. But in all seriousness he's not simple like Jason so I think the "sweater stun" equivalent should be something that makes Roy contemplate his actions. Maybe the counselors hold up Roy's wallet with Joey's picture and say "Look at him. What would your son want?"

I like that you brought up Roy's coworker calling everyone pussies. Thinking about it, they could have multiple voices in Roy's head. A collection of all the people around him that were assholes and scumbags and his own voice promising vengeance for his son.

6 minutes ago, Pjthines said:

And instead of Pam's head and sweater in the shack, have Roy's wallet lying open on the seat in the ambulance with Joey's picture in it. Also have Joey's bloody hoodie. A male counselor could wear it and offer his dad a chocolate bar, lol.

So in other words, "Roy, your son Joey is talking to you. Put down the weapon and have a chocolate bar."

• Like 1

There's also no reason why "F13: The Game" couldn't see Roy demonically possessed by the spirit of Jason, seeing as Jason is dead for the film but keeps appearing to Tommy in hallucinations and apparently influences Tommy to almost kill Pam at the end. Besides, JGTH has Jason possessing people throughout the film. Just to have Part 5 in the game, if we must keep the shack, Pamela's head, voice and sweater, I'd buy it that Roy is possessed for the game.

@PjthinesNah man we gotta go all out and do Roy right bro. Joey loved chocolate bars and Roy just wanted everyone to know how important that was to Joey.

But in all seriousness I don't think Roy's ambulance would be a big deal to add anyway. New car, some new voice work, presto. Just swap Jason's shack locations for Roy's ambulance. The one exception is Higgin's Haven. The island holds the shack sometimes but the car can't get there of course so have the "mainland" shack location be one ambulance spot and the other be parked off the side of the road in-between Higgin's Camp and Evergreen Camp. It's a vulnerable spot to be in because there's no cover and quite a distance to go before getting to the nearest cabin. It would work as a location for Roy.

Roy's a Jason wannabe who came from a failed movie.

Dudes so boring he lives on someone else's image.

Why do people cling to him? It doesn't make you a true fan and besides why would you want to look and kill like Jason when you could just have jason? 

I mean what's the difference? It's the same mask, kills etc... you might as well just use part 3 Jason and pretend it's Roy.

23 minutes ago, Seeker said:

Roy's a Jason wannabe who came from a failed movie.

Dudes so boring he lives on someone else's image.

Why do people cling to him? It doesn't make you a true fan and besides why would you want to look and kill like Jason when you could just have jason? 

I mean what's the difference? It's the same mask, kills etc... you might as well just use part 3 Jason and pretend it's Roy.

Hell why do we even have any other Jason's, I mean its mostly the same mask, same kills, and same character. might as well only use part 3 and pretend it's one of the other designs. After all whats the difference?

Seriously though I want Roy because I liked his movie and I believe he would be easy to implement. I don't know with your on about with the "true fan" thing, Your not a truer fan for disliking him. I'm just asking for another skin to represent a part of the series and giving suggestions to make it lore friendly.

If you don't like him or part 5 then good for you. But I shouldn't have to explain why your "just play part 3" suggestion is flawed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JasonVsWindows said:

Hell why do we even have any other Jason's, I mean its mostly the same mask, same kills, and same character. might as well only use part 3 and pretend it's one of the other designs. After all whats the difference?

Seriously though I want Roy because I liked his movie and I believe he would be easy to implement. I don't know with your on about with the "true fan" thing, Your not a truer fan for disliking him. I'm just asking for another skin to represent a part of the series and giving suggestions to make it lore friendly.

If you don't like him or part 5 then good for you. But I shouldn't have to explain why your "just play part 3" suggestion is flawed.

I never said disliking makes me a truer fan, makes me an honest one though.

I don't see any logical reason to like a poser wannabe?

As for the movie, it was a disaster... that's why they brought back Jason, because nobody liked Roy... his appearance ruined the franchise.

Also other Jason's are not the same, some are supernatural and others less than supernatural.

The weapon kills and appearance are very different.

Roy however is a copycat so his kills would be the same as part 3 as will his look.

32 minutes ago, Seeker said:

I never said disliking makes me a truer fan, makes me an honest one though.

I don't see any logical reason to like a poser wannabe?

As for the movie, it was a disaster... that's why they brought back Jason, because nobody liked Roy... his appearance ruined the franchise.

Also other Jason's are not the same, some are supernatural and others less than supernatural.

The weapon kills and appearance are very different.

Roy however is a copycat so his kills would be the same as part 3 as will his look.

1. Implying I'm less honest for liking him?

2. Because I don't have a hang up over the the copycat thing, and have a different opinion then you.

4. The only difference that plays in the game is whether they can run or not

5. I have been suggesting unique weapons based on what he used in the movie and Roy's outfit stands out just as much as any other Jason (more then part 3-4) with his jump suit and blue markings

6. There is no reason to give him the same kills/weapon as part 3 unless the designers are feeling really lazy( again I could say the same for any of the Jason's)

Image result for roy burnsImage result for jason voorhees part 3

And they look different enough to me